The online racing simulator
In my experience of the (a?) slowdown issue (I've previously mentioned it in this thread) there was no HDD activity at the time.
I got a slowdown to IIRC 10-15fps at the same two places in AS5, every time I drove through or stopped at those areas.
The issue only happened on one of my systems (running part of the Revolution pack) only in Z13, only in multiplayer.
I've recently re-installed windows on that system, so I will test it again with various combinations of clean/backup installs of LFS.

Regarding the crash above, I got that for the first time last night. No idea if it's reproducible at this time. Apparently ntdll.dll crashes are usually caused by faulty applications or drivers, although I have no way of knowing which is to blame.

Faulting application LFS.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a03f459, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03824, exception code 0xc0000721, fault offset 0x0006a805, process id 0x116c, application start time 0x01c9ff59958edd70.
Quote from Scawen :That is also possible.

In my case LFS was running on my old computer with a quite full hard drive, and I've only ever seen this in that one run of LFS.

not as old as mine (2003 gateway)
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Blackwood GP Reversed

T2 - T3 = It shows always Yellow Flag for no reason

Quote from Flame CZE :There was the bug before Z13 as well.

I am not sure what you mean.

Sounds like a minor bug but I like to fix things if possible - is this easily reproducible?

Hopefully you can tell me a way to see the bug in single player with some AI, that's the easiest way for me if possible.

[ I'm looking at the small bug reports because there are a few now and I'd like to do a small test patch update ]
Running around BL1R shows a yellow flag for seemingly no reason. There was a post specifically about it quite a while back. Not sure exactly where, now since it`s been a while, but I seem to remember around T4-5 heading under the bridge. It has been mentioned happening elsewhere though.

Aha. Here`s the post - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35795

Think it was just after the Blackwood resizing, but like I said, it`s been a while :\
CTRA stopped counting yellows on BL1R because of this.
#431 - Aid
i just run few short races with 10 AI and it showed yellow flag only once, car which caused it was off the track with 2 wheels at T2.. i was spectating onboard of last car.. so no issue for me
#432 - Aid
i think this AI8 might have caused YF ... http://xs541.xs.to/xs541/09283/lfs_00000168yf662.jpg at this attached spr YF appeared at about 2'22.00
i was off the track about 10s earlier right at the back or the grid so i don't think i casued YF.. anyway is there any secret debug command that will let us trace what is happening in lfs?
Attached files
test2.2.spr - 1 MB - 433 views
When I used to see it, I was just heading out usually by myself in practise while testing textures. Never going off track, or onto the grass. Occasionally riding the kerbs a little, but not by much.
Scaven, i'm so glad to see that You finally alives on this forum hehe finally some posts :P
Have a good week guys!
Quote from Gudowski :Scaven, i'm so glad to see that You finally alives on this forum hehe finally some posts :P
Have a good week guys!

Scawen*

as far as I know, he always posts on this topic to know about bugs and such. Oh well.
Quote from Scawen :[ I'm looking at the small bug reports because there are a few now and I'd like to do a small test patch update ]

I suppose it's hard for anyone to know exactly what qualifies as a small bug in this case, but here's a shot:

When watching a replay that was saved server-side on a dedicated server (ie with the /save_mpr command or if autosave= was set to "2" in the server config) the skins will not be downloaded by the client. Regardless of what "download skins for replays" is set to LFS will just display "Can't load skin : [...]". This includes both car and helmet skins.

As far as I know the bug is easily reproducible. Just grab any replay that was saved on a dedicated server.

Example of mpr saved with the /save_mpr command.
Example of autosaved mpr.

Edit: Both replays were saved by a server running Z9.
Quote from RenvoN :Scawen*

as far as I know, he always posts on this topic to know about bugs and such. Oh well.

You not received my thinks about it well too.
Bug:

HLVC works in HL mode as it should and also if something is changed under Options-Controls it's impossible to save a replay.

HLVC doesn't work in regular SP mode, but changing Controls doesn't let me save a replay, too.
Quote from Scawen :I am not sure what you mean.

Sounds like a minor bug but I like to fix things if possible - is this easily reproducible?

Hopefully you can tell me a way to see the bug in single player with some AI, that's the easiest way for me if possible.

[ I'm looking at the small bug reports because there are a few now and I'd like to do a small test patch update ]

Well...I think it shows when someone infront drives pretty slow, then yellow flag is showen easily, but it just makes feel that it have be shown with no reason...but it is not the most important thing at the moment...I just tested it on Single Player and Multiplayer
Quote from Aid :i think this AI8 might have caused YF ... http://xs541.xs.to/xs541/09283/lfs_00000168yf662.jpg at this attached spr YF appeared at about 2'22.00

OK, thanks for this, I can reproduce the bug quite simply now - start 2 AI driving XF GTI at BL1R and if you follow the rear car you will get a yellow flag just before the bridge. The cause of the problem is that the calculation for "reasonable speed" is too simple. I see this is quite an important / annoying bug and I'm looking into it.

Quote from Renku :Bug:

HLVC works in HL mode as it should and also if something is changed under Options-Controls it's impossible to save a replay.

HLVC doesn't work in regular SP mode, but changing Controls doesn't let me save a replay, too.

From your description I don't understand the bug. HLVC should operate in hotlapping mode, not single player. Replay saving is prevented after changing some control options in hotlapping or single player mode because the replay would go out of sync. A warning should be shown in the top left corner if replay saving is disabled.
for slow car we should have white flag not yellow anyway
Quote from westfield bend :for slow car we should have white flag not yellow anyway

Wikipedia disagrees. Though on other sites I've seen that it can indicate "a slow moving vehicle," but I think that refers more to a slow moving foreign / non-racecar on the track.

Anyway, programatically determining which flag to show isn't nearly as easy as it sounds; a yellow flag to indicate some form of danger ahead (be it someone offtrack or a car moving slower than race pace for whatever reason) is quite acceptable as a compromise. In the case of this bug the check as to what is "slower than race pace" was simply too sensitive / wrong in that specific area of the track.
Quote from AndroidXP :Wikipedia disagrees. Though on other sites I've seen that it can indicate "a slow moving vehicle," but I think that refers more to a slow moving foreign / non-racecar on the track.

One reason why you should never trust Wikipedia

Appendix H of the FIA International Sporting Code says "4.1.2 Flag signals to be used at observation posts: e) White flag:
This flag should be waved and is used to indicate to the driver that there is a much slower vehicle on the sector of track controlled by that flag point."

So in LFS a white flag would be correct but hard to work out when to change between a white and yellow flag
Quote :The cause of the problem is that the calculation for "reasonable speed" is too simple. I see this is quite an important / annoying bug and I'm looking into it.

By the way:
When practicing flying starts behind a pacecar, half of the drivers get yellow flags when driving slow, even if they're all on pretty similar speeds.

This is annoying cause admins can't start the race by giving a GreenFlag as RCM. (as yellows would overwrite that)
Quote from Highharti :By the way:
When practicing flying starts behind a pacecar, half of the drivers get yellow flags when driving slow, even if they're all on pretty similar speeds.

This is annoying cause admins can't start the race by giving a GreenFlag as RCM. (as yellows would overwrite that)

Thanks, that is an interesting point and I've added it to my yellow flag notes. I hope to make the yellow flags more intelligent.

By the way, I'm not sure I can do that in the coming test patch, I looked into the yellow flag issue today and it's quite complicated to get good estimates, but at least it's on my notes and I'm thinking about it...
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, that is an interesting point and I've added it to my yellow flag notes. I hope to make the yellow flags more intelligent.

By the way, I'm not sure I can do that in the coming test patch, I looked into the yellow flag issue today and it's quite complicated to get good estimates, but at least it's on my notes and I'm thinking about it...

take your time my account is EXTREMELY MESSED UP!! PLEASE GET A MODERATOR TO CONTACT ME!!!
nevermind, this actually posted! it might be all set...i could not post or pm or add a smiley or anything. pm me if you want more details, doubt you will. (still cant use smileys)
i just remember the codes for some
Quote from logitekg25 :take your time my account is EXTREMELY MESSED UP!! PLEASE GET A MODERATOR TO CONTACT ME!!!

What do You mean Your account is messed up? O.o Just curious...
Hi,

just upgraded my system from A64 2Ghz (single CPU) to Phenom II X3 720 (tripple core 2.8Ghz) and I see strange behaviour regarding performance (FPS)

When QnC is enabled LFS is simply not able to enought stress the CPU to get to another powerstage so it would go to higher frequency. Not sure really a LFS issue but might be probably AMD QnC driver bug. Weird this was not happening on the older processor with same feature.

Another issue is regarding Singleplayer. Compared my FPS and in some place LFS give me less FPS then on older system. The system on my new rig is with fresh installed WinXP3.
The odd is then in every other game I gained significatn performance boost but not in LFS. Strange.

Also tried to set CPU afinity to only 1 core but no change at all.
Quote from Scawen :Replay saving is prevented after changing some control options in hotlapping or single player mode because the replay would go out of sync.

My problem was that I couldn't save a replay in SP mode after changing some control options. I didn' know about the out of sync part.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi,

just upgraded my system from A64 2Ghz (single CPU) to Phenom II X3 720 (tripple core 2.8Ghz) and I see strange behaviour regarding performance (FPS)

When QnC is enabled LFS is simply not able to enought stress the CPU to get to another powerstage so it would go to higher frequency. Not sure really a LFS issue but might be probably AMD QnC driver bug. Weird this was not happening on the older processor with same feature.

I did abit of testing with CnQ and lfs, even when the cpu is overclocked to 3.6 @ 1.4v (same cpu as above) the cpu stayed @ 800mhz no matter how long i played for but the fps stayed steady at 100.

There is only one suggestion i could give to slove the issue but it should not make a difference tbh is to put the power saving option onto performance then give that a test.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG