The online racing simulator
Quote from Venus :No; thats not what I mean. That just rotates the fixed view. Which isn't all that useful; as its fixed to whatever you set it to. What I'd like; is its linked to steering; so as I increase lock to left say; my view rotated left and equal num degress. (I just check that btw, those options. Its fixed).

Ven

pardon ? sry i really dont get what you mean

Quote from Venus :Another small thing I'd like to see changed, is the rear view in Open Wheelers. I'd like it more centered. Currently; when you look back; you get a eye full of dorsal which is fine, its meant to be that way. But you only see the left rear; the right rear is blocked. I'd rather be able to either choose either via buttom choice; or centred. I understand why its like this; as in real life if u turned left; you would only see left rear or right. Dorsal would never be centred in RL. But dual choice would be nice. ie let me choose if i look rear left, or rear right.

V

use look left/right simultaneously to look back that way you can decide which side you look back on by pressing that view button first
It's probably been mentioned before but the one thing I'd like to see is individual force feedback settings for each car.
Some cars ,FOX for example, i like around 60% FF where as the FZR i have as low as 30 %
Having to keep changing it is a pain, generally because i forget, then end up starting a race in the FZR after driving the FOX and it's like doing a bloody workout there's so much resistance.
you could do this via Scripts ya know
Quote from Jakg :you could do this via Scripts ya know

If you'd care to point me in the direction of somewhere that explains how to do that I'd be grateful
Quote from The Moose :If you'd care to point me in the direction of somewhere that explains how to do that I'd be grateful

well i think you would just need to go LFS>Data>Script and open the .lfs file for each car (opens in notepad) and add "/ff [type a number]" the only problem would be you would have to do that for EVERY car.

For example, here would be your "ideal" fox.lfs
// This script is run when you select the FOX

run sequential
[B][I][U]/ff 60[/U][/I][/B]

The bolded, italiced underlined (i know!) part is the bit i added, btw
Thanks I'll give it a try later.
Something else should be added.

If you could add to the list, a command for talk that allows us to bind commands or text to a key, it'd be great. Something like:

/bind a "whatever text you want" and /bind b /mustpit 1 or /bind c /run xxx

It would be a simple thing to add, and would allow us to map out our entire keyboard, rather than the limited binds there are now. Be simple, just add a simple command for the commands.txt file (and of course LFS lol) then its as simple to bind as it is to change laps etc. and easier to implement, rather than having to make a screen to handle it.

Venus
How about adding the "more available AI drivers" to the wishlist.

Its been brought up as a topic, computers can handle it nowdays, itd be easy to implement, wouldn't hurt anybody. Maybe?
Would it be possible please to add a curb on the outside, of the entry of the chicane at Aston Club please? It would stop alot of accidents. Not to mention; in real life, it would have a curb. Yes its more challenging without it. Or; just give us a lil room for error there. Currently, if you cross the line there; your gone, which is tricky cause in order to take that corner properly, you have to turn out to the line.

Ta.

Venus
Hey,

I hope this suggestion hasn't already come up but under the F12 menu it might be interesting if the miles per galleon count showed or something for the overall mpg in the drive.

AG
Quote from Alive Ghost :Hey,

I hope this suggestion hasn't already come up but under the F12 menu it might be interesting if the miles per galleon count showed or something for the overall mpg in the drive.

AG

It shows the fuel it needs for one lap, what more do you want? It's easier this way too
My suggestions about LFS:
1-add max. speed of all cars in INFO section
2-add the support of mp3 playlists.
3-add simply control - down arrow is brake and rear move simultaneously
4-improve bot skills, especially on straight lines and Kyoto Ring and enable
bot's speed like player's best speed
5-set standart view and settings in menu
6-make auto-updater
7-new rules in Formula 1 - engines must have 19000 rpm max and Pirelli tyres
left the race.
8-bug in Kyoto Ring - if a car has a high speed and crashes into the wall
before the pit, car is fly through the fence!The same bug with Car Park - I
can overcome the red-n-white fence with a high speed and hovering is begin.
Quote from Deem0n :My suggestions about LFS:
1-add max. speed of all cars in INFO section
2-add the support of mp3 playlists.
3-add simply control - down arrow is brake and rear move simultaneously
5-set standart view and settings in menu
6-make auto-updater
7-new rules in Formula 1 - engines must have 19000 rpm max and Pirelli tyres
left the race.

1. Max speed depends on drag/downforce, gearing, tyre pressures etc, and to all intents and purposes is useless information
2. MP3 requires a licence to use. OGG is free.
3. What? You can already set down arrow as brake, but what is rear move?
4. AI is set to be improved prior to S2 becoming beta/full
5. There already are standard settings.
6. Already done
7. We don't have a 2007 F1 car, so rev limit not applicable. Pirelli haven't been in F1 since 1991.
8. Just don't crash at full speed into walls and expect it to be 100% realistic. It'll get better I'm sure, but in such extreme cases all simulations begin to 'fail'.
Quote from tristancliffe :
3. What? You can already set down arrow as brake, but what is rear move?

I think he means that stupid system in arcade games where if you are static pressing the brakes reverses. No need for that in LFS, although a mate of mine thought that was a sensible idea - idiot.
Quote from Deem0n :

First of all :
Get a license and don't play your cracked game.

What will come will come and it will be good and it will be come when it comes!
Quote from duke_toaster :I think he means that stupid system in arcade games where if you are static pressing the brakes reverses. No need for that in LFS, although a mate of mine thought that was a sensible idea - idiot.

+1

Quote from ZerFEr :
First of all :
Get a license and don't play your cracked game.

I don't play cracked games & I'll have a LFS licence soon

Quote from tristancliffe :
Pirelli haven't been in F1 since 1991.

sorry I mean Michelin

PS
New improvements log:
1-In NFS HP 2 etc I can see that racer manually switches the gear. Can any body introduce the same in LFS?
2-front, rear and lataral glasses must crumble for the best realism.
3-I should like to see 4 and 5-doors cars (not race but the mass)
4-Ideal straight and long track in drag (to see the max speed of the car) and round track like Kioto Ring
5-add weather conditions-rain,ice,snow etc and enable the work of wipers
6-What about bikes, buggys and trucks racing?
deleted
Quote from Deem0n :

Hmm, but you are demo user, you don't have Kyoto ring or have you?
Clearly he's playing at his friends house.
Quote from srdsprinter :How about adding the "more available AI drivers" to the wishlist.

Its been brought up as a topic, computers can handle it nowdays, itd be easy to implement, wouldn't hurt anybody. Maybe?

Haha! I told you all it should happen, and now it has! Even with out the finest official unofficial list of suggested improvements, it has cometh!

My single player trackdays are now supereb!

lol...
Show/Sort Car Setups by Track in Garage Menu + Additional Onboard Cameras
I would find it really helpful to have shown/sorted car setups by track, like it was the case in Geoff Crammond's GP Series. Maybe with an unlock-field to view setups for all tracks additionally.
At the moment, you have to choose your setup between all the tracks and track configurations and forward and reverse, which is a looooong list if you have a setup for each.

An other idea (which also came with GP) is to have different onboard views (means simply more than the one slot available atm) for each car which could be customized and cycled through by pressing page up/down ...

Comments on this?
Quote from Scawen :But we know the longitudinal tyre forces need some improvements, for example the well known thing that in many cars the acceleration seems too good if you just wheelspin.

I think I will have to plug in my wheel soon again

I think a change of longitudinal forces with spinning wheels would have a huge impact on the physics, not only when accelerating at the start.

I would love to see that corrected in Patch Y, as it is the last bigger flaw I could discover in the great tyre physics of LFS.

This will be less noticable now with next patch because of the false starts and reaction times, so it is good to know, that you are working on it.

Keep up the good work
Sounds.... please please PLEASE!! lose the OTT echo effects (infact, lose 95% of the echo effect). Why does the XRT (only car I tried in the new patch) sound like it's running in a sealed plastic container when climbing the hill past the 2nd checkpoint at BL1? There's no building's close, just trees... no way would it be sounding like an echo chamber (I have all echo volumes / adjustment at absolute minimam including editing the header etc car engine notes).

Also on a sound note, please add sounds to the rumble strips. The graphical representation is good, but made a joke of with no sound to back it up.

Regards,

Ian

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG