The online racing simulator
Is "Do not post your new improvement suggestions here! This also isn't a discussion thread about the suggestions! Comment the suggestions in their own threads, thank you." invalid since a week? ^^
Well, you get people not playing LFS because they aren't in a good populated ranking system and so, new players are just [place 'other' words here]full with bad luck[/place 'other' words here]
Quote from GeForz :Is "Do not post your new improvement suggestions here! This also isn't a discussion thread about the suggestions! Comment the suggestions in their own threads, thank you." invalid since a week? ^^

I can't help it . Basically I'd like people to post their new suggestions as new threads (after they have checked this list) because people may want to comment on them.

Quote from BlakjeKaas :Well, you get people not playing LFS because they aren't in a good populated ranking system and so, new players are just [place 'other' words here]full with bad luck[/place 'other' words here]

What? People are not playing LFS because there isn't some sort of ladder feature in LFS or in LFSworld? There are leagues and hotlapping for this.
Car damage in one of the key things that LFS lacks... i recognize the complexity of the damage system already working in LFS, but it doesn't do the job right. i personaly get very angry when someone hits me from behind accidentaly with the FOX, and i enter a spin, losing time and risking the race, losing positions, while the offender just gets a visual deformed front wing. i mean, guys, we've all seen what happens when an F1 rubs another car's wheel, i'm not saying that the fox should be made of carbon fiber and that when they crash thousands of particles should scatter around the track (that would be nice too), but at least the front blade should be either destroyed (losing all front grip due to aero) or disadvantageously deformed (rubbing the floor causing severe turning dificulties and stuff...)

i think you all guys know what i mean.

night races are indeed wanted... real time clock also for my le mans style races
Quote from CSU1 :Well, that post just doesn't make any sense Duke!
Do you mean it was posted in the wrong thread?
@ blackass Because it would be more like real life; advancing your way yp through the ranks, and a system like this could be so easily implimented into LFS!!!

well then how would you go about getting into a league, not everyone would be able to join, it wuld be pretty bad, but good idea though but it wuldn't work out
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :I dont know if this has been mentioend but im sure you've seen the lights in LFS, they dont really do anything, but what if they where the Uber high beam ones? so like in real races, we can try and psyce out our opponent, with a big glaring light blaring down on them just my suggestion though proberly already mentioned

umm no.
In what kind of races do they use their lights just to blind their opponents illepall
The only times when I see race cars with their lights on, during daytime, is when it's raining, fog, chance for those and when the race will be in the night and they just don't put out their lights.
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :would be a good idea if they introduced weather and night raceing. hint hint

But only for S2 racers. Demo users should be stuck with day/clear
Quote from sgt.flippy :The only times when I see race cars with their lights on, during daytime, is when it's raining, fog, chance for those and when the race will be in the night and they just don't put out their lights.

i've seen drivers in supergt and other gt type racing flash their lights when they are approaching another driver during the daytime. but there are lots of tactics that takeplace on longer races that arent implimented... like forcing opponents onto the dirty/marble covered parts of the track, the drafting contributing to cars overheating... all of those things.
This is just my thought but thanks for reading

I reckon if were going to have blinkers we should have them like real cars so that when you straighten out they turn off

and thats my 2 pence

*edit*
yes i agree there should be more weather options - so we can use our lights i also reckon there should be rear lights turned on too when the frontlights are on - that would be cool - im not sure i want to blind my opponent 'cos bad things happen when people cant see were there going
I think a nice feature to add that would help with passing is the ability to signal someone to pass you. So the driver may raise their hand or wave their hand as a signal to pass.
On the subject of cars in LFS, V8 Super Cars from the AU would be a nice addition... Those things are beautiful and amazing to watch!
In order to signal, you can use signaling lights (only in street cars, of course).
Quote from STenyaK :In order to signal, you can use signaling lights (only in street cars, of course).

That's the point of my suggestion, you should be able to signal with your hand, that way it is car and track position independant feature. Besides, signals on a car are used to signal the direction the driver intends to take a vehicle and can be mis-leading and cause further confusion.

By track position independant I mean where a driver may occupy the racing line or not, an approaching driver can presume that, if a car is off the line nearing a corner and has been given the signal to pass, then the car signaling the pass will not attempt to get in teh racing line until the pass has been completed. Etc etc etc.

Depending on how a feature like this may be implemented the LFS racing rules could accomidate it (the process behind the procedure), if per say the pass feature is directioncal (left hand for left side pass vs right hand for right side) then one would signal the direction they expect you to go, assuming the signal a direction. heh

A simulation of an imperfect system should be just that.
I posted this in another thread but i dont think it belongs there....

I know LFS isnt NFS but could we do dyno runs and have extra parts to fix our cars? Becasue all the cars now is basically the same...if this is like a sim doesnt "sim" mean like for real? In real races all cars arent the same..so couldn't we do that here?

Dumb idea..but just wondering..
i'm suprized those suggestions havent been suggested already... or have they?
At the time i posted that i was playin nfsu2 and i was testing my car on the dyno...lol I don't think the dyno has been suggested but i think the car parts has been.
Dyno has been suggested, and rubbished, before, as have the car parts. It would be nice to see the torque curves of the engines in game, but we don't need adjustable torque curves by however means, as the whole point of LFS is driver versus driver, not car versus car.

At this point someone usually mentions, without thinking, car setups making the cars different, and thus it not being driver versus driver, but the car setup merely allows a driver to exploit the car to his best potential, rather than simply making the car faster. So it's still driver versus driver assuming both have setups that allow them to get the most from their cars with their driving styles.
Quote from scoobyrbac :At the time i posted that i was playin nfsu2 and i was testing my car on the dyno...lol I don't think the dyno has been suggested but i think the car parts has been.

you don't have to think... you can Know!
go to the 1st page and press control+f. then type in dyno. or, you could just use the search button to make sure your idea for a new thread is original.
lol ok i get lazy sometimes..lol ii get home from doing stuff all day and i just dont search sometimes...sorry for my lazyness...lol
I would like to see the sequence of repairs whilst making a pitstop changed from 'Minor damage-Major damage' to 'Major damage-Minor damage'. You've no idea how distressing it for my wife to hear a grown man scream at his monitor; 'For God's sake! Leave the scratches and fix the bloody suspension!':banghead:

Happy new year to all the clean drivers out there.
yeah, sometimes there are tiny dings i would like to skip repairing. body damage seems to affect handling as well. maybe even the balance of the car... or am i imagining things? i'm not talking about suspension damage, i mean body damage.
....so is this a log or not?
Quote from CSU1 :....so is this a log or not?

Yes. Everythign you say or do not say may or may not be used against you

(I'll update this sometime soon, been lazyassing with this again)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG