The online racing simulator
With LFS still, comparatively in its youth, there is plenty of time for new ideas, tracks and cars to be laid on. It's a superb bit of programming and I turn to it every day.
I like the idea that Altquark came up with, it would certainly help to tone down the reckless driving of a good number I come across.
A kind of grading of the driving community and how they build up their points, successes I think would be good. It would also be affected by the manner in which they've been able to upgrade their setups though and maybe the "exchange of setups" would be more jealously guarded.

I would also like to see an easier way of fiddling with the setups which defeats me still.
I wonder how many know exactly what they've done with a setup when they grab it from another racer or whether they know exactly how they've affected the car they're in.
Quote :There is a track downunder called at Bathurst

OMG, this is an awesome track, though I've never been lucky enough to see it in real life, the GPL version is superb and very, very tricky. Tremendous elevation changes. It would be great to see a similar style of track in LFS or one day a conversion from GPL. (along with about 250 other outstanding circuits!)
I think the forcefeedback could be improve at least if we compare it to FIA GTR! Unlike GTR I don't fell the engine through the wheel's vibrations and there no way to fell the road during a straight line!

Its a minor improvement but i also think that LFS lacks a hood view!
Quote from Maelstrom :I think the forcefeedback could be improve at least if we compare it to FIA GTR! Unlike GTR I don't fell the engine through the wheel's vibrations and there no way to fell the road during a straight line!

Its a minor improvement but i also think that LFS lacks a hood view!

you know that you can set up a custom camera, right?
Quote from felplacerad :you know that you can set up a custom camera, right?

Nop
I didn't know!
Quote from Maelstrom :I think the forcefeedback could be improve at least if we compare it to FIA GTR! Unlike GTR I don't fell the engine through the wheel's vibrations and there no way to fell the road during a straight line!

if you can feel the engine shake the wheel left to right in your car or your steering column stops transporting any forces as soon as your understeering its time to mend it
Quote from Shotglass :if you can feel the engine shake the wheel left to right in your car or your steering column stops transporting any forces as soon as your understeering its time to mend it

I did not speak about shaking left to the right but about vibrations! The wheel is vibrating as if there was something strong moving behind it!
As a reasonably new LFS driver I'm not sure I have the right to make any suggestions...but I will make one observation: almost all the suggestions here are for graphics improvements not handling. I'd say that's a huge endorsement for just how right you've got it!

I'm going to pitch a story to Road & Track (and if they don't tumble Car & Driver) about racing sims in general and LFS in particular. Would you contact me please by email?
Couple of minor suggestions that I'd like to see (and I couldn't find in a search).

1. Text boxes beside the sliders to enter actual values. Sometimes the slider ends up a dozen or so clicks away. Being able to enter whatever value you wanted for everything would be handy and save time.

2. The ability to check server details before you join. A list of player names and their lap times so you can see if you're likely to be totally outclassed before you join. And if there's someone you're trying to avoid for any reason it'd mean you didn't accidentally join a server with them.
-
(Renku) DELETED by Renku
I know there already is a lot of suggestions on damage. But I don't think we're gonna get that any time soon. So I thought of a small improvement in the damage modelling we already have. The damage looks kinda weird at this moment, because parts deform in relation to each other. So if the parts weren't welded together like they are now, they should deform a little more realistic. So my suggestion is, have the different parts of the cars, apart from each other, so they are able to deform more realisticly.
Just to mention: The list will be updated when the (slow) idiots send me my monitor. Ordered it 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting quite pissed

Hopefully in 1 week...
i don't know if this has been suggested already...

Realistic stationary car cameras that arent affected by your gforce shiftd movement settings in options/view...

basicly just realistic incar cams when watching replays... i know we can customize cams. but I like gforce headmovement when racing... and i want it off when watching replays.
shift+u camera suggestions
Hi,

I made some suggestions for the shift+u camera in following thread:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=160099#post160099

Quote from Gabkicks :i don't know if this has been suggested already...

Realistic stationary car cameras that arent affected by your gforce shiftd movement settings in options/view...

basicly just realistic incar cams when watching replays... i know we can customize cams. but I like gforce headmovement when racing... and i want it off when watching replays.

Yeah. Maybe you should be able to config the forces for every view (cockpit, custom) seperately.
Its not nice to change them every time when making a movie. Espeacially when you have to end the mpr-replay to change the custom view or the forces.

cu

Land
Here's what i'd like to see in LFS. I'm a demo driver, so maybe i'm not relevant in this.

1. Tracks: i am a fan of simulations of all kinds. Simulation of life would be my personal best game, if there would be any. Let's make LFS closer to that. I would be good to see more tracks, and not tracks like Silverstone or Nuerburgring, but tracks that we drive on, tracks like in Need for speed hot pursuit 2 or something like that.

2. Cars: more cars, of course. But slower cars, and cars from life (like Golf 2 GTI or Audi A3).

3. Mirrors: i think when you look in a car's mirror, you see the rear part of the car, don't you? So let it be like that in LFS.

4. Engine:
- when you turn on the engine, you hear it, don't you?
- overheating the engine, then the engine blows, that would be great

5. Driver: the driver must be animated, so you see him pushing gas and brake and clutch, you see him shifting, horning and so on.

6. Damaging: a lot of people mentioned it before me, but i have to repeat it. The windows can be broken, the lights, the tires can be blown... when you have a real accident, you CAN'T continue to drive, you can't!

7. Pits:
- it's stupid that you can press shift+s in any time and go into pit. If you don't have fuel, than the race is over for you. You can go into garage, but you can't exit it and disturb other driving
- safety car? that would be nice
- every car must have it's own place for pit. How to mark it? Put some people there when you need to go into pit, like in formula 1

So that was my "little" suggestion. :P

Sorry on my bad english. :/
why are you mentioning so many things that are already on the list?
Quote from Gabkicks :why are you mentioning so many things that are already on the list?

He did say it in a really nice manner, very structural, for some reason I liked his post more than all the other posts that are multiple.

Oh yea, to have a small idea... I know lights aren't for now, and I'm not asking for much, but would it be hard to have the rear lights lit up too when you press the button? I'm not asking for working lights yet... Just brightened rear light textures. And actually, now I think about it... Why not be able to set them to on, continuous, we can do that with blinkers, these ones just don't have to blink I do realise why you can't have them on all the time though... They're meant to signal, not to light.

And, I know it's a stupid suggestion, and I don't know if this would be a compatible change or not... But I like asking expansions to the temporary solutions we have now. Just like with damage, just a bit of expanding.
beneath that soundupdates are necessary,...

lfs devs did with lfs a onlince race simulator, trying to make racing in lfs as most as real.

so my suggestion is, i want black flags / better punishment.

rules are that u r not allowed to cross yellow flag when u leave the pit/garage. peopz ignoring that shall get a dt. and peopz who dont respect driving rules ingame should get their punishment, like ignoring blue flag or ignoring yellow flag. maybe witn an rule-option for servers, like special rulez for stunt servers or rallye servers...

but most annoying for me is when f.ex. in south city classic i come 1st corner and a racer comes directly in my line from the pit, i mean the devs had an idea why they did the yellow line that long as it is...

just my words for that topic (enuff said bout better sounds - a must be)

cheers, good race and enjoy lfs
Quote from frANZi :
5. Driver: the driver must be animated, so you see him pushing gas and brake and clutch, you see him shifting, horning and so on.:/

like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=

would be nice for S3

btw who is the creator of this nice vid?
Sweet movie! Loved it... But I think it's very misleading for people that see LFS for the first time
broken...
when the tires pop, they should be able to come off the rim and the rim should make sparks!!!!! also if you hae things coming off of cars and it hits the windshield, ift shouls shatter it!!!!!! yea

what do ya think?
I think this one should be added to the list, its not the same suggestion as the one already on the list, maybe add this link also to the paragraph "race restarting / voting" under "GAMEPLAY/ONLINE"

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10104
If all the + ones will really come true in a decent time-window. this would be awsome. but you should add: tracks: one more oval

anyway great job!
I dont know if this is suggested before but here you go..

I think the engines rev too much in LFS compared to RL. For example in XF GTI you can see 11K on the gauge, it gives its peak HP at 7,5K and it revs until 10,5K. That's not good imo.

What do you think?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG