The online racing simulator
So if the devs change a car VOB to fix a bug or something then hotlaps would be invalid? BS. WHY?!?

If it's a fix for a cosmetic bug, such as the LX rear tyre numberplate bug, then why would fixing that bug effect hotlaps or PB's at it would surely make NO difference at all to the cars handling or speed or anything.

Who said it definitely would require a wipe of PB's anyway?
Quote from danthebangerboy :So if the devs change a car VOB to fix a bug or something then hotlaps would be invalid? BS. WHY?!?

If it's a fix for a cosmetic bug, such as the LX rear tyre numberplate bug, then why would fixing that bug effect hotlaps or PB's at it would surely make NO difference at all to the cars handling or speed or anything.

Who said it definitely would require a wipe of PB's anyway?

Quote from Scawen :The LX4 fix is delayed because it creates a hotlap OOS.

The shape of the car affects the collision detection, maybe other stuff as well.
-
(ifispam) DELETED by SamH
Quote from avih :Some more information while testing with replays only:

- Both z and z13 use about 270M of virtual memory although I once saw 400M usage (iirc with z, but it didn't happen again so I'm not sure it really was z). IMHO that's not enough to initiate swap usage on my 1G machine when all other apps closed.

- The full-screen/window change which results in very similar slowdown also occasionally exhibits the HD grinding noise, both z and z13, which might suggest that the issues are of similar origin. The symptoms really seem identical.

- Monitoring full-screen/window change using process explorer shows that windows explorer (the desktop manager process) consumes many cpu cycles for few seconds after changing the screen mode, possibly refreshing the desktop, which might also explain the HD usage while refreshing the icons. This coincide with the slowdown of LFS and it clearly shows on the graphs that LFS is going to near 0% cpu usage while explorer consumes the cpu.

- Elevating LFS process to above-normal priority (it's normal priority by default, and so is the explorer priority) solves the issue almost completely. Explorer still does it's stuff but since it's lower priority now than LFS, it takes longer to complete and LFS keeps using cpu cycles. Slight slowdown in LFS is noticable but far from the effect it exhibited in normal priority. Also, LFS is MUCH smoother in general with much less glitches (frame drops) when it runs in above-normal priority.

I still wanna play online for a considerable amount of time to see if I can come up with more concrete conclusions regarding the differences of z/z13 and the relation to explorer resource usage, specifically, if the slowdown in z13 normal-priority during play coincide with explorer activity burst.

Right now my guess would be that something triggers explorer activity, maybe more in z13 than in z. Regardless, elevating the LFS process priority shows promising results.

I'll keep this thread updated.

PS.
Trying to relate a desktop refresh to LFS, I have a shortcut to the sets directory of LFS on my desktop. This might be related, I'll try to relate to that parameter as well.

Raced some during the weekend on z13 trying to see if another process is getting those cpu cycles. Unfortunately, the bug didn't happen. On some of the times I upped LFS to above-normal priority, and in one of those I did hear the HD grinding noise but the framerate kept nice and steady. The process monitor was off at the time.

So, I don't know what to say. My guess would still be that it's windows explorer using CPU occasionally, and that it doesn't happen with z but does with z13. Sorry I'm unable to give better info right now. If I'll get something more concrete in the future, I'll post it.
i don't know if its posted
but i find a problem / bug with g25 .
the respons is late , don't got teh problem with z0.5
and throttle jumps up and down in pulses when i keep it at 1 level . ( aroudn 4000 rpm)
I am in the same boat has Avih with the frame spikes, it happens more on aston tracks then others, i was practiceing for a league race last night with FXR on AS3 with 2 other people when i started to get some gameplay spikes but the fps stayed at 100 most of the time when on track.

It happens just by random even when i am on my own or could be on a full grid.
Quote from scoped11 :i don't know if its posted
and throttle jumps up and down in pulses when i keep it at 1 level . ( aroudn 4000 rpm)

My throttle pedal started to do some fluctuations during the last weeks. I thought it was a HW problem, not a LFS one, I have to test it
-
(Napalm Candy) DELETED by franky500
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by franky500
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by franky500
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by franky500
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by franky500
-
(Gills4life) DELETED by franky500
-
(wien) DELETED by franky500
-
-
(wien) DELETED by franky500
-
-
-
-
(Not Sure) DELETED by franky500
-
I did some more testing with the sound glitch I had and it seems its a hardware issue rather than an LFS issue. If someone could reproduce it that would be great but I'm having the same problem randomly occurring in other applications, especially Ventrilo - which is indeed sound based. I reckon I need a new sound card.
-
Having some troubles with all Blackwood´s and Fe-Tracks, especially when on Tv-cam. On cockpit-view it´s a bit better but still far away from optimum... There´s no problem with heli-cam or chase-view.
Either online or watching a saved/downloaded mpr, it doesnt matter: I hear a crackling noise and got a short (lets say 2/10 seconds) freeze.

Fps is all the time rock-solid at 70 fps (using TFT with v-sync on). Tried it via normal sound (Creative X-FI) and headset (Sennheiser PC155)...I´m fiddling for two weeks now with "minimum-sleep" and "sound-lag" in options but cant get it to work properly...

Never noticed that prior z13, all other testpatches worked like a charm...

XPsp3, x1950 (Cat 9.3), 2 Gb ...System wasnt touched, apart from z13.
-
(boothy) DELETED by franky500
cleaned out a fair bit of bickering from this thread.

please try to keep this section for TEST PATCH Bug Reports only!
Quote from Scawen :I don't think there is a problem with the dedicated host's version number - I think you have run the wrong exe - maybe you installed the dedicated host in the wrong place?

When i downloaded Z13 my game just started to lag and it came a box with a text. it said that firewall can not protect LFS and after that it started to lag. could you help?
Disable the firewall.
nice work, love the ABS, use it on XRG, I can brake better than before on keyboard and don't overheat the tires
Anyone else notice the shift light flickering only in 2nd to last gear at high revs...dunno if this is Z13, just hadn't noticed it before....nfi why it might be like that, seems stable in other gears?
Quote from Whiskey : My throttle pedal started to do some fluctuations during the last weeks. I thought it was a HW problem, not a LFS one, I have to test it

i only have this on patch after z0.5
Quote from scoped11 :i don't know if its posted

anyone know how to fix the problem with the late respons of steeringwheel ?
can't drift with it , its liek i'm drunk and have to late respons xD
Quote from scoped11 :anyone know how to fix the problem with the late respons of steeringwheel ?
can't drift with it , its liek i'm drunk and have to late respons xD

OPTIONS >> MISC >> Analoge Steering Smooth , try make that value 0.00

Throttle issue:
Have you actually gone back to previous version before Z0.5 to see if the problem only started after the change because that's when the hardware possibly failed?

btw: What version is Z0.5 ? There has only been Z3 Z4 Z8 etc etc.
try disabling vsync
Quote :btw: What version is Z0.5 ? There has only been Z3 Z4 Z8 etc etc.

I guess you are running LfS 0.5Z, meaning you have the latest patch and do not run any of the test patches (Z3, Z4,...)
Quote from AndreABG :I guess you are running LfS 0.5Z, meaning you have the latest patch and do not run any of the test patches (Z3, Z4,...)

Oh wait I misinterpreted his post earlier,

"i only have this (issue) on patch after z0.5 "

I read that as "I only have this problem after installing z0.5" so I imagined in my own mind he somehow meant Z5 Test patch, instead of test patches after 0.5Z

Very sorry for that.

Still, scoped11: Please try your g25 on the origianal Z version, to see if your wheel has a hardware issue with the throttle. It's possible that you unluckily got a hardware fault with your pedals at the same time you downloaded and installed the new test patches. It could be a coincidence.
Quote from JasonJ :Oh wait I misinterpreted his post earlier,

"i only have this (issue) on patch after z0.5 "

I read that as "I only have this problem after installing z0.5" so I imagined in my own mind he somehow meant Z5 Test patch, instead of test patches after 0.5Z

Very sorry for that.

Still, scoped11: Please try your g25 on the origianal Z version, to see if your wheel has a hardware issue with the throttle. It's possible that you unluckily got a hardware fault with your pedals at the same time you downloaded and installed the new test patches. It could be a coincidence.

yes ths is what i mean , on teh original Z version the wheel works perfect . , i start having these issue with the test patches xD
Blackwood GP Reversed

T2 - T3 = It shows always Yellow Flag for no reason
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Blackwood GP Reversed

T2 - T3 = It shows always Yellow Flag for no reason

There was the bug before Z13 as well.
-
(kubsztyk) DELETED by kubsztyk
I don't know if this bug has been found already and if it's known - driver's hand crossing through the door. Screens with LX6, I haven't checked it with LX4.
Attached images
hand_through_door.JPG
hand_through_door2.JPG
Well known (and annoying bug) which happens in both the LX6 and LX4.
Its an easy fix, but it seems the devs are trying to fix more important issues atm.
Quote from kubsztyk :I don't know if this bug has been found already and if it's known - driver's hand crossing through the door. Screens with LX6, I haven't checked it with LX4.

Lx4 have that problem from Z4, but not sure have in original Z patch
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG