The online racing simulator
I'd like some classic car like Porsche 356A or better Tatra 600 or Tatra 601 (see tatraportal.sk) if you can could get a license to put it in the game
Attached images
FZ.JPG
Tatra 600. But there won't be many people who want it.
Attached images
t600_15.jpg
t600b.jpg
I'd like to be able to change the colour of the LX's front mud gaurds, I don't like the carbon fibre on them.
I'd like to know why do you think this is a topic for car (or actually any) requests?
Quote from Venus :View: Can you get rid of the problem when I hit N to centre my virtual clocks, and the name list comes up. When there's alot in the race, it fills up too much of screen. It needs to be viewable, but can we have another key that sets the clocks position, or an option in options that lets us choose whether we want them to the side, or together in centre bottom.

Patch W24 - Options... Display... Virtual steering guage - NO
Thanks Scawen.

Suggestion for improvement. Would it be possible to allow a warm up lap? or allow a server to choose if they want it? Cold tyres cause so many crashes. And its standard practise in real racing.

Venus
Make brake help scriptable, and able to act "IF" x happens
In Patch W41, or probably earlier. You allowed false starts. If this gets implemented into the next main patch, its going to cause mayhem at starts, with people constantly getting false starts. Yes they have to put up with the penalty, but I suspect what will happen, is a whole bunch of ppl will start demanding restarts, not to mention the mayhem caused by false start cars rushing thru a standing grid causing crashes. I thought the old setup was the best option, sure not real, but these sorts of problems rarely arose.

Venus
in mp youre sent to spectate if you move more then 5 metres (or something to that effect)
lol be alot of annoyed ppl in spectate i can imagine lol...

Anyway, another suggestion.. lol

How about a championship mode. Where points are awarded for a race, and next race takes place on diffnt track same car. Insim could keep track of points, and reset them every year so u don't end up with ppl who buy lfs early, end up with huge amounts of points. Or every month/quarter etc. In the server list, it'd allow us to search for champ mode races.

I often think, I do all these races, and wot for? apart for fun lol... It would also help teams run championships.

Ven
Quote from 60iano60 :WRC IN LFS , OMG would be best game ever , whit that physics.

I say same for Formula 1....
Please add night race aka NFS Underground and Carbon!

PS
MRT has trouble with swithing the gears up and down.
I'd love to see a night race... but definitely not something from NFS.

V
Quote from Venus :I'd love to see a night race... but definitely not something from NFS.

add only night weather and cool headlights!
Quote from Deem0n :Please add night race aka NFS Underground and Carbon!

PS
MRT has trouble with swithing the gears up and down.

Not NFS!!!:vomit:

You could say "aka GTR" at liest..
tell u this... if they do it at all... they better give it decent lights on the cars... not those crappy NFS type lights that only show just in frnt of the car... should be like real lights, with long high beam that shows up the fathest u can see like normal car lights... or better.

V
Lagometer
Since the new amounts of car that are now able to race on track, both the connections list and lagometer have become smaller and harder to read, Especially when we have a full maximum grid.
I would like to see both the lago meter and conncetions list being numbered so that it would be far easier to to trace the person who is lagging the server,

Remember when a person is causing lag it affects all drivers on track and usually causes crashes which then spoil the race and a person enjoyment of racing online.

This is not a difficult thing to have written into the program and I am sure that most Administrators would agree that this mod will be most useful.
Ps. I do know that the lago meter can currently be enlarged but it still isnt big enough.
Many thanks
[FM]Popps (administrator)
Quote from Venus :tell u this... if they do it at all... they better give it decent lights on the cars... not those crappy NFS type lights that only show just in frnt of the car... should be like real lights, with long high beam that shows up the fathest u can see like normal car lights... or better.

V

I made quite close real spec Hella Rallye 3000 battery to one of my mods for rTracktor, I think that something like this would be nice option to have for night races, or if not, at least real spec passenger car lights. (please ignore glow effect, that was not completed as this was just to test if rTracktor engine does support realistic lights, which it does). Also it has HUGE immersion factor.
Here was only single narrow beam lamp used for illumination.

Very nice, but I'd like low beam on too, so it spreads out in front picking up curbs... the beam is great... but need low beam too..

Ven
Hi

1st of all since it my first post here, i would like to congratulate Hyperactive for the great post.

So here it goes, my sugestions, regarding only qualify:
- I noticed that some of the old 2d text is still displayed. I think it would look better if it were something like this:
When qualify session starts the message when you exit from garage to pits could be something like this > Qualify Session Started (1º) > Track Open (2º message).
- Also in qualify something odd happens. Imagine this, a track with fox and fo8. If you lap with the fo8 then afterwards with the fox, your qualifying time registered will be maintain with the one done with fo8.
My suggestion it to whenever a driver changes car, immediatly after he crosses the line after a launched lap, would be lap 2 considering out-lap, the previous time would disappear, no matter if its faster or slower, the time with the current car should be the one counting, imo. Early i think it would register both times, but that no good either i think.

I hope that this suggestions weren't already done, if they were so, my apologies, but i red the log and skip to last page directly.

Cyaz on trackz
Quote from Venus :Very nice, but I'd like low beam on too, so it spreads out in front picking up curbs... the beam is great... but need low beam too..

Ven

Yes, that is why there is 4 lamps, two spots and two driving lamps were planned, but then I got a job and I had no time for modding no more. Anyway that should show how proper light should be done, it should lit all objects coming onto way and distance should be at least 100 meters as even bad car lamps can illuminate that distance.

Here is some good references for devs to use, if they happen to read this thread:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/ISOLUX_Diagrams_Fog.asp
Something else I'd love to see...

In big MP races, the results obscure too much of the screen. Really, all I need to know is, the gap to the leader, the gap to the guy in front, and the guy beind. All the others are superfluous. At the end they should all be displayed. That way, I can see my apex's without it being obscurred by the damn results. Can you please set it so I have either the option to view only what I want, or, change it so I view only leader gap, front/behind time games.

Venus
Quote from popps258 :Since the new amounts of car that are now able to race on track, both the connections list and lagometer have become smaller and harder to read

the lagmeter can be expanded by holding ctrl+shift
Can we please have individual settings for preload? Currently it only allows blocks of 10. My ideal preload set is between 70-80, and currently I can't set it to that. Allow single digit advance please. What you could do, is have two arrows either side. One for single digit advance and the other for greater, say 10; for those who are still finding it. Speeds things up.

Venus

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG