The online racing simulator
I dont know, its not so much at all. With great driving and using of the H shifter you can beat any of the sequential players
Quote from weatherlight :
Quote from Flame CZE :I think that it's not possible to use an H-shifter with sequential-gearbox car.

Well some people use their manual h shifters in cars that have h box shifters. These people are at a disadvantage over the average user (sequential) that upshifts in like 50-100ms where the manual shift takes place in 400-500ms. A min set amount of compensation time can be implemented for sequantial shift mode for cars that have manual transmissions.

what he is saying is people using there paddles in a car that is a stick shift and not a paddle shift like a rb4 but instead of using a h shifter they are using paddles so they can shift and never miss a shift.

there are scrips to set up a g25 shifter to use the right shift modes for each car that should be put hard coded in to the game so it is always like that. would make races more even.
Quote from gotspeed :what he is saying is people using there paddles in a car that is a stick shift and not a paddle shift like a rb4 but instead of using a h shifter they are using paddles so they can shift and never miss a shift.

there are scrips to set up a g25 shifter to use the right shift modes for each car that should be put hard coded in to the game so it is always like that. would make races more even.

You cant use H shifter in an Open wheeler...
Quote from Kristi :You cant use H shifter in an Open wheeler...

and the g25 scrip uses the paddles in bf1 not sure about the other 3 open wheels or if there sequential on the stick.

so its like xrt xrg and the other "road" cars use the shifter in H mode.
xfr fxr mrt use the shifter in sequential mode.
bf1 uses the paddles in sequential mode.

bottom of the page http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide
May I suggest a system to automatically ban noobophobia, homophobia, demophobia, and all kind of insults and disrespect even if it is one of the most popular feature in the game.

The thing that surprised me the most on LFS was the sectarism and disrespect showed at every corner, every race, every server.
I thought it would be better on S2, but the fact is it is worse.

This has to be cleared off servers, or it is no game anymore.
(and off forums would be cool too, some true moderation)
Quote from fat-oil :May I suggest a system to automatically ban noobophobia, homophobia, demophobia, and all kind of insults and disrespect even if it is one of the most popular feature in the game.

The thing that surprised me the most on LFS was the sectarism and disrespect showed at every corner, every race, every server.

Sounds to me like you're driving on the wrong servers
Before the race,a warm up lap like most real races, perhaps if this is implemented there would be less crashes at start of a race, as the tires would be warm.!
Quote from jjones :Before the race,a warm up lap like most real races, perhaps if this is implemented there would be less crashes at start of a race, as the tires would be warm.!

even easer would be simi warm tires at the start of a race.
Have you ever think about cars getting dirty? I was showing the pictures of the new version of the game for my friends and I was asking them witch pictures were real and witch were from the game... Then I was about to show the picture of the scirroco making a turn and I saw: of course this is from the game.. the paint is like just leave the store... Maybe would be nice makeing the car getting dirty or less shiny as the time/distance/speed go...

cheers.
hmm one thats not in your table probly i cant see...

I use in-car alot, and have ajusted it so i am just above gearstick ish. well the real mirror for the cars you can only move from side to side, up and down? is there anyway you guys could just put an option to remove it like the virtual mirror... its just in the way of view and its anoying.

Many thanks if you can sort this out, cheers
Adding controler axis sensitivity sliders?
Tire fender rub (yes I searched the ton of posts)
Would rather send this out as a message to the workers, but could not find a send message buton.

Improvment: Tire Fender rub

Suggestion: Intitial rub smoke on braking or weight distribution ending with blown tire after a few laps.

Ok... Now open fire on me .... LOL
Quote from TerryGringo :Would rather send this out as a message to the workers, but could not find a send message buton.

Suggestion: Intitial rub smoke on braking or weight distribution ending with blown tire after a few laps.

or limited turning if a fender is bad enough
Quote from TerryGringo :Would rather send this out as a message to the workers, but could not find a send message buton.

i think that is a good idea.. I.E a car with R/N/S suspention broken, when you corner right, scrubbing hard on arch causing smoke
How about yellow flags displayed in the sectors on the track map as per F1. That way you could tell on the map which corner is under a yellow flag.
Quote from Major Del :How about yellow flags displayed in the sectors on the track map as per F1. That way you could tell on the map which corner is under a yellow flag.

How about actual flags, that are clearly visible, on the side of the track, in specific sectors. That way people who drive in shift+F mode can see if there is a caution on the track before they crash into them.
Quote from legoflamb : That way people who drive in shift+F mode can see if there is a caution on the track before they crash into them.

You can turn flag display in shift+F mode on in Options > misc.
Yeah but that is lame. The point of shift+f mode is to get all of the interface off the screen while driving. Displaying flags defeats the purpose of shift+f mode.
Some (not all) servers have scripts in place that ban people if they swear too much. Swearing does suck but in the heat of the moment in certain situations people do swear.

Some people are just morons though. But then again, having said moron I potentially offended some people.

Quote from fat-oil :May I suggest a system to automatically ban noobophobia, homophobia, demophobia, and all kind of insults and disrespect even if it is one of the most popular feature in the game.

And having not read this improovement suggestions list before I find it a really good list, but there is potentially so much that needs to be done, the mid boggles at where a developer would try to start from as no one would be happy with the first thing that got completed. I guess in reality lfs will develop in its own time and at the devs own pace whether we scream and moan or not. After all, we are just the players of their creation and they will ultimatley guide the progress to their liking and eventual plan...

Wait... why would you need to drive in shift F mode if you drive in first person mode? as you can block text to ignore the chat, turn off the map, pedals, steering indicator and virtual guages. You can pretty much turn off all the interface.
mirrors
I will not be long just one thing... dead angle on the mirrors... that's great idea I think

ps.
I tried to find this tread in past and I couldn't find it so sry if this is 2nd time for this suggestion.
I would like to suggest Real private messages. I have many experience with that if i want to speak to someone in my language others dont like it and many times i can be banned for this. Also if im racing and someone is talking to someone it is annoying and i think lfs should have some real private messages what would be seen just by a user you want. There are really alot of situtations where it could help.
I like this idea
Position numbers in Race position list
I think it would be nice to have position numbers used in the race position list. Now, it is not very easy to see at what position every driver is.
Maybe with new physic it would be nice to switch physic to 120HZ for better lcd compatibility...
Fuel so far is just a mass, in fact it is liquid and physic is more complex (try to turn a hard egg and a crude one).
Maybe separate ai gfx and physic on different cores...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG