The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
Quote from John5200 :true! even if you enter the pits for example in the next lap...
btw... while looking to the side while leaving the pits, the indicator will disapear

here a vid to showing it.

Watching that vid, it makes perfect sense to me. You're facing the pit wall and the arrow indicator points towards the exit. You look right and it disappears because the exit isn't into the pit wall. You drive facing the direction of the exit and the arrow is gone. You look right and the arrow reappears, pointing towards the exit. No bug.
Quote from SamH :Watching that vid, it makes perfect sense to me. You're facing the pit wall and the arrow indicator points towards the exit. You look right and it disappears because the exit isn't into the pit wall. You drive facing the direction of the exit and the arrow is gone. You look right and the arrow reappears, pointing towards the exit. No bug.

lolz i fail! i checked it and looked into the other direction and you´re right

but imo.. i know that im driving straight
#53 - SamH
Quote from John5200 :lolz i fail! i checked it and looked into the other direction and its right

but imo.. i know that im driving straight

Okay, look at it another way.. the arrow is simple confirmation of the direction you're supposed to go. You have 3 points of view.. front, left and right. You quickly change between them and in there, somewhere, is an arrow pointing to the exit. That's all you need. And if you're going in the right direction, and looking that way too, there's no need for an arrow.
That progress seems nice. I tested it as well as in online as in offline, but i think i have a problem: when i tried to join a specific host, LFS crashed 2 times (at the same host). Iff i'll try again, i'm pretty sure this thing will repeat.
This didn't happen in Z10.
I'll get Z10 exe again, i hope that'll work

And BTW that host was z3 if it has any importance.
Quote from Ovidiu23 :I've expected for a little more content after 5 months of hard working, but better next time. No problems so far.

Well, I haven't been working hard on LFS for 5 months, as many people know I moved house and it took a long time to set things up properly before getting back to work properly (because I wanted to set things up nicely in our new house). However, other work has also been going on, on things that have not been released. I expect some good releases this year.

Quote from Gabriel B. :That progress seems nice. I tested it as well as in online as in offline, but i think i have a problem: when i tried to join a specific host, LFS crashed 2 times (at the same host). Iff i'll try again, i'm pretty sure this thing will repeat.
This didn't happen in Z10.
I'll get Z10 exe again, i hope that'll work

Please let us know if it does turn out to be reproducible, and if so, which host it was you were trying to join. Also if you can give us a crash address, in some cases the bug can be traced (if the crash is in LFS.exe).

Quote from SamH :Okay, look at it another way.. the arrow is simple confirmation of the direction you're supposed to go. You have 3 points of view.. front, left and right. You quickly change between them and in there, somewhere, is an arrow pointing to the exit. That's all you need. And if you're going in the right direction, and looking that way too, there's no need for an arrow.

Yes. And maybe interestingly, the reason I did it by view direction instead of car direction is because it did look quite strange the arrow pointing in the wrong direction when a sideways view was selected, and in the opposite direction when reverse view was selected.
#56 - senn
just tried it here on 3 hosts, Z, Z3 and Z10, nothing noted.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
#57 - senn
IIRC thats just a gfx thing, not a test patch related bug. i'm pretty sure...
No probs/glitches noticed by now on two different machines
-
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Sorry, I don't understand you well. Are you saying that the error is from my gfx card? but I don't have this bug with Z patch.

It is a known bug, not a problem at your end
-
Quote from Scawen :
Direction to turn is shown when leaving pit garage

Could this be shown with /cruise yes, please.
#61 - senn
i seem to recall that bug first being reported about the same time as Anti Aliasing was introduced (along with the white lines that appear in the track @ the texture joins. I could be wrong tho, anyone confirm?
Quote from Krammeh :Could this be shown with /cruise yes, please.

Your LTC Demo server forces to drive wrong way in BL1 pits. So it will be wrong.
Quote from Shadowww :Your LTC Demo server forces to drive wrong way in BL1 pits. So it will be wrong.

I know, it's not meant to, wrong track config :P
Quote from Scawen :However, other work has also been going on, on things that have not been released. I expect some good releases this year.

Thanks for the good news!
woohoo, dev's back in action \o/
I cant get in S2 for some reason, just had to re-unlock my LFS, then when it was activated, i joined a server and it said - Server is S2 - :wtf2:

E: Fixed by itself..
Thank you.
Quote from Scawen :Well, I haven't been working hard on LFS for 5 months, as many people know I moved house and it took a long time to set things up properly before getting back to work properly (because I wanted to set things up nicely in our new house). However, other work has also been going on, on things that have not been released. I expect some good releases this year.

I'm sure about that... by that post I've just wanted to make you tell us some words about other things you're working on LFS. Just wanted too look dissapointed, I ain't.
Nice work, thanks
Everything works well here. I checked all the fixes and they all work for me, no issues.
Everyting works here too. You can now release Scirocco :P.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :As simple as the idea is, the arrow for exiting pits really is a great little feature. Even experienced LFSer's can join a server and suddenly question themselves over whether the track was standard or reveresed...

Or even worse, I often sit in the pit and don't remember which track configuration I'm on, (in order to choose the correct setup).
Many times, if not always, I query LFSWorld for my PB, so I get the answer with the track's ID, then get back in the garage.
I think this is mostly due to the different "codenames" ("BL1" for setups, and "BlackWood GP" on server list).
Ok, we all know Blackwood, but when I'm on the other tracks (Fern Bay, South City...), I just don't know if, for example, Fern Bay Green is FE1, 2, 3 or whatever...

Maybe another area to be improved with a clever little idea ???
Found bug
Attached images
Be pavadinimo.jpg
Be pavadinimo1.jpg
Be pavadinimo2.jpg
Be pavadinimo3.jpg
Attached files
Filmas_0001.zip - 1.6 MB - 375 views
Filmas_0002.zip - 1.7 MB - 382 views
#74 - senn
yeah re producable 8800GT alpha dog Core2 duo 1.8ghz

I dunno how important it is tho, it disappears only if you're in the right spot.
Quote from senn :yeah re producable 8800GT alpha dog Core2 duo 1.8ghz

I dunno how important it is tho, it disappears only if you're in the right spot.

Eeeexcuse me?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG