The online racing simulator
Quote from loopingz :Maybe with new physic it would be nice to switch physic to 120HZ for better lcd compatibility...
Fuel so far is just a mass, in fact it is liquid and physic is more complex (try to turn a hard egg and a crude one).
Maybe separate ai gfx and physic on different cores...

for some of us with i7's can we have ai on a few cores, physics on another, rendering handled by another core, and then maybe like the rain or light effects on other core.

i like the idea
Put track indexes after track names
I didnt see this suggestion,maybe i just missed it and didnt wanna make new thread so i put it here. I would like to have the track indexes put after the tracknames,you know like aston cadet (as1) etc.. in game. it would be so much easy-er to find the right sets on servers for example where track changes. there is so many track who remembers which one is which ...

So what you guys think?
I think this would be also nice. When i started i needed to ask more experienced guys. Maybe this isnt much to improvement suggestion but i had some problem with physics when i run 3 games. LFS graphics were good but wheel was stucking gearing also...
Quote :+ Working lights (night racing for example)

Isn't this already done? (Z22 onwards)
No, working lights means that they project light on the road, making posible to race in night condition
First off, excuse me if this has been discussed and I didn't see it.

My question is would it be possible to re-enable the ability for drivers who are using auto-shift to be able to build the revs before the start of a race? As it is now (since Patch U) I have to put it in 1st gear, then sit there with engine idling waiting for the green light instead of being able to build the revs (like everyone around me does) before the start. It is a big disadvantage, especially when driving the less powerful cars or the cars with turbos...it takes them forever to get off the line.

Please just consider putting it back into LFS.

Thank you.
Just map the clutch to a button on your controller.
Quote from legoflamb :Just map the clutch to a button on your controller.

I would if I could.

I guess I should have included that I am physically unable to use the buttons on my controller. I use the keyboard to put the car in 1st gear, then I only use the controller for gas/brake (push forward or pull back) and steering.
Barriers
They should make it so you dont go flying when you hit one of them red and white barriers as that spoils citydriving.
Quote from trousers999 :They should make it so you dont go flying when you hit one of them red and white barriers as that spoils citydriving.

It is already in the list.
I would like to suggest something to change linearity or path of the clutch pedal. Because now there is almost impossible to make a regular acceleration because clutch is just so sensitive in comparision to similiar road cars like xrg/xfg... Also it would be good to separate it brake/throttle/clutch now is option to change only throttle with brake.
Quote from L@gger :Also it would be good to separate it brake/throttle/clutch now is option to change only throttle with brake.

I don't see a problem here. Via LFS you can assign any analog function to any available axis.
U didnt understood... Separate options for any pedal. Now i can change only brake and throttle linearity and no clutch.
Quote from L@gger :U didnt understood... Separate options for any pedal. Now i can change only brake and throttle linearity and no clutch.

Ah, OK. Never wanted to change these settings and I didn't even know it was possible.
But for some groups of ppl it is important. Because my clutch is little bit more sensitive than I think it should be also if my g25 pedals are set to 0% sensitivity.
For better graphics more shadows would help. Like shadows of layouts...
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva : Wrong from me
With the new tire physics I just wanna sea the night ! That's all
Even rain ... But night would be awesome for long races

I desagree with changing tire and refuel at the same time because in endurance races the first is refuel (not at the end like in LFS) and then the tires !
Or else possiblity to configure it on the server (fuel & tires at the same time or not)

That's my opinion
Yea some ingame time should be fine. In 24 hours endurance you will have changes of weather + night like in real. It would be fine

EDIT: In this time there are mostly cars with 3 brake lights. One is on the top of the doors of trunk. I would like to suggest to add that light to LFS. Sometimes I have big problems to find out if car in front of me is braking if im not fully concentraced. This light would say me 100% that the guy in front is really braking.
Don't know if the devs add it to the existant cars but the Sciroco would have it for sure !
Now all driver put on head lights (3) and at the begining it was hard to know if the breaking or not
But now it is ok for me, It was enough to take the usual
warm-up tyres slowly
the idea is that you can´t do a drag start to set tyre temperatures high at the first lap. if you do that at real you crystallize your tyres. So burning cold tyres more wear for the tyre.

like in game the G-forces suported by tyres are not the same at different temperatures, it isn´t the same a tyre in blue that in green or red
A klaxon or siren to warn of the start would be very useful in public servers. It would be nice if it was available to insim too.
You last visited: 14th May 2008 at 13:23, its been that long since i last onto forums :-/ all i ever see is reposts of things posted 2-3 years ago, lfs hasnt changed.
Quote from ReVVeD :You last visited: 14th May 2008 at 13:23, its been that long since i last onto forums :-/ all i ever see is reposts of things posted 2-3 years ago, lfs hasnt changed.

There isn't much new stuff since then... We're still waiting for the damn VWS and physics (spelling?) update...
+ More than 8 shadows at a time
+ Rotating brake discs

These two are already done, so you can mark them grey
Quote from Kiyoshi :A klaxon or siren to warn of the start would be very useful in public servers. It would be nice if it was available to insim too.

I was actually coming here to suggest this, though I'm sure it's been suggested before us too. I usually go to the pits to modify my setups before the next race starts and this would help a lot because you wouldn't have to go back and forth to see if the race has started.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG