The online racing simulator
It would have been easier for you to check the Unofficial Addons section . There is a ghost car mod for LFS made by Kegetys. I haven't yet tested it myself. If it works properly we maybe don't need any ghost car coded inside LFS.

There are also those magnificent replay analysers which may interest you. Not hard to use

Ghost car has been suggested many times but there is very little info (generally about anything) what the devs are going to add or enhance next. And I guess the ghost car isn't really that important after all

PS. The oldest fart in LFS is over 60 so be warned that you may be called a youngster too Check
Simulation of structural stiffness in a car (particuarly UF1) needs to be added to the physics list.

Also the FWD diffs should be moved to the Physics section seeing as they are already (very badly) simulated and are not a suggestion for things to be added to LFS.
Quote from ajp71 :Simulation of structural stiffness in a car (particuarly UF1) needs to be added to the physics list.

Also the FWD diffs should be moved to the Physics section seeing as they are already (very badly) simulated and are not a suggestion for things to be added to LFS.

How could I forget the structural stiffness :doh: Changed that FWD diff thing too.

Is the list easy to browse, I mean is it in good order or are some things in wrong places?
I would say the rally stages are a "+" item, not "-". Although I suppose there's nothing official information yet, hasn't one of the devs mentioned plans about making a rally pack after S2 is finished?
Quote from (HUN)ultiMate :Perhaps this idea http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1872 worth adding. It's about logging the hotlap world records.

Maybe I'll add LFSW section to this, but first I need some sleep, I'll put it there tomorrow

Quote from Batterypark :I would say the rally stages are a "+" item, not "-". Although I suppose there's nothing official information yet, hasn't one of the devs mentioned plans about making a rally pack after S2 is finished?

Hmm. That's a tough one. If I remember it right the rallystages have been mentioned only in one thread. I think the rallycross tracks with no tarmac parts is more probable assumption. (the problem with rally stages is that they are from point a to point b tracks, so one can drive only "one lap" at a time. This would mean that the stage had to be around 20km long at least to make it usable online imho. Rallycross tracks are generally wanted so I would expect more of 'em sometime soon...) And if I recall it right it was a rallycross pack that may be coming at some point... But what if I give it a ... = Hard to tell...

EDIT: I...need...no...sleep. ...LFSW section added (with only 3 things atm, they come...some day)
Quote from Hyperactive :
EDIT: I...need...no...sleep. ...LFSW section added (with only 3 things atm, they come...some day)

Thanks! '+'

Omg look at that time
Need to add the ball to the suggestions in misc category.
Quote from Nick_ll :Need to add the ball to the suggestions in misc category.

I'll just watch the conversation to go on for little while. Atm it seems that they aren't too serious about it
I think the game would benefit having wheel blur. You know, the faster your wheels spin the more the spokes/rim gets blurred. I really like the way they did it in Gran Turismo 3, the wheels actually really looked like 3d but they were just several 2d layers that got blurry as they spun faster. Looked photo-realistic.

Maybe this will be in S3 (shaders..?)
Can the "shaders" (I don't really know about this...) do more than just make the rims blurred? I mean, having them just for the rims isn't...right(?)

(And I guess we will see more graphical updates in S3)

And 400th post!
I'm pretty sure you can do much more than just get the wheels blurry. Motion blur/field of view blur etc. I think it would be pretty cool to have FOV blur in the track cameras, you know the camera is static at first, then it catches in to car, first the track is blurry where the car is and then the camera focuses in to the car and the track closer to the camera gets blurred. But I guess this is all S3 dreaming
#38 - abz1
suggestion
when updating your main thread, can you indicate which things you have added/changed, maybe make it bold or add a date. cheers
Quote from abz1 :when updating your main thread, can you indicate which things you have added/changed, maybe make it bold or add a date. cheers

There is a date at the bottom and at the begining I had that "what's added log" down there, but it gets quite long. Maybe I'll color code the new things... But no promises (and the dates aren't really that important, imho)
Could you add THIS suggestion please. Pretty big exploit and no reason why a fix can't be implimented with no pain. I just came to moan about that before i saw someone else mentioned it.
Quote from darthweasel :Could you add THIS suggestion please. Pretty big exploit and no reason why a fix can't be implimented with no pain. I just came to moan about that before i saw someone else mentioned it.

Sure, maybe I'll look some other topics too

EDIT: ...and found none...need to reread the forums tomorrow
small suggestion which i dont think is worth opening a new thread for

after you change the track the starting grid defaults back to no drivers selected ... would be much less annoying if it just kept the grid you had before changing the track
CryeR/Punisher: Some what Id like to see on next LFS...
HI..

If u can do that kind of MODE or something in the game so everyone whose are playing could see theys skins (I did think is it possible to do some downloading system in LFS so before u JOIN the server u donwload those skins what peoples have right that moment and when u are in the server when somebody new player joins in the server and he/she have some skin what u dont have it if that thing donwloads it(skin)....is it possible do or Impossible?

There is some CHALLENGE for u...
CryeR/Punisher Little more..
..and if somebody change hes skin in PIT then u download it too!....?

I'm missing one I suggested a while ago:

Show the how many laps in front or behind someone is and the amount of pitstops someone's made next to the positions list.

This would make on-the-fly tactical decisions during endurance races way easier.
Quote from CryeR :HI..

If u can do that kind of MODE or something in the game so everyone whose are playing could see theys skins (I did think is it possible to do some downloading system in LFS so before u JOIN the server u donwload those skins what peoples have right that moment and when u are in the server when somebody new player joins in the server and he/she have some skin what u dont have it if that thing donwloads it(skin)....is it possible do or Impossible?

There is some CHALLENGE for u...

LFS already downloads skins, but you have to pay for that feature as it's S2 only.
Yea I did hear about that today SRY!!!!!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :LFS already downloads skins, but you have to pay for that feature as it's S2 only.

I di hear about it today!
Quote from bobvanvliet :I'm missing one I suggested a while ago:

Show the how many laps in front or behind someone is and the amount of pitstops someone's made next to the positions list.

This would make on-the-fly tactical decisions during endurance races way easier.

Added. Though I couldn't find a link to it... And it was damn hard to come up with good short sentence to describe it And I guess the positions list would need some "enhancing" to allow this. (currently it show only info about the last sector, so few people usually are on that list...)
Quote from macky29 :Since LFS is already CPU-intensive, and much moreso in the upcoming S3 version (wherein more physics are to be included), maybe it would be nice to have SSE optimisations in the game code (they would most likely get help from outside sources).

I guess there are lot of that kind of stuff, like the earlier mentioned shaders plus other things. Some are just effects other give "little" boost in performance. But when S3 is released the computers will likely have more powah by then and adding those optimizations is still lot of work I guess.

I'll maybe add it later, I'm busy or something now
I am pretty sure this has been suggested before, but couldnt find it in the suggestion log. With the connections we have today, Im sure LFS could handle bigger fields, of say at least 30 cars.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG