The online racing simulator
I think LFS needs a nice and large navigation map. I know the purpose of the game is not free ride. But most of them play the game freely.
Quote from umut2007 :I think LFS needs a nice and large navigation map. I know the purpose of the game is not free ride. But most of them play the game freely.

Buy the licence and you will be able to drive open configs
my request about improvements seems very simple to set and very usefull for race organizer and drivers :

- INGAME (at menu screen) a way to know the server's setup list :

for example :
Start = fixed
Midrace = no
Canreset = no
Mustpit = no
Showfuel = no

and also a message (in tchat letf corner as [msg])when these settings are change in real time (when prepare the server at day race)by the race director (admins)
actually, there is absolutely no information (except laps) to control if the server setup was correctly changed after typing the commands ..

What do you think about it @Victor or @Scawen ?
Host admins can click "options" in the connection list next to the host connection (from lobby screen or when on track) and there you can see and modify the options.

It would be nice to have a read-only version for regular drivers too.
Attached images
lfs_00000189.jpg
lfs_00000190.jpg
Yes! it works when i launch a server from my local, but "options" button does not appear on our servers hosted ...
(see my picture)
so admins cannot reach the screen you shown in your message
and at day race, before the start, admins launch command in blind conditions .. without any way to control if settings are correct

what is wrong we done ? Confused
Attached images
lfs_00000227.jpg
Quote from Tomfuel :Yes! it works when i launch a server from my local, but "options" button does not appear on our servers hosted ...

Hmm that sounds like you are talking about 0.6V, that button was added only recently in the 0.6W test patch.
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Hmm that sounds like you are talking about 0.6V, that button was added only recently in the 0.6W test patch.

Good point. Sorry, I wasn't aware that this is the general suggested imprevements log thread. Shy
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Hmm that sounds like you are talking about 0.6V, that button was added only recently in the 0.6W test patch.

No ! i have the "options" button when launch a local server with 0.6V version !

but the button doesn't appear on our hosted Servers also in 0.6V

Do you prefer i open a new topic ?
Oh ok, I didn't know the button existed in LAN mode, why wasn't this also enabled for online hosts I have no idea but that still doesn't change the fact that what you are suggesting was added in 0.6W.
ok thanks ! Thumbs up our future will be more comfortable for admins so ! ;-)
По моему пора чуть поменять демо карту хотябысь добавить зиму или дождь естественно со свог физикой
-
(Snoop.DriftEra) DELETED by Snoop.DriftEra : maybe i was wrong
Physics:

Damage and malfunction:
+ Wheel-to-wheel crash physics (open-wheelers)
+ Engines can stall
+ Parts that fall off when crashing
+ Tire damage from debris
+ Oil spills
+ Engine heat and damage:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2163
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1886
+ Perforation of fuel tanks during crashes
+ Tyres blow during crashes
+ Simulate undertray / diffuser damage
+ Broken mirrors: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=19992
+ Clutch overheating
... Brake overheating
... Brake temperature and wear

if you add some of this the game will be more inmersive and realistic.
Quote from Average Drifter 69 :+ Engines can stall

They can,you just need to use manual clutch - auto clutch saves from stalling in majority of cases (still happens occasionally).

Quote from Average Drifter 69 :+ Engine heat and damage

Heat not simulated [yet],but you can damage engine by overreving during downshift - results from reduced power to totalled.

Quote from Average Drifter 69 :+ Perforation of fuel tanks during crashes

Close to impossible with racecars in modern times - fuel cells are made of composite materials,preventing puncturing practically in all cases. Road legal cars are not so much protected though,but don't expect Hollywood movie explosions. Tongue

Quote from Average Drifter 69 :+ Clutch overheating

Already simulated.
- An ability to right click a slider and enter a value in the colours tab would be appreciated.

- Being able to mirror asymmetric tyre setup would be cool too, not super important though.

edit: when sorting the server list, an ability to sort also from Z-A, 0-infinity etc. currently this works only in 1 direction
Suspension roll centre heights indication in mm above/below ground for LFS Editor's shift+L mode, if that is possible
Sorry if this has already been suggested or already exists. I looked but I did not find (and I do not have time to detail 34 pages in a language which is not mine Frown).

I just learned that it was (perhaps) possible to force the use of a fixed configuration for all drivers. But this possibility is not notified in the legend of the rules of the servers.

I think it would be nice and friendly to have events with cars with the default setup or another fixed setup for everyone (or new modded cars with a fixed setup).

I know configuration is important. It's not about questioning it. With a little practice, anyone can hold a steering wheel. But not all of us have the time or the skills to do a good setup. This might entice new players to log in hoping to be less ridiculous.

If this is already possible, it would be good to communicate on it and to be able to identify events of this type at first glance.

Another thing I would like would be a menu to configure the AI. Like the menu to configure the sound (shift+a).

Many people find the AI bad in LFS and the AI is not the priority of an online game. I think (I practice it a lot) that the AI is already correct (it's AI, not real pilots...). The AI is just too slow, dull and blind. Manually adjusting some parameters such as speed, aggressiveness or collision detection would be good (this without major development work, depending on the possibilities of the current code).
#842 - Avc
Weird Idea :3
Hello boss,

I was thinking something random right LOL. So hear me out. Let's say we could possibly have a simple character movement / physics / ragdol or some sort of system in LFS for characters. Drivers could get out of their cars and walk / run around. They would be able to look at their cars, meet with players, maybe seat as a passenger even in another player's car. And maybe when there is a race, players can watch races by seating on those watch stands, who knows. Now I know this sounds a lot like GTA xD but that is not what I am asking. It can be something real simple.

I just thought it would be a cool possibility. All in all, LFS is a great simulator which I love dearly :3. Oh and one more thing: Maybe make a way to use downloaded mods offline, this way practicing with modded vehicles can be made without internet connection.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion, have a good day!
New features that keyboard players can control the throttle opening
percentage
#844 - Avc
I see there are now bus mods and that is incredible. It would be realy cool if you could use dual tires for trucks so that would be 4 tires in the back inlined with one another and 2 infront for steering. Maybe the modder will be able to add up to 10 wheels for big trucks.

Also, something that I think would make LFS even crazier is the ability to have some sort of pivot / trailer system. With this ability trucks can now pull trailers, heck even slap a caravan behind your truck and maybe extend this system to pull other players?

One last thing or two in this case, I would like to request a built-in flasher / indicator lights sound and a custom horn sound menu for each car. Public service vehicles can have sirens and other horns options etc.

All in all that would be some great features to integrate into LFS.

Thanks!
Quote from r3zp3k7 :In these days, nobody uses .OGG.
Obviously adding .MP3, .PLS, .WAV and many more will make it a lot easier for us.
I did this post, especially for the .PLS file format.
Today's radio channels use that file format and it will be nice listening to them while driving. Maybe it will stimulate me to drive a bit more.
I'm really tired of converting audio files and a bit lazy probably from the holidays which are coming really soon.

I UP my suggestion because nobody took me seriously and I can't seem to find my suggestion in the 1st-page list. It's been 13 years since then and I still play with music most of the time and I would enjoy adding a streaming radio file to LFS, like .M3U files or .PLS files. OGG is too old school and makes us convert files unnecessarily. In my opinion, nobody is using that feature or file format.
Minor QoL suggestion:

Since tyre brand is purely cosmetic, it would make sense to move it into the 'colours' tab and have it tied to the custom colours rather than setup.

Sometimes you forget to change it and it looks dumb driving on Avons while your car is plastered with Bridgestone logos.
Bigger QoL suggestion:

changing the font to clearly differentiate between O and 0, a simple slash through the middle of the zero would do.
This post is part of one list from my notepad splitted into three separate topics:
LFS Suggestions
LFS Modeller Suggestions
LFS Editor Suggestions

LFS:
1. Fix: Green dust at grass. C'mon. It's over 15 years of green dust. We got used to it, but can it be beige finally? Smile some say it fixed in test patch. Wink
2. Name list [T] function. Exchange cars when both users are in cars. Take over when one user is spectating.
3. Add: Remap buttons e.g headlights/indicators.
4. Add: "Hold" options for some functions. Would be useful for e-brake/indicators/emergency lights when using car parts at the rig (Function is ON as long as contact is CLOSED).
5. a) Fix: Replay timeline screws up when switch time/camera, also interacts with F9-F12 menus. Each time your cursor hovers over different replay time because of it. Annoying.
b) Fix: Replay timeline dedicated shift+F is annoying. Why not just move timeline under HUD and F9-F12 menus and leave as a part of the whole HUD with common shift+F?
6. Fix: Replay camera skips when change replay time at timeline. Annoying.
7. Fix: Left view instead of [Shift]+[L] (suspension), and front view instead of [F] (forces) are the least options I quickly need while setting my car in garage. Annoying. (BTW Thanx for free rotate option, really needed it for years. Still lack of it in lobby).
8. Fix: Colors mismatch 0.6 vs 0.7. (See screenshot below).
9. Add: You were kicked/were banned/lost connection as a different states instead of just lost connection.
10. Add: Save kick/ban/vote chat messages to MPRs. Some troll/crasher gangs abuse votes, and vote log neeeded for proof.
11. a)Add: Start replay button.
b) Replay lost when race restarts while you trying to find correct/unused name to save previous replay and you end up saving a short bit of new race. Any way to solve it?
12. a) Add: Flags/Names/Chat text transparency option. Chat spam blocks rearview mirror. Flags are important, but disturbing.
b) Add: Option to disable any INSIM text. Insim spam is irritating during race on some servers ran by 12 y.o. kids (AiAttack for example).
13. Save car/mod+skin/set choice for each user (driver) name.
14. Add: Shift+J from garage.
15. Fix: "Can't reset - could hit another car" is annoying and useless since it resets car at same place. What's the point if it not returns car back to track as it was in old versions?
16. FIX: Shift+U View is now limited by screen boundaries. Hard to turn camera 360+ degrees when cursor is off. In older versions there was an ability to look around unlimited.
17. Camera:
a) Add: Save custom cameras and choose amount and types of them in cameras set that you use.
b) Custom "View locks" for different view types. (e.g. 1st person "head" view and custom "locked action camera" view).
c) Custom rear views
d) Custom FOVS for different view types.
18. Fix - 3rd person view car Mirrors turns into dark chrome or shiny black instead of just black when inactive.
19. Add: F11 Car/Mod Name, Power, Torque, Mass, Weight distr. or Layout (FR/MR/RR/FF), Tyre size (F,R)
20. RMB digital values for colours.
21. Ctrl+RMB - Copy, Shift+RMB - Paste for whole set blocks as [Suspension], [Transmission] etc. So you can swap whole tranny from one set to another in couple clicks.
22. Fix: Any material properties other than 'constant shine' in helmet.sre leads to skip that part to HEL_DEFAULT. Can't use matt part of a new helmet.
XX. IMHO: Shift+U camera control felt much more convenient in some older version of LFS.
XX. IMHO: [space] play/pause logic in replays is dfferent in cinematic mode and shift+F mode. Confusing to have [space] work as a shift+F in shift+U mode. Space=Play/Pause at any modes is way better.

Server/event options:
23. Only steering wheel users allowed.
24. Only H-shifter users allowed.
(as I'd like to compete in equal circumstances in production class)

Note: I understand it can't be made by the finger click. I just shared some enhancements I would do if I could.
Attached images
DDS_Color_Difference_06U_vs_07A_03.png
DDS_Color_Difference_06U_vs_07A_01.png
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :My notepad collected these ideas for too much time.
Not sure if they were suggested before, but I left important ones.

LFS:
1. Fix: Green dust at grass. C'mon. It's over 15 years of green dust. We got used to it, but can it be beige finally? Smile

This is fixed in test patch D9.
Quote :12 b) Add: Option to disable any INSIM text. Insim spam is irritating during race on some servers ran by 12 y.o. kids (AiAttack for example)

you can disable a lot of them from within airio. not sure what AirAttack did to you.

Quote :19. Add: F11 Car/Mod Name, Power, Torque, Mass, Weight distr. or Layout (FR/MR/RR/FF), Tyre size (F,R)

too much visual clutter imo and tbh i don't really see the need to see that stuff while on track?
car name is already shown.

Quote :20. RMB values for colours.

yes please

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG