The online racing simulator
Quote from loopingz :The only strange thing is that it does not appear on other games...

Not so strange, really... LFS is a lot more CPU intensive than most other games due to the huge amount of physics calculation. Relatively small variations in background CPU usage can cause a big difference in LFS if the CPU is working hard to run LFS on its own. Most other games may show a few fps difference, but wouldn't be that noticable.

The fact that running LFS at a higher priority pretty much solves the problem would support the above.
Avih, I know that If I have LFS running and try to browse the LFS folders, especially skins and sets, that it takes ages, so maybe try deleting that shortcut for now to see if it helps
the player AIMP2 (minimized version) when LFS is in full screen its above it and i can see the player when playing lfs
Quote from BOSCHO :the player AIMP2 (minimized version) when LFS is in full screen its above it and i can see the player when playing lfs

Why would you want to see it?
btw, it's best player was ever made :>
found bug!!!

Skins:

About XRR skin, if putting for example, LFS logo to the wing, it will be shown UNDER of the wing and FZR and FXR shows it normally.

So I mean, if putting same logo on all those GTR car's wings, you get XRR wrongly and it is upsidedown of the wing, using Z13 patch and 0.6A Viewer. both have this problem
Quote from Shadowww :Why would you want to see it?

You've misunderstood what he said - he doesn't want to see the player above LFS he's saying that whenever he plays LFS in full screen the player is over the top of LFS - I think.

@BOSCHO - It might be a "feature" on the player? Check through the menus and options to see if there are any "Always on top" tabs that are turned on.

@UnknownMaster21 - I'm guessing that this isn't really a bug - its just down to the way the skin is mapped onto the car. When you make a 3d Model and apply a texture, you need to tell the model where each bit of the jpeg file goes onto the skin - This is called mapping - Scawen probably mapped the FZR and FXR in the same way, but just did the XRR differently.

So its not really a bug in the meaning of the word.

Don't take my definition of "mapping" to be true, I'm relatively net to 3d stuff but this is the way I see it working - or at least the way I've done it myself.
Quote from mcintyrej :

@UnknownMaster21 - I'm guessing that this isn't really a bug - its just down to the way the skin is mapped onto the car. When you make a 3d Model and apply a texture, you need to tell the model where each bit of the jpeg file goes onto the skin - This is called mapping - Scawen probably mapped the FZR and FXR in the same way, but just did the XRR differently.

So its not really a bug in the meaning of the word.

Don't take my definition of "mapping" to be true, I'm relatively net to 3d stuff but this is the way I see it working - or at least the way I've done it myself.

hmm...well, if thinking about that way, then it is only about to know of build of XRR skin, but at the moment, it have no sense in my opinion but I can handle this, just sounds so much of bug, because I have no see where Scawen have said about "XRR have different build of skin now" but no problem, I just thought
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :hmm...well, if thinking about that way, then it is only about to know of build of XRR skin, but at the moment, it have no sense in my opinion but I can handle this, just sounds so much of bug, because I have no see where Scawen have said about "XRR have different build of skin now" but no problem, I just thought

Well he wouldn't really need to say I don't think - this is a far-fetched guess but possibly the XRR rear wing is different because of the XRT skin? I've not checked but maybe the little XRT wing is mapped the same, and he wanted the evolution from XRT > XRR to be consistant.

Anyway, I don't think its really a bug - but I can see what you mean and how it sounds like one.
Quote from mcintyrej :Well he wouldn't really need to say I don't think - this is a far-fetched guess but possibly the XRR rear wing is different because of the XRT skin? I've not checked but maybe the little XRT wing is mapped the same, and he wanted the evolution from XRT > XRR to be consistant.

Anyway, I don't think its really a bug - but I can see what you mean and how it sounds like one.

You are right! XR GT Turbo > XR GTR = Sounds correctly right if we have XR cars this way Problem Solved IMO
Quote from Shadowww :Why would you want to see it?

its distracting
the function aways on top is not started
FYI, the mapping on the XRR probably changed when the XR models were tweaked not too long ago. There were also tweaks to XF and a few SS models at the same time.
Quote from BOSCHO :its distracting
the function aways on top is not started

Uncheck this.

Attached images
topmost.png
Bug [probably not Z13 only]
Just on FM FOX server atm, and found this rather nasty bug [well, I'd call it a bug]

We're on KY NA, and my race set has R2s all around [Qual has R1s]. Got taken out at T1, so went round to pits, repaired damage and put R1s on all around, as there's only 3 laps left and the grid is set by FL time, so I wanted to get as far up as possible for the next race. That was ok, got to the end of the race, parked up and waited for the restart.

Race started, and I was overtaking people around the outside and everywhere, looked at my tyres, and found they were still R1s, not R2s as they should be [F12 was still showing my KY NA Race set].

Needless to say, I did a Jeremy Clarkson in overtaking everyone in the first two laps, then got overtaken by everyone again when my tyres overheated :doh:

Bug: Unless you pit [as in shift-p] at the end of a race, any setup changes you make at a pitstop in the race before carry over to the next race.
Quote from J@tko :(...)

I'd say that's the way it should be. Keep in mind that only spectating removes you from the race, pitting is fine
Quote from J@tko :Just on FM FOX server atm, and found this rather nasty bug [well, I'd call it a bug]

We're on KY NA, and my race set has R2s all around [Qual has R1s]. Got taken out at T1, so went round to pits, repaired damage and put R1s on all around, as there's only 3 laps left and the grid is set by FL time, so I wanted to get as far up as possible for the next race. That was ok, got to the end of the race, parked up and waited for the restart.

Race started, and I was overtaking people around the outside and everywhere, looked at my tyres, and found they were still R1s, not R2s as they should be [F12 was still showing my KY NA Race set].

Needless to say, I did a Jeremy Clarkson in overtaking everyone in the first two laps, then got overtaken by everyone again when my tyres overheated :doh:

Bug: Unless you pit [as in shift-p] at the end of a race, any setup changes you make at a pitstop in the race before carry over to the next race.

Isn't there a 'bleep' and message saying 'setup saved' when you make changes in the race? So, yes, it's normal the setup is changed and will stay that way in the next race. Something like this needs a discussion, keep the changes temporarily or save them to the setup..
Quote from J@tko :(...)

Few days ago, I leave pit with four R4 tyres, change to R3 in the pit stops, and sent the setup to someone. He received a setup where the four tyres were R3

Quote from -V-Max- :(...) keep the changes temporarily or save them to the setup..

If you change something into pit stop, and then you enter into garage, none of the change have been saved, so...Why this changes are saved after a Race Restart or if you send setup?

It should reload the original setup again
Quote from Napalm Candy :Yes, but the problem is, if devs modify 3D car, hotlaps will be invalid, and they don't want that. Scawen is searching way to prevent this. I hope it will soon

That's not true, you would be not able to play online then. But I used to play a ae86 model on lfs before online. So, hotlap would also work then. What you've heard not totally not true, or bs.
He isn´t searching for a way to prevent this. He just waits until he has enough new stuff for an incompatible patch because it would get incompatible with the fix anyway.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :He isn´t searching for a way to prevent this. He just waits until he has enough new stuff for an incompatible patch because it would get incompatible with the fix anyway.

vob edit doesnt make patch incompatible with older patch.
But i´m sure he posted that somewhere. Maybe he has some other changes in mind.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Just makes me really laugh when I see someone like Chudy come and solve problems like red/white barriers and this tyre thing. Kudos to you
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by franky500
-
(BlackEye) DELETED by franky500
-
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by franky500
-
(BlackEye) DELETED by franky500
-