The online racing simulator
Quote from Hyperactive :Yes. Everythign you say or do not say may or may not be used against you

(I'll update this sometime soon, been lazyassing with this again)

( ),
soz for mucking it up with the bullshit...
When there is a caution...make there be like a light that flashes where the caution is..so we know..that and put flaggers where there is one or close to it..make a yellow light flash on the mini map where it is..
Quote from scoobyrbac :When there is a caution...make there be like a light that flashes where the caution is..so we know..that and put flaggers where there is one or close to it..make a yellow light flash on the mini map where it is..

No flashing lights, flags should be enough

And the minimap...
When we can see this changes ? Before or after S3? (Even if I don't remeber when S3 will come out)....
#205 - Sim
LAN IP address...
Hi. It would be cool to add a full range of LAN IP`s, for example, for playing through Hamachi...

And please give us better, real-life sounds, and for each part of engine separate sound... It would be very cool...
has anybody suggested mirrored tracks yet ?
tonight i built a diy beamer from some tft and an overhead projector with a friend of mine and while watching from the back of our quickly built ghetto screen (a bunch of din a4 pages stickytaped to a 2m*something screen) i noticed how completely different the tracks looked and felt

anyway the point is that this would be a quick way to sort of double the amount of tracks
Just checked the list and noticed a few things I'd suggested some time ago (when the forum was hosted at RSC I think) that aren't there

Physics
+ wheel-to-wheel crash physics. think of geoff crammond's grand prix 2/3. whenever two open wheel cars touch wheels, there should be a strong possibility of one or both of these cars being launched into the air. at the moment, when racing open wheelers, crash physics reflect racing in tin tops. iirc open wheelers are not known for trading paint :P

LFSWorld
... in addition to downloadable driver suits (already in list), people should be able to upload/download gloves and driver faces. the latter option would necessitate transparent helmet visors. i think it would be cool to be able to apply a pic of your own face to your driver
+ should be able to choose whether to automatically download a combination of car skin/helmet/driver suit/gloves/face. a system of tick boxes would work well here

What do you think?
Quote from kspbarebone :Hi!

Why don't you develop a car like this in the next version? I think it gonna
be really fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchPW55k6pk&eurl=

Hi kspbarebone! LFS only has 3 developers, and highest priority in the developement at the moment are gameplay related things, such as even more realistic physics and damage. I believe we are not going to see new tracks or cars for a while.

However, I'm sure we will get plenty of more tracks and cars before S3 (that's years away), and there has been rumours of modding possibilities after it.

I'd suggest you to buy S2, sit back, and enjoy the ride, because you won't regret it!
There's already 3 single seaters you can drive.
Hi!

First of all, congratulations for this great driving simulator! I hope you go on developing it forever!

Excuse me for my poor english, and for any mistake I might make, as I'm new to the whole Live For Speed experience.

Here's some small details I would love to see in a update someday:

GAMEPLAY:

- It would be nice to have bits of the cars spread through the track when an accident occurs. It would also be nice to have oil spilled on the track when blowing an engine.

INPUT:

- (I've read it in other posts) For users with a manual clutch with manual clutch selected in the game configuration, the posibiliti to completely disable the auto mode of the clutch, allowing the car to stall. This obviously would require the addition of a new button in order to be able to re-start the engine.

- For users with a manual clutch, a manual shifter and shifter-paddles (Logitech G25): I think it would be very pleasing to see a checkbox that could give the players the option of switching to auto-clutch in cars that use the shifter paddles instead of the manual shifter. (MRT5, and the FORMULAs)

- For users with adjustable turn angle steering-wheels (Logitech G25): I don't know if it is possible, but it would deffinetly be sweet to see that when you drive different cars, you have different turn angles set (as you can do manually when going to the configuration panel of the G25). Meanning that you would have full range of 900º in your steering wheel when driving every car but the MRT5, and the FORMULAs, which could have 200º for example. May be it could be adjustable, and that would just be perfect!
Quote from jperez2003us :A realistic game only may be played with wheel. Not mouse, not keyboard. You could said dont use mouse, but this doenst help to make the game realistic, not arcade. You dont have ann arcade mode, so why you alowed mouse driving?

To make it more accessible for other people too.

Quote from jperez2003us :A physic detail, when car have more height in front aerodynamic must slow the speed.

Hm, I thought that fixed or improved a while ago, I'm not sure though.

Quote from jperez2003us : And allow the FOX formula in the demo, is better to know the game.

No.

Quote from jperez2003us : Finaly, in Argentina the game cost a little spensive, we arent first world, so put a especial price for 3° world.

The game's cost is the same everywhere. Is a Mercedes cheaper in Argentina so everyone can buy it? And you said people only should play this game with a wheel, so I assume you have one. How did you pay for that then?
The way the speed is showed or calculated. Come on I don't drive 300+km/h when I'm plunged into the wall in 6th gear in the FZR now am I?

I want some real speeds not these rear wheel indicator speeds.
Park your real car into a wall, make your wheels spin untill you get into the sixth gear, and read the speedo. It's more realistic really, and that's what this game is about.
good job
Yeha. many good thinks... but i hope they update lfs possible fast
hi all,

I think it would be great to see the starting grid positions at the end of the race so if you started 20th and finished 1st everybody can see you are the best driver in the world
[edit: never mind, brain fart]
Heres an idea, for the truely hopless sim racer:

Live For Spectating.

The "player" can watch Live For Speed races that normally go on, but are either spectating in the grandstands or the grass. Shift+S will warp you to the bathrooms (the fuel gauge can work also for bladder capcity!), V will give you a view of your pasty self slowing turning red from being too long out in the sun, F9 will show your degree of drunkeness, and of course, you can talk talk talk with all the other spectators and bench race, also.
Hmm, a car suggestion for me. A 2.0litre, four-door saloon. Doesn't matter drivetrain. And of course, the R version would be a SuperTouring-spec car.

Cheers,
Matt.
Suggestion
Hi,

Couple of suggestions.

1. Could you make replays reversable please?

2. In setups, can you give us an advanced level? Where we have access to all the setup possibilities mentioned in the manual, also, have them adjustable for each wheel. Then for those who want to get into that can, those who want the basic setup can just leave it as it is.

3. This is a cool idea for a new LFS or an addition to it. How about adding, or creating a new game for Motorbikes (racing bikes) droooool.

4. Another thing I'd like to see is, to allow the user to define exactly what they want where in their display. For instance, I like virtual tacho, but I prefer it in the centre, but when I have it there, I can't see the tyres info. How about allowing us to switch their position. Tyres are not something u need all the time, whereas the tacho is. Speed info isn't important at all except for setting up your gearbox ratios.

5. On Multiplayer list go servers, some more filter options please. For instance be able to filter for a particular type of game. First page is nearly always drifting (bleh), I'd rather not see it.

Thanks..

Hope you add some of those.

Venus
Quote from Venus :Hi,

Couple of suggestions.

1. Could you make replays reversable please?

It can't be done that easily as it uses the physics engine inputs/packets from players so keyframes would be needed, but it might be done soon.

Quote :2. In setups, can you give us an advanced level? Where we have access to all the setup possibilities mentioned in the manual, also, have them adjustable for each wheel. Then for those who want to get into that can, those who want the basic setup can just leave it as it is.

Err ...

Quote :3. This is a cool idea for a new LFS or an addition to it. How about adding, or creating a new game for Motorbikes (racing bikes) droooool.

That would probably need a whole new physics engine. Just get Tourist Trophy.

Quote :4. Another thing I'd like to see is, to allow the user to define exactly what they want where in their display. For instance, I like virtual tacho, but I prefer it in the centre, but when I have it there, I can't see the tyres info. How about allowing us to switch their position. Tyres are not something u need all the time, whereas the tacho is. Speed info isn't important at all except for setting up your gearbox ratios.

+1 for custom positioning, programmable and skinnable displays (to permit TV style graphics). But it is a repost though.

Quote :5. On Multiplayer list go servers, some more filter options please. For instance be able to filter for a particular type of game. First page is nearly always drifting (bleh), I'd rather not see it.

Repost, but a good idea anyway.

Quote :Hmm, a car suggestion for me. A 2.0litre, four-door saloon. Doesn't matter drivetrain. And of course, the R version would be a SuperTouring-spec car.

I'd love a 4 door saloon, but I hope that there would be a DTM-style race car as well.
funny would be, addin the radical sr3 and/or radical sr8 sportscars

AlexX!!
Improved AI
There are many good ideas for improvements for this great game,and it`S hard to say which one is most needed.But i think that a better AI will make it a better game for alot of people.Most online racing require alot of practice,before you can even dream about competing online.Racing alone sucks! But it`s imposible to setup a race against the AI,and get a race out of it.I want to practice with the AI,and then race online!My AI have done more then 1000 laps on different tracks,and it still drives like a 6 year old rookie .Well i needed to throw in my 10cent and i know this have been said before.
An easy one:

Please, please, please!!!! extend the range of "gearshift debounce".
Currently the maximum is 200ms, which almost solves my doubleshift problems, but i need a bit more to put my ageing DFP back on business here.
I must say it works well with similar settings in the almost unmentionable rFactor (please don't kill me...).
Others may benefit from this i guess!

Thanks!
I got a few random ideas that i'll probably add on too as i remember them (i was conteplating what i would do if i made a racing game before i saw lfs)

Anyways.. here we go

Not So Important:
1. People who spectate can choose to sit in a stand and stay in one position and their driver appears where they are watching or something =/ it be kind of interesting, kind of pointless... but it sounds cool XD

2. Make it so that certain cars can change brake bias on the fly (i dont know if the BF1 has it, i havent checked, and i forgot if i already knew, im very forgetful)

3. I miss bump drafting..... it seems to motorscycle-like when you get hit square in the back =/

4. Make the cars seem more..... heavy i guess... only NASCAR SIM RACING has given me that kind of "IM ACTUALLY IN THE CAR AND ITS HEAVY" feel...... that was the only thing i liked about that game.....(i hate EA, but i liked that the car actually felt like gravity was acting on it) maybe its because i can go 30k/ph on tarmac and still feel like im driving on gravel in lfs.. i dont know =/

5. Adjustable Mirrors (like, side mirrors...)
6. Maybe give the server hosts (and administrators) more powers ? (wouldnt know, maybe make those powers easier to use?)
7. Have everyone join the Chat room at the server choice.... people would get to hear about stuff more often than probably what they would =/
8. Oh, heres a nice one for the Devs... add a news ticker in the multiplayer screen.... sure its a useless feature and can wait till S3.. but still, itd be nice to announce stuff like maintance on the master server and stuff =/
9. Static Pit Stops - I'll explain. You know how some people will pit in a random spot taht they can get too? Make it so that they have to pit (and come out of the garage) in the same spot every time =/ (seems slightly useful but yet it seems useless hmm)
10. Keep up the great work =)

Useful Important Items:
1. Fix the issues that everyone repeats over and over..
(More to come, ran out of ideas)
2. Maybe give out "Full versions" of the tracks, like... SO or FE, so that they can make a whole new track out it instead of... actually, im thinking about how that would confuse the entire wrong way thing and i find that a retarded idea now that i think about it =/

Yea, this is pointless.. i had a whole bunch of great ideas the other night... ill remember them eventually....

sorry i wasted everyones time... and LFS's server space.... but.. im bored.. and im saving a space to type what i was goign to tell eveyrone three days ago...
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :2. Make it so that certain cars can change brake bias on the fly (i dont know if the BF1 has it, i havent checked, and i forgot if i already knew, im very forgetful)

They all do IIRC.

Quote :7. Have everyone join the Chat room at the server choice.... people would get to hear about stuff more often than probably what they would =/

Good idea

Quote :8. Oh, heres a nice one for the Devs... add a news ticker in the multiplayer screen.... sure its a useless feature and can wait till S3.. but still, itd be nice to announce stuff like maintance on the master server and stuff =/

That would work to have a news thing on the multiplayer screen integrated with LFS World, so league news and stuff could be displayed as well as new patch news, new world record news and the like. It would be very useful to keep up to date with World Records and stuff.

Quote :2. Maybe give out "Full versions" of the tracks, like... SO or FE, so that they can make a whole new track out it instead of... actually, im thinking about how that would confuse the entire wrong way thing and i find that a retarded idea now that i think about it =/

If that's what you mean, free roam-style things won't work due to the way the graphics engine works.
How about making brakehelp being scriptable? atm its not!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG