The online racing simulator
Live for Speed. I don't see anythibg that says cars only.Why not a motorcycle or two. We had a MRT.
Quote from Rappa Z :Live for Speed. I don't see anythibg that says cars only.Why not a motorcycle or two. We had a MRT.

Obviously intergalactic space ships would also fall into the "speed" category... But yes, racing a bike on the track with a car would be fun.
What everybody here doesn't think about is the following:

An animated driver. I mean when you shift, press the horn or pull the handbrake, the hand has to go off the steering wheel.
Also full working lights. Now you can flash (default "g" button) but the rear lights, front lights, fog lights, ... don't go on.
Also when you chrash the car at the front or back, the lights keep working. A night mode will be cool aswell.

I know there is the Lswitch app that you can use to keep the front lights on but it isn't enough. The rear lights still don't work or the normal lights don't popup on the hood of the XR GT (GT-T)
Quote from Liquid Li0n :What everybody here doesn't think about is the following:

An animated driver. I mean when you shift, press the horn or pull the handbrake, the hand has to go off the steering wheel.
Also full working lights. Now you can flash (default "g" button) but the rear lights, front lights, fog lights, ... don't go on.
Also when you chrash the car at the front or back, the lights keep working. A night mode will be cool aswell.

I know there is the Lswitch app that you can use to keep the front lights on but it isn't enough. The rear lights still don't work or the normal lights don't popup on the hood of the XR GT (GT-T)

OMG. I was going to make a nice list that would point out that all those are on the list... but none of them are. So I just add them (how can I forget stuff like night racing or working lights...).

(luckily I removed that F1 car from the list earlier )
regarding the dashboard on the fo8 and on the bl1 ... id like to be able to choose the colour
blue in the fo8 has too little contrast and the eyes have trouble getting a sharp picture of blue as well as red
custom view - cockpit view preset

ok the wording is reather confuding but i cant think of any better way to describe it in a few words
the idea here is that we dont have an option to change the seat position in cockpit view other than using a custom view ... the problem with this is that it can take ages of fiddling around until youve found the right values to reproduce the cockpit view from which you can adjust the seat position to your preferences
so some sort of preset button that moves the custom view to the camera position of the cockpit view would be a nice idea
and add Higlight for cocpit

sry my bad eng...
Quote from Mario Toyota Racing :Yes all that would be cool. I would also want a night races and light that stay on & fog lights. Maybee a mod with neon lights.
Also it would be cool to have rev limiter like cars in NFSU2 and some flames from exaust & offcourse a lot of smoke (also black smoke if engine is destroyed) & smoke from burning tyres and sparks flying when driving with burst tyres

The night races and fog lights are good.

But with the rest I can smell something's cooking. Hmmm. smells like rice to me.

Underglow neon. Please tell me the point illepall
I think we missed something...

when u turn on the engine... its like it tuns on by miracle...
should it have a start engine sound?? diferent on each car/truck??

it would be great i think...

another sugestion :
when the engine reaches the max RPM, it could "bounce" the RPM engine a litle, like NFSU2

sorry my english

congratultions LFS TEAM!:lfs: :eclipsee_
I would like to see someone code the Logitech MOMO Wheel, so the game can take better advantage of using it.

What I mean is when I play the game with that wheel I for some reason cant use it because it just doesnt feel right, and if you get someone to code the wheel into the game like how the Richard Burns Rally game has done it would make alot more fans happier.

Also another suggestion is to rebuild the graphics in the option section.

What I mean by this is to include more graphical options like Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering so people like me who like better graphics can use the ingame options instead of using the Ati's Catalyst panel or Nvidia's Forceware Panel all the time before entering the game, if you's know what I am saying.

other then that the game is awesome .

also I know this is in a developement stage, I am just saying I would like to see it included in the next few patches coming out.
WHAT??? Code the wheel into the game? What is there to code? The buttons on the wheel so the driver will press them? And if you want the wheel lighter, disable the center spring force in the Game controller settings.

Oh, for the drivers, make a profile, set LFS.exe to it, crank up AA and AF and enjoy. Works for me (nVidia), if ATI's drivers don't support that, bummer. Another reason more to be an nVidia fanboy
Track name displayed in the garage please
#90 - DeKo
Just watched top gear, the top gear track would be class to be included
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
#91 - Sim
Custom views driver/wheel on/off
Add draw driver/wheel option to custom view like in default in car view. Look at the screehshot.
Attached images
In_car_view_vs_custom_view.jpg
maybe this question is already here but sorry then.

these updates are for S3? and does anyone know when S3 will be released?

i'm looking forward to it!
Quote from henrico-20- :maybe this question is already here but sorry then.

these updates are for S3? and does anyone know when S3 will be released?

i'm looking forward to it!

These are just things we, as a community, want for LFS. These have nothing to do with S2, S3 or anything that the devs put into the game. Though the devs(I hope) do read this list and make judgements on what they will work on to put into the game. This is purely a list that the LFS community has built by themselves.

As for S3 nobody knows in this world, not even the devs. S3 will happen when LFS is ready for it to happen. The way its going maybe in the next couple years
Heres a suggestion to prevent lamers from ruining your online racing.
LFS is all about online racing. I love it - 30 cars competing on a known track.

But there are people out there who trash their cars for the fun of it - ruining an online race - or take risks that certainly wouldn't occur "in the real world" with real racers. There are also those that jump into the BMW Sauber on their very first go and wonder why they took out 10 racers in the first corner.

Secondly, it IS possible to "nudge" racers in front of you off the track, while continuing on for a win yourself. In a real race, your license would be revoked.

So there has to be some sort of system that you guys can create to ensure "fairness" in all aspects of racing. Heres some aspects to consider :

1. Money. If you trash the car, you pay for it. Ensuring that pit stops cost $$$ will help here. Have an online account that starts, say, at $50,000 and allows you to buy a car and go racing. When the money drops down, then you have to "refill" your credits. This should be able to be done a couple of ways -
a. Real money ! Heres a way for the authors to actually charge money for the game on an ongoing basis ! $5 will get you $50,000 or something like that.
b. Time ! Have the players drive lower-level cars at "mickey mouse" tracks for training purposes. Either that or training sessions - something that requires the player to spend time at the wheel without other racers on the track. Each hour in training gets $500 credit - including "hot laps".
c. Winning races and Sponsorship - just like the real world, if you win races, you get "approached" by certain online sponsors and their skins are provided on your car - again, you get paid based on your success with these skins. Each car "owned" costs money to "purchase"

2. Race Experience Points and "fame". Every second spent behind the wheel equals 1 point. Each blue flag takes away 100 points. Each black flag (driving the wrong way) and major incident also takes away points. Each victory, depending on "class" and number of drivers on the track adds points. Publish the most famous drivers on lfsworld.net - and publish their "winnings" and "sponsorships"

With both of these in the foundation of the game, you will end up rivalling "true life" racing with a massively multiplayer system.
Quote from altquark :...

No!

The worst bit was penalties for being shown blue flags. Provided you yield, it's not a problem.
Quote from duke_toaster :No!

The worst bit was penalties for being shown blue flags. Provided you yield, it's not a problem.

correct. I meant ignoring blue flags.
Some improvements:

1. Better shadow calculation, make them more detailed, make shadows enabled when using custom exterior view when on vehicle (most noticeable for openwheelers).

2. Ingame option for AA & AF (have to activate and deactivate it through windows).

3. Improvements to the lighting on tracks and cars. Feels kinda dull right now.

4. F1 track, something somewhat wide, with many different turns (slow, fast, open, tight etc.)

5. GUI improvements, add those arrow-thingy-buttons from setup menus so all menus, also if you hold the button it'll continue to change the value (so you don't have to click for each change).
#98 - Sim
Not-so-stupid improvements
- add time-of-day transitions. I mean racing from sunrise to sunset.

- add little arrows to colour bars when painting a car. Dragging a little pixel isn`t comfortable. Allow to enter RGB values for colour.

Quote from DanneDA :(...)GUI improvements, add those arrow-thingy-buttons from setup menus so all menus, also if you hold the button it'll continue to change the value (so you don't have to click for each change).

Well...you can click on arrow using right mouse button.
Quote from Sim :- add time-of-day transitions. I mean racing from sunrise to sunset.

hehe yeah that would be cool, also having the lights beam onto the track when it is night time.

weather effects would add a nice touch too. better Views (like WRC cars in the middle of the car, and the camera pod above the driver's head on the F1 car.
another track?
There is a track downunder called at Bathurst known as Mount Panorama where the annual V8 Supercars race over 1000kms if my memory serves me ...... It's an awesome track with long straight called 'Conrod straight'(for obvious reasons) and a twisty mountain section. Ihave been lucky enough to see this race first hand and one like would be a graet addition to the tracks on LFS at the moment...any views?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG