The online racing simulator
Quote from scoped11 :yes ths is what i mean , on teh original Z version the wheel works perfect . , i start having these issue with the test patches xD

Are you running multiple versions of LFS? I would punt for having some of your settings different in each version. Make sure your analogue steering smooth is set to Zero in both version. I reckon in one you have it at zero and in the test patch it's reset to something else. Go through all your settings in the earlier patch and mirror in the new one. Plus, is the profiler set up for 'generic' settings or game specifics. It may not recognise the new LFS patch, thus reverting back to basic settings. Set the profiler to generic.
I've been having similar problems with the G25 on two PCs. I'll test it with both Z13 and Z tomorrow (same folder so same settings, same .exe name so same profiler.)
It could very well be down to a hardware error, as my shifter's been playing up as well - something tells me Logitech used cheap POTs.

edit: happens on both Z and Z13. Probably a hardware/profiler problem
Quote from avih :Raced some during the weekend on z13 trying to see if another process is getting those cpu cycles. Unfortunately, the bug didn't happen. On some of the times I upped LFS to above-normal priority, and in one of those I did hear the HD grinding noise but the framerate kept nice and steady. The process monitor was off at the time.

So, I don't know what to say. My guess would still be that it's windows explorer using CPU occasionally, and that it doesn't happen with z but does with z13. Sorry I'm unable to give better info right now. If I'll get something more concrete in the future, I'll post it.

Last update on this subject: I've raced enough (many hours) with Z13 at above-normal priority and didn't experience the slowdown even once. So it's most definitely another process (probably windows explorer) consuming CPU cycles once in a while. I'm now always running it in a higher priority via a modified shortcut.

Is there any reason why LFS doesn't run by default in above-normal priority? After all, it does have some real-time requirements which might require a higher priority?
afaik no programm does it by itself if you don't start it with special parameters.
Quote from anttt69 :Disable the firewall.

how? in my computer and firewall. but then i have to disable the firewall from my computer and can get a virus
is it just me or does the sound screw up in LFS if u stall the engine ( or kills it urself then.. -> ), puts it in a gear and try to start the engine (without using the clutch)? on my comp the sound just gets louder and louder and after a while the sound wont go down in volume again :S
dunno if its HW or LFS related really..
It happens when you use a sound pack. Try it with default car sounds.
Quote from !!the king!! :how? in my computer and firewall. but then i have to disable the firewall from my computer and can get a virus

Firewalls do not stop viruses. Firewalls stop people "hacking" into your computer. Do you use a router? If you do, you can turn it off. A correctly set up router only allows packets that have been requested in, so any unrequested packets (IE that of a hacker) just bounce away..
Quote from Flame CZE :It happens when you use a sound pack. Try it with default car sounds.

i tried with the default engine sounds, and still get the same thing. tho it takes longer to produce, and its quite annoying when out of gas and trying to get to the pits :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Firewalls do not stop viruses. Firewalls stop people "hacking" into your computer. Do you use a router? If you do, you can turn it off. A correctly set up router only allows packets that have been requested in, so any unrequested packets (IE that of a hacker) just bounce away..

ok thx
Quote from Feffe85 :i tried with the default engine sounds, and still get the same thing. tho it takes longer to produce, and its quite annoying when out of gas and trying to get to the pits :P

Here the same. I suppose it is Realtek HD driver related issue, it isn't?
as I run LFS on my Sony Vaio Laptop.
Hey Scawen, just woundering..? Why are you hiding your self? Some people are going around and asking them self "What the hell is going on?". We need some info man, what are you doing? Are you just too tired and i give a shit, and went to Spain to lax? I'm not saying you need to tell everything you do because that would be too personal but like saying "I'm working on something you would like guys " That would please 94754 people, and make em look forward to something else. Don't give dates, or you wont make them STFU. An update each week or more often would be dam great. I hope you would read this. Scawen, have a nice summer.
Some people never learn... sigh...
Oh by the way - I'm pretty sure that the Scirocco test patch will be out tomorrow, I'm going on holiday on Saturday and the McIntyre curse seems to be that everything brilliant happens just before I can't access it for a week or two.
that's bcause Scawen's playing LFS offline day and night :S
Read HIS POSTS, You will see why he isn't saying such things. Btw. This thread needs cleaning(again ^^)!

Edit. Although it is not good thread to post this(and i'm sorry for posting this ^^)... Scawen, for the future , if You will ever consider to force limited setups on ALL cars, please don't do it ^^. Do something similar like IRacing , two types of setups(one limited, and one like today, with full freedom[it's so much fun to play with all the options, and people can also learn a lot about car behaviour, or create imitating real-life cars setups]). An admin could force one setup on the server(like rookie setups only, or adv. setups only etc).

And here's just an example . Again sorry for posting on this thread . It would be good for both "camps" .
Attached images
rookie.jpg
advanced.jpg
Quote from Rauen :Here the same. I suppose it is Realtek HD driver related issue, it isn't?

I thought it only happened to me. It doesn't even have to be when it's stalled. Sometimes it happens when I'm on the straight and the sound keeps getting louder, then sometimes it gets softer. It might be just my speakers I guess but I do have a realtek soundcard as well.
Quote from Rauen :Here the same. I suppose it is Realtek HD driver related issue, it isn't?

yeah it must be.. as i have REALTEK audio thingie here :/
damn shit..
Quote from Feffe85 :yeah it must be.. as i have REALTEK audio thingie here :/
damn shit..

It's now proven: IT IS Realtek related bug.
plz remove, this is spamming
Then it should not be discussed in this thread. Also, how did I deleted posts?
Quote from Rauen :It's now proven: IT IS Realtek related bug.

Sorry for contributing to the horrible endless pit of spammyness, but I have this too, only when using LFS. I use realtek for my sound card, but the weird thing is, it only happens when I'm using headphones, which use a c-media driver. It is test patch related though, it only happens in Z10/13. It makes my entire sound lock up, if I have WMP open it affects that too. My solution was to unplug the headphones and plug them back in. It doesn't only happen when stalling, I found it can happen at any time
#372 - Aid
guys.. did u try mute microphone in mixer? both in recording and playback? in some condidions it may create feedback which may have similar symptoms.. try it if there is any change
Quote from Rauen :It's now proven: IT IS Realtek related bug.

I also have Realtek HD and i don't have any problems. Indeed it must be something with Your settings .
Well, 90% of laptops have Realtek sound card, and so do 75% of desktops. So it doesn't 100% is realtek-related. I have realtek HD sound card and everything is OK
Can someone post exactly how to reproduce this "Realtek bug" please?

SD.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG