The online racing simulator
i suggest to make a system for mods with unique ID for each mod cuz in internets there is many mods for LFS, and some of them r really good, so my suggestion is to make them useful
Quote from Yar-650 :i suggest to make a system for mods with unique ID for each mod cuz in internets there is many mods for LFS, and some of them r really good, so my suggestion is to make them useful

There is a very useful system to avoid the mismatch:

Mods are illegal.
I LOVE this thread. Based on the current speed of development even a 10% implementation of this wonderful list would take 5 years. Ahhh one day a little email will end up in my inbox saying "LFS has now been moved into the modern age!"

Until then i'll keep reading the wonderful suggestions this thread has and the total lack of support it gets from the developers.
Realistic mirrors...
Realistic mirrors...
When using Trackir (head tracking) the mirrors appear as flat TV screens and don't interact with head position.
Unless I'm missing something in the graphics settings :-s
Quote from Rick D :Realistic mirrors...
When using Trackir (head tracking) the mirrors appear as flat TV screens and don't interact with head position.
Unless I'm missing something in the graphics settings :-s

Has been suggested before. But yes, would be nice. Currently the mirrors are just viewing behind the car. All mirrors show almost the same I believe.
Strange that after all those nice suggestions I do not see the suggestion to add an Safety Car procedure, that can be enabled by the admin(s).

We use such a system now on our league and has many advantages.
As it brings all cars back together again, so a lot of close racing again just like after the start, So more action.. More fun !!

Also it prevents a car for quiting as resetting is not allowed during our races so due to the SC procedure they stay on track collecting some extra points at the end of the race.

Secondly We don't need to ask for extra tracks or cars. Just give us the possibility to create them ourself as you as you have to possibility to do so in RFactor. My findings is that RFactor is not such a good simulator then LFS in matter of car feel realism but at is a great success as members can create cars and real tracks !!!
Safety Rating and Filter
Not sure if this has been said (I did do a quick check)

A safety rating on world stats so servers can prevent joins (by setting a minimum rating) by crashers ( a must in my opinion )
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :added in 6E, some moderator please mark it

also added?

Good finds, first post updated
Thought I might add a suggestion. I noticed recently a new kind of phenomenon taking place in some MMOs: Perma-Death. I've been playing Path of Exile for a week and didn't cared about dying at the end cause there is no penalty in dying exept in some particular event AFAIK. My point being; I was watching some real footage of an Elise SC in Magione on YT lapping in 1m30 and I realized I was 6 seconds faster than this guy while racing on the laser-scanned version of AC with the same car. A simulation being far from perfect, 2-3 seconds of difference might explain it but not 6 seconds. The main reason is not physic related to me but more on the risk side. We are not scared enough to wreck the car in a simulation and this is why so much accident happens. I don't believe a Safety Rating, although an improvement, would be ideal but imagine you'd have to replace the broken part on your virtual LFS car using virtual credits, most would think twice before making a bold manoeuvre in a fast curves at 260. My point is that Fear would dissuade some drivers making over-aggressive moves, having to repair their car after the event if they want to use the car again. Of course this feature gots it's downsides, mainly having to repair your own car if someone crashes into you. This feature could of course be turned off by the host for traditional races without consequences. Then some stats could be added on LFSworld such as how much dollars driver X did in repair, how accidents and how much he did ($) in damage to others etc.. While in league a team would need some deep pocket in virtual credits to grant their whole participation to a championship in case it turns oblivion. I believe this would bring a totally new dimension to sim racing. Having an accident would have a consequence, just like in the real world, which would encourage driver to drive safely. Burning a clutch would cost something, same for a broken engine etc..

I know some people were not fond of LFScredits in the days but it was quite something winning a race, earning credits and being enable to unlock a new car with it. It gave some sort of Gran Turismo feel to it, while being online, without the repetitiveness of GT. I believe LFScredit could be use to repair our broken cars, while encouraging over-aggressive drivers to race more carefully. After-all the purpose is to simulate racing and broken parts is a part of it.

I think this could give LFS an edge over the rest with such a feature.
I don't know if it's hard to make or note, but i don't like this in LFS. When tyre temperature go high in 100 degrees tires always have smoke. I am taking about this.

http://www.picz.ge/img/s2/1305/26/c/c4c37ea6e6fa.gif

Also i like to see that F9 key work for other players to and i can see tyre temperature.

P. S. I like first post
The tyre smoke is to be improved when the new tyre physics come out. Don't know if Scawen will fix this, but he mentioned something about tyre smoke. (for ex. tyre smoke will be coming out of the whole tyre instead of just the part making contact with the surface)
Quote from Nadeo4441 :The tyre smoke is to be improved when the new tyre physics come out. Don't know if Scawen will fix this, but he mentioned something about tyre smoke. (for ex. tyre smoke will be coming out of the whole tyre instead of just the part making contact with the surface)

I think it would be better also if each smoke particle started off with the same velocity as the tyre and then slow down with air resistance. Right now they spawn without velocity. Since the particles can fly away with the wind they must already have variables for their velocity I guess.
Quote from Skytrill : A simulation being far from perfect, 2-3 seconds of difference might explain it but not 6 seconds.

Hard to tell, even professional racing drivers some time have huge time differences. Some years ago Jos Verstappen was the cause of rule changes in LMP2 racing class. He was competing with LPM1 class in a LMP2 car! Fix was easy LPM2 cars were required to carry extra weight to slow them down.

Several seconds time difference between professional drivers But temperatures, tyres, track conditions, fuel load can also add to huge time differences.

In lfs most races are done under ideal conditions, no wind and 20c Celsius and no effect from the sun. Add them all up and you end up with 6 second difference. That is not from a fear factor, racing drivers who are scared die or are very slow.
Would be nice if in F12 menu would be an option "cancel requested setup changes".
Why? Sometimes it happens while in race that you mistakenly hit "symetrical tyres" to yes (instead of repair damage to yes,which is right above the other option),meaning that you have screwed up your whole tyre setup as it very difficult to set all the tyre settings back. Happened to me few times,yesterday at LFSCART too.
Would be nice if the amount of colors available would me more then 9.

At least the 3 digit color code system which is being mentioned here (web safe colors);
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors

I'm aware of the fact it leads to an bandwidth increase but I think the impact is not so high and it would lead to better readability of text/buttons in-game.
Except that it doesn't fit into LFS's text parsing at all (and would be the worst thing to figure out... IN THE WORLD ) It's already annoying to deal with the current method of switching codepages and colours. Never mind having multiple colours (and variable-length escape codes after a caret character.
1 digit or static 3 digit hexa behind a ^ .. I don't see the difference really.
Raised Ripple Strips
Any one ever think about or care to mention the "NO feel/ONLY IMAGES" ripple strips???

Real 3D Ripple strips with real-time physical feedback on the steering forces..
Just like some other sim's on the market

These fake graphical images are nice to look at,but only seem to be just that...

FAKE

And before anyone tells me about the high angle ripples around Aston circuit,plus others(e.g. Blackwood)
YES, they have high angles and can be launch pads at times...

But they still don't feel like or are shaped like real ripples!
ROC Style Over Cross bridge plz, did anyone suggested?
Just a suggested improvement. LFS is such a good game, but i steel don't understand why car cockpit view don't support 900° and 1080° steering rotation ? It only rotate 720 or 725... Would be very good if developers make something like this and we have possibility to increase or decrease this steering wheel rotation degrees in cockpit view. Really said this is very annoying for me when i play with my G25 (900°) and in cockpit driver movement don't match my steering. I know, that not all cars in LFS support 900 degrees of steering rotation, but anyway XRG, XRT would be good with this.

Sorry for bad English. Apologies.
It's not about support,it's about how car is constructed. LFS's road cars have 720° wheels: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/C ... teering_Wheel_Lock_Angles
Meanwhile,you can use what ever angle you like on your own wheel! And if the difference distacts you,you have the option to turn off virtual wheel.
Quote from Eclipsed :It's not about support,it's about how car is constructed. LFS's road cars have 720° wheels: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/C ... teering_Wheel_Lock_Angles
Meanwhile,you can use what ever angle you like on your own wheel! And if the difference distacts you,you have the option to turn off virtual wheel.

Thanks for info, but i know this I like drive with cockpit view and with steering wheel (turn on). So, again very bad. Steel old rFactor have support like i mention. You can simple open file and replays virtual steering wheel rotation, which effect in cockpit steering wheel rotation and nothing more. Will be happy if game menu have function like this.

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG