The online racing simulator
BTW, you can take false starts off the list since they got added in X.
Some middle of the road road cars or more engine range on the road cars.

What I mean is have abit more of an engine range like maybe with the xf gti an 8v model with a little more torque than the normal gti maybe call it the gte or something.Also maybe a 2.5L na version of the xrg abit more torque again but less hp than the xrt
Quote :+ Increase maximum FOV limit

Done in patch X.
I would like to see LFS with CM Dirt graphics engine. That would be great. I would even pay 80 Euro to get such a game!
Can you please change the race split times from showing everyones splits, to just showing splits to leader, car ahead, and the car behind? I really don't need to know ny others, and on big races, it obscurs the apex on some hairpins. Or, at least give us the option to do this.

Thanks

Ven

[Edit] Obviously this is not a problem in small races. But in big races it is a real problem. Especially on AS2 where it obscures your apex. Its even worse after the race and the results shows up. A better way would be to give us an option to control how much of it we want to see; and a hotkey to turn it off.
Anothing thing I think is very important is the quality of the screen.

On high end monitors it wouldn't be a problem. But on low end CRT's it terrible and causes strange mental effects that I get no where else (like motion sickness - something I've never suffered from). Its the graininess and flickering of distance track/objects/background. It would be nice if you could add some sort of smoothing, or gradiated smoothing out beyond 100 metres.

I think its vitally important a game be sensitive to medical effects it may cause. Especially with the more serious forms of epilepsy. I have no doubts LFS could cause that. No other games cause these effects in me. Why is it important for you? Cause if someones child had a severe epilepsy attack while playing your game; you could be sued; though I don't know how such a case would turn out. But prevention is better I think. lol..

Just so you know; I never had any of these problems in W or V patches.

Venus
Quote from Deem0n :Please add night race aka NFS Underground and Carbon!

PS
MRT has trouble with swithing the gears up and down.

The MRT has no trouble, in most motorcycles, first gear is down, and the rest are up.

Cheers,
Matt.
Here's just a thought.... What if LFS made a huge tournament style race. They could have qualifying sessions and then match the drivers up with people with the same speed. Then fastest 10-15 or so drivers will be put in a A main. Then slightly slower people get B main. Then slower driver then the B main people get C main and so on. It is a lot of work and sorting the drivers PB. But that would be a heck of a lot of fun.
Quote from Venus :tell u this... if they do it at all... they better give it decent lights on the cars... not those crappy NFS type lights that only show just in frnt of the car... should be like real lights, with long high beam that shows up the fathest u can see like normal car lights... or better.

V

AKA "Projection"... "atmosphereics" , "bug soup"

But as long as they have lights, regardless of how they are implememted, should look good. Provided the lighting and lights are modern!

Wait for S3! +100000000000000000000000000000000000000
Quote from MiniRam :Here's just a thought.... What if LFS made a huge tournament style race. They could have qualifying sessions and then match the drivers up with people with the same speed. Then fastest 10-15 or so drivers will be put in a A main. Then slightly slower people get B main. Then slower driver then the B main people get C main and so on. It is a lot of work and sorting the drivers PB. But that would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Its easy, all you have to do is start your own league and manage it with your own point system ... Server scripts exist for many wonderfull reasons! (no offense)
I'd love having the freedom to change default vehicle models with any model I like (And of course only I would see the model, same as when you use hi-res textures and other .dds addons).

This way I could change the XFG for a Fiat Punto and the XRT with a Subaru Impreza WRC, or whatever.
i love xrt . i hope in future xrt will have more power ..300bhp+ .In drifting with Xrt,using clutch kick...the feel,look and effect not like real...need to improve .
ok , now my suggestions
car:
i like to race with brakes heating simulation (shouldn't be hard to simulate it)
multiplayer:
restrictions set by host (additional mass and reducing engine power)
tracks:
ok, after watching european f1 gp, i think that weather sim is most missing point in LFS, in any other kind of simulations ( flying , sailing ) weather is most important thing. and i dont mean snow ice or any other extreme conditions, just a rain ! set less grip level on tarmac (im not sure how is it on gravel), more brake locking possibility, and good graphic effects to set less visibility. then make it appear randomly on multiplayer hosts and we've got best race simulator ever !

if someone suggested it eariler , sorry, i have no time for reading it :P
Quote from BullHorn :I'd love having the freedom to change default vehicle models with any model I like (And of course only I would see the model, same as when you use hi-res textures and other .dds addons).

This way I could change the XFG for a Fiat Punto and the XRT with a Subaru Impreza WRC, or whatever.

That sounds sick in bad way, it is as bad idea as putting grill on xrt and then add some normal lights, shows just bad taste, imo.

I really don't like idea that someone could make car look totally something else with original handling and physics, that would look just plain wrong. Also you would have tires on wrong places as location of tires defines partially physics too, so for punto tires are outside of car body and a lot.

-1 kwantzillion
Just a few Qs:

"+ Trucks"

uh, i realise there's a big american community, but i don't understand what trucks have to do with racing

"- Snow and ice"

*edit* actually i understand this being difficult and besides that no one races on snow or ice except crazy rally drivers.

"Brake fade"

gets a big from me i'd love to see this as it's a major pain at the track

the other thing i'd like to see would be temperature modelling.

Temperature can play a big part in determining your tyre pressure, and the grip your tyres will give, and how your car performs during the day. Especially if it's turbo/supercharged.
Quote from zerohunter :it will be nice to see the hands of the pilot changing gears or put gears in the back of the steering wheel like racer cars

And showin the middlefinger instead of hornin
By the way not sure if mentioned before but anyway

We need windscreen wipers.

For example... you're driving your crappy car...

A car in front of you .. aye!? And there's a turn in 200 meters. It brakes ... by accident slips and one of the wheels catches grass. So it splashes the grass on ya or mud whatever ... or rain? On your window so ya turn yer windscreen wipers to clean it up.

it would be realistic and maybe even fun.

Or if we'll get rain in S3 it could splash water on yer window and car if you're too close to another car. And stuff like that.

I'm sure it will make making hotlaps much harder - but game isn't just about time - it's about racing and having fun, of course if they ain't wreckers or noobs.

What do you think? That's mostly what I miss from LFS... It's a great sim but some of the things aren't realistic. The weather is always beautiful. Never raining at all. Clean track. No shit on your window.
Just perfect.
Trucks would be awesome...

There aren't any good games with trucks.. there was one but it sucked :-)

And trucks have A LOT IN COMMON with racing. actualy it's a great idea, would give a different look to LFS too.

LFS - racing sim!
Quote from danben7 :that really does just look like a pointless novelty

but i guess if people have time more content can't hurt

I would trade all cars with wings to those
Ehm, isn't that the driver swap feature? And still, having a T besides the name is not "grouping".
This is sposed to be a race simulation. I think its about time you got rid of the big messages (Yellow flag, Blue flag etc) and actually placed some models around the track that waved the correct flag for the proper event.

And did any of you ever think a race simulation needs a Checkered Flag at the finish??? Its about time it had one.

Small thing I know, but without those basic things, it has a more arcade feel, regardless of the realism we know it possesses in car.

Another obvious thing missing, is crowds. Its about time the sim got these basic things, partially animated crowds, waving the odd banner/flag wouldn't add too much to the f/r load (animations could be dialed back nyway in options). But it should be there.

Although it has everything a race sim should have, missing these few basic things, leaves wins feeling a little hollow.

Another thing that would be nice, but probably not possible is a podium. Mostly for SP, as I don't think ny1 would want it in MP.

Ven

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG