The online racing simulator
Quote from chavm481 :so atleast the crack cant go onine

Yes
At least my search for it found no way of doing this. Oh and don't start calling me a cracker please, I just checked around to see if there was a way and maybe report it

If you play LFS offline it ain't much of an enjoyment, so if people use cracks - too bad for them, they won't enhoy the game as we do.

Btw, wonder if the dev's read this topic for inputs about the development, and wishlists.
Quote from legoflamb :The death part is a bit unnecessary, but the screen blackout on 'X'G impact (with an added auto spectate after 'X' amount of time) is actually a pretty good idea, maybe it will keep people from crashing continuously.

+245453453463345634523453454534 !

Please implent this, euh gosh!
AI should react to the blue flag

AI should also respond to what is happening on the route ahead him, for example:
- when someone moves from boxing,
- or going much slower (ex. on the return track)

Tires should also use visual, especially in a place where they were blocked by braking

The grip on the track should increase at the optimal line in the race / qualifications

Bumpers should fall, lamps and window rupture not deform

After a certain time damaged tire should fall from rims
Snow and ice tracks + Scrirocco and we are done!
What about snow and rain and stuuf like that for weather. Add some wipers as well and sliding around in rain and ice
Quote from Hyperactive :
- Engine building/tuning: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5957
- Engine Tuning and Car Tweaking: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2071
- Cam timing adjustment: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1833

why not i have always liked the idea of having some one that tuned there car for a 2 lap all out race trying to win a 20 lap race with the tuning being set up wrong its done in real racing the same way. look at a drag racing motor as appose to a nascar motor. drag race motors need to be rebuilt between races and rev very very quickly were a nascar motor is more about running at 7k 8k 9k rpm all day. it would be the same as it is with set ups if your not really good with making a set up from scratch you could ask for some one to send you there "tuning setup"
Wouldn't a good way for making lfs crack-proof just be making a version without all the S2 content included in it, but just the demo files like the xrg, xfg, and fbm files, blackwood files, and the right dds'?
Easiest solution i can come up with to keep LFS against cracking for a little while.
Ofcourse, this isn't going to work if some fruitcake with S2 is going to upload the S2 files somewhere. But as the community is against cracking that badly anyway, i don't think that's going to happen.
Any updates on modifications to the Autocross functions?
My idea is quite miniscule (thus easily implemented), and yet I would greatly appreciate it.

**An "Esc" button in the replay UI.**

I like to watch a lot of my driving and, splattered on my bed, I have to reach for the keyboard to exit any particular replay. Hitting the "Esc" key on the screen using the mouse would be a lot more comfortable.

Thanx for the consideration
My suggestion:
I think mirrors should be edited. I would love to see in mirrors back, left and right sides of car (like in real). It will be more realistic than empty space. It will be good improvement to feel better the distance in mirrors.
Quote from Stiggie :Wouldn't a good way for making lfs crack-proof just be making a version without all the S2 content included in it, but just the demo files like the xrg, xfg, and fbm files, blackwood files, and the right dds'?
Easiest solution i can come up with to keep LFS against cracking for a little while.
Ofcourse, this isn't going to work if some fruitcake with S2 is going to upload the S2 files somewhere. But as the community is against cracking that badly anyway, i don't think that's going to happen.

No. NFS Carbon has demo. Do you think it in any way stopped crackers?
+++

There must be some better way to deal with demo users and skins, forgive me if it has been discussed to death as I may have missed it(or not)because my memory ain't the best as of late.

So we are in a situation where demo users constantly keep posting their custom skins to the forum asking S2 holders to upload their content to the master server and LFSW. Most skins I've seen are dreadful and it's not hard to see why people get agitated with the constant flow of content from the unlicensed drivers which more often than not see's the demo user turned straight off LFS altogether for being flamed and told to buy a license which imo is not very fair as some of the skins presented for upload do actually have some effort put into them.

The dev's need to make clean and clear guidelines on the rules surrounding the uploading of skins by S2 holders from demo users by either outright banning uploading or hosting a separate temporary system. It is having a double whammy effect because that skin should not have been on the forum in the first place and if it is uploaded by an S2 holder it is content that is used through LFSW and is unpaid for.

I understand for many reasons why a P2P type system for the skins is undesirable, but would it not be feasible to have the demo users share skins amongst themselfs in P2P type fashion?
only few words:

slicks on BF1 as per season 2009?

maybe the long-awaited patch?
Quote from durrri :

slicks on BF1 as per season 2009?

maybe the long-awaited patch?

The car is from 2006, so the tyres are vom 2006 - no slicks.
I just wish that you didnt fall through the floor into a black hole of nothingness if you ever end up off the track. So annoying!
Quote from danthebangerboy :I just wish that you didnt fall through the floor into a black hole of nothingness if you ever end up off the track. So annoying!

Totally agree.
Even if you do manage to fly off track the grass on the sides of the track should be a part of the world. Strange said, but rather land solid on the gras and get teleported back, than falling into nothingness.
Guys, maybe i didn't notice such a suggestion(although i will be suprised if it wasn't posted), but what about no "repair/tire change etc" during "reset button"? It's especially annoying in MRT.
I dont know if this is a common concern, but I think it's time for an update to the Tyre Physics (Not deformation, that's fine) as it is still quicker to start off by spinning the wheels than by regulating the throttle. It's too easy to drift in LFS and some cars feel like they're driving on ice.
clearly you haven't done much drag racing in LFS/time trials off the line. rolling burnout starts severly impede takeoff (unless you warm the tyres, and THEN start from a stop, buts thats different now, isn't it)
I have been watching a few other simulators, and i think that this MIGHT work.

how about, having parts of cars fly off when they are crashed obviously not just any parts, the parts that were hit, and obviously control the amount that come off due to the impact of the hit - Rfactor didnt take note of this... (a front wing can come off if you lightly touch it)

i just thought that it would make the game more realistic and interesting.

Dont shout at me for saying it is a stupid idea because its just an opinion
Several days ago i was watching WTCC on Eurostoprt2
and there was a short clip about cars
where they introduced WTCC BMW interior
and i have noticed that on the middle of the steering wheel there is a small
map with marked corners.
So now i'm thinking could this be on LFS?
that when you load a new track the map would change on the steering wheel.
I would love to see a suit that can be colored like the rims in LFS. For example, if you have a orange car you could have a orange suit, yellow suit for a yellow car etc. I know it's not an important improvement, but it would look better when people are not driving in green cars with red suits.
Hello to all,
it is nice log about most suggestions. But I have one question. Any suggestion what is written to the "Live for Speed > Main > Improvement Suggestions" threads, it is seen by LFS developer team? He is accepting these suggestions? Because I can not found any reply from LFS developers/programmers, it is looking as forum where only LFS users are discussing about LFS improvements. But there are no any statements from the developers. Have these suggestions any effect? OK, I know, that here are more hardly performable or impossible suggestions, but also here are more rational/effective, easily performable suggestions, what are can be done at all next LFS patch/update version.
How it is about these suggestions? Can somebody describe it? Thank you.
This whole forum section is viewed on by the Devs. Its more a sort of inspiration than a to-do list. Just take the first page of this thread and look for the silver colored suggestions, tahts the ones that made it.

But don't forget: Its the Devs game, and they make the way they want it

Btw, is someone still updating it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG