The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :+ More than 8 shadows at a time
+ Rotating brake discs

These two are already done, so you can mark them grey

Yeah, and replace the first one with:

+ More than 16 shadows at a time

Ai
+ Better AI Ai improved in Y patch

Well it still needs improvment in can be blackened!
It's probably goingo to improve in the next few patches.
But LFS is concentrated on online racing. Racing with Als isnt important.
You can say that but Scawen will still do mainly what he wants.
Well as LFS is a simulator I would like to suggest a few things (which i searched for and didnt find suggested before).
  • Automatic Indicator Turnoff. What i mean with this is that when u turn on the indicators, make a (for example) left turn, and then straighten the car up i would like the indicator to turn off, like irl.
  • Seperate Ignition Key and Starter Key. So that you can push one key for the ignition (interior lights *hah*, radio *lol* and the low beam). And another key for the starter.
  • Engine Starter Delay. Just as IRL, so that u need to hold the button for a few seconds untill the engine starts.
  • Changable Clutch Sens. I really HATE that the clutch is (almost) on or off eventho its mapped to an analog axis.
All for now i guess :P Great list btw! =)

EDIT: Also for the Seperate Ignition Key and Starter Key i would like to add: When Ignition ON (not engine) the rear light + front should light up. so that "3" only turns on the highbeam as the dashboard indication is a picture of the highbeam anyway.
so you mean ignition switch as irl
Quote from e2mustang :so you mean ignition switch as irl

exactly.. as it is a simulator, this should be in it :P
I couldnt find this but also im not sure if it was already suggested. It would be nice (not so hard to do i think) to have scraping sound in lfs if you are trying to pull gear without clutch or not enough pushed clutch. Now if i fail i dont hear nothing and i get that i pushed gear wrongly just from RPMs going rapidly high. Maybe some gear box deformation could be also included. Also some improvement of changing gear without clutch and engine turned off because now its little buging.
#610 - e.M
though majority uses auto clutch, why not
There should be an option to choose which specific tyres you want changed in a pitstop.
tbh, guessing the percentage of wear would make you lose heaps of time if you get it wrong...
Quote from hansonator69 :There should be an option to choose which specific tyres you want changed in a pitstop.

You can set which tyres you want in the F12 menu, if you meant that.
I think he means "right front tyre" and "right rear tyre" ONLY, for example
Quote from Whiskey :I think he means "right front tyre" and "right front rear" ONLY, for example

Personally I am a cruiser, and also a racer. One idea I had would benefit the whole of the LFS community, though it may not be seen as a benefit. This is that on the side of the number plate's, we have the country that the user is from (like a country code), shown as a sticker of the country's flag, which they select in-game when they first join LFS.

Not sure if it has been previously mentioned, if it has, sorry
My bro thought of something cool, thought id post it up. With the in-game music having the choice of having ya own music is cool, but when ya drive past or close to someone "THEIR" musics begins to fade in, like real life. Also this prob has been mentioned, when you shift up and down the driver should make the action, the paddles , sequential shifter, h pattern, all should make the action as the person driving is
Quote from SEV7N :My bro thought of something cool, thought id post it up. With the in-game music having the choice of having ya own music is cool, but when ya drive past or close to someone "THEIR" musics begins to fade in, like real life. Also this prob has been mentioned, when you shift up and down the driver should make the action, the paddles , sequential shifter, h pattern, all should make the action as the person driving is

I read up a little, also the actions for turning blinkers on, starting the car,feet movement
Quote from SEV7N :I read up a little, also the actions for turning blinkers on, starting the car,feet movement

It has been discussed many times and if you "read up a little" on these forums you would have found out. The problem is the game has no way to know where your hand is. The arm/hand could start to move only when you already shifted on your wheel, mouse or what ever and then it would take the animated driver some time until he has moved his hand to the gear lever to actually change the gear in the car. The time delay caused would not be appropriate for a simulation. The same goes for the pedals. The computer does not know where your right foot is if you neither apply throttle nor brake pressure.
Quote from 5tag :It has been discussed many times and if you "read up a little" on these forums you would have found out. The problem is the game has no way to know where your hand is. The arm/hand could start to move only when you already shifted on your wheel, mouse or what ever and then it would take the animated driver some time until he has moved his hand to the gear lever to actually change the gear in the car. The time delay caused would not be appropriate for a simulation. The same goes for the pedals. The computer does not know where your right foot is if you neither apply throttle nor brake pressure.

Then we need some sort of "FootIR" so that the game knows where our feet are
Quote from 5tag :It has been discussed many times and if you "read up a little" on these forums you would have found out. The problem is the game has no way to know where your hand is. The arm/hand could start to move only when you already shifted on your wheel, mouse or what ever and then it would take the animated driver some time until he has moved his hand to the gear lever to actually change the gear in the car. The time delay caused would not be appropriate for a simulation. The same goes for the pedals. The computer does not know where your right foot is if you neither apply throttle nor brake pressure.

now i think of it, was a dumb idea
My idea is if u turn on hands on cockpit u could see how driver changes gears turn on lights vipers. Of course i would like so see some rain and working vipers it would be more realistic Of course ECU GPS would be great
  • Better multithread engine with dx9 support
  • Smoother online gameplay (less lags)
  • smoke from exhaust
  • all keys customizable (like F9-F12)
  • can enter garage by driving in it
  • animated gear lever
  • better collision detection
  • Built-in VOIP
  • The ability to add custom objects in map modeler.
  • Custom Wheel turn limiter. (The ability to limit/increase the rotation of the the on-screen steering wheel.)
  • In-game Admin menu for multiplayer hosts.
Quote from Hank90 :
  • option for music in replays

If I understood your right, music in replays is already enabled.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG