The online racing simulator
I noticed a bug when skinning, Im not sure if this is test patch related but its still a bug.

When you save a skin as xxx.jpg.jpg you can see it in the pits, but not ingame. Just a little thing but sometimes photoshop does that =/

Solution :
Either dont show skins with .jpg.jpg ingame
or ???
Hey Devs, the wine problem just started with these patches, I've been using Z, I've tried all the others too...

I use FreeBSD and I used to keep up2date with wine versions, then I started using windows for work, back on FBSD again.

LFS Is stable and performance is decent, something with the barriers slow down lfs, can you also make the barriers more real instead of making you fly? I'm sure they could be fixed... no idea why it slows down lfs, doesnt it even on windows?

Anyways good job, want wait for vws, looks like some things were improved visually
Quote from pik_d :There is no dual core Pentium 4 which is what Shadowww said. Pentium Ds (of which you can get dual core processors) are not Pentium IVs.

Danny LFS said he has a Pentium IV dual core, which I can assure you that he doesn't. He *probably* has either a Pentium 4 HT 3.0 (Northwood), 3.0E (Prescott) or a 530/530J/531/630/631 (also Prescotts) which are hyper-threaded and shows up as having two logical cores in the task manager or he has a Pentium D 830, 925, or 930, all of which have two physical cores.

It might be that. But I only get FPS problems in Z13. Never happened with any previous test patch (Z10, Z9, etc.), nor with the normal Z.
Quote from cmanns :Hey Devs, the wine problem just started with these patches, I've been using Z, I've tried all the others too...

I use FreeBSD and I used to keep up2date with wine versions, then I started using windows for work, back on FBSD again.

LFS Is stable and performance is decent, something with the barriers slow down lfs

check your video card drivers, and dri/drm/mesa/xorg-server.
The ABS seems to act a bit similar to the way the ABS in my Z3 did before I disabled it.
Quote from Flame CZE :The second one was already reported by me here

:bump: i know, i made that on purpose, and it worked. if you look into your thread, you ll see that it got fixed now

EDIT:
Quote from jonny__27 :back on-topic:

On the "!!! UER-Racing#3-Demo" server, at BL-Rallycross, car is XFG. When finished the race I pulled the handbrake and went sideways through the wall. Through the race the car had some streering damage (with centered direction the streering wheel was 45º to the left) if it is any help.

old bug (and one of my fovorits too ), not test patch related.
Quote from cmanns :Hey Devs, the wine problem just

I really dislike windows-os, but i will run into a lot more problems in trying to run windows apps(games lol) on other operating systems then just running an recent microsoft OS. Also because it is nearly always unsupported and for small software developers really a waste of time to support platforms for which the software was not written or intented.

My opinion is, if you run an windows application on linux you are on your own if there are problems.

(this post is not intented to critisi linux, jus annoyed people start complaining: Application build for Operating system X is difficult to get it running on Operating system Y. Well duh!)
The ingame anti-aliasing control doesn't seem to work in Z13 even though the anisotropic control operates as usual.
Could be a gpu-driver related issue of course (7600GT AGP with Forceware 185.85 here)
first post by scawen:

Quote : ABS brakes have been added to 5 cars (as a setup option) so for now you cannot upload hotlaps made in Z13.

Quote from Intermediate07 :damn

well I think i have to download lfs again to do hotlaps... -.-

The only file you need is your LFS.exe from version Z.

I hope you kept that, because in the first post I wrote this :

Please keep a backup of your LFS.exe from version Z so you can go back to Z if there are any problems.
Quote from Scawen :The only file you need is your LFS.exe from version Z.

I hope you kept that, because in the first post I wrote this :

Please keep a backup of your LFS.exe from version Z so you can go back to Z if there are any problems.

He could redownload Patch Z (or update to patch Z) and only use the file lfs.exe from it.
Quote from Bluebird B B :I really dislike windows-os, but i will run into a lot more problems in trying to run windows apps(games lol) on other operating systems then just running an recent microsoft OS. Also because it is nearly always unsupported and for small software developers really a waste of time to support platforms for which the software was not written or intented.

My opinion is, if you run an windows application on linux you are on your own if there are problems.

I agree with that. Running Windows applications is one of the things Windows is best in.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Maybe users can at least consider this before stepping up and reporting it doesnt work as desired under unsupported systems.

i took my beefs up with the wine devs... they just didn't do anything.

now i don't use wine anymore.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Got to agree there, and has had me quite bemused seeing more and more of reports of LFS not working correctly under linux etc.

Whether Scawen in anyway supports the idea of running LFS under linux (or any other non windows system) i have no idea, but i dont recall it ever being presented as anything but a windows based application, and with XP, Vista, and soon to be Windows 7 i would think Scawen has enough work on the compatabilty side without worrying about unsupported operating systems.

Maybe users can at least consider this before stepping up and reporting it doesnt work as desired under unsupported systems.

and to the others about unsupported OS's

Wine and such is a compatability layer, wont ever be perfect.

What I said to Scawen was to point out that Z, LFS Z, works perfect under wine minus maybe a texture going out of place, since Z issues are worse under wine.

Theres no issue with my drivers, dri, x, blabla. I'm going to update my ports soon and see how that is, I have latest nvidia freebsd drivers btw and it made no difference but seems to perform a little better.

The only issue is that the shadows seem to be two, and dont overlap right, and are square.

No idea what he changed with the shadows but I wish he'd put a option to use the patch Z shadows for us wine users, LFS is flawless under wine, I've had it open for days, racing, etc.

Only other issue is the barriers cause lag in high numbers like on autox courses, no idea why maybe it's a wine issue but I get a large fps drop on windows.

Only bothered to post these details for Scawen, his game works gr8 on wine and I'd love to see it stay that way.
cmanns, have you tried low shadow quality?

As workaround you may disable shadows.
Yes!
Quote from Shadowww :cmanns, have you tried low shadow quality?

As workaround you may disable shadows.

Low shadow quality looks even worse then high quality, I choose to use no shadows of course
may or may not be a bug, although this never happened in z or z10 so it could be. driving on AU1 layout.

Strange pole like object sticking out of my car, not visible in any other view apart from incar and not there in the replay i saved.

I was not able to reproduce it, it just happened randomly and was there for the whole race but went away once the race finished and restarted.

Radeon hd2600 pro (AGP) running omega 3.8.442 drivers if that helps.
Attached images
strange.JPG
IIRC thats a corrupted texture file. (is it from video card or installation?:shrug Reinstall usually works. I get the same thing in a specific spot on Aston. annoying.
Looks rather like an artifact of an overheated gpu. Try if it also appears in otther games.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Looks rather like an artifact of an overheated gpu. Try if it also appears in otther games.

I had this when I overclocked my old videocard after playing for some time, only there came more then just this one in the screenshot. But since he says it does not become more it could just as well be something else.

He could try to cool his pc more (open the case and put an table ventilator in front of it). If it doesn't happen then it's overheating.
Quote from danthebangerboy :may or may not be a bug, although this never happened in z or z10 so it could be. driving on AU1 layout.

Strange pole like object sticking out of my car, not visible in any other view apart from incar and not there in the replay i saved.

I was not able to reproduce it, it just happened randomly and was there for the whole race but went away once the race finished and restarted.

Radeon hd2600 pro (AGP) running omega 3.8.442 drivers if that helps.

Most likely overheating. My graphics cars also has such issue's, but never in lfs because lfs does not stress the gpu enough to overheat.
If your budget allows.. upgrade your system If your cpu is still somewhat up-to-date, there are agp ati 4650 cards available which might be perfect for your system(check first power requirements before buying)
Teeny tiny bug,

When the skin progress is on screen, if the skin name has colours in it, the colour translates into the progress info, eg:

Downloading FXR_[FFS]OMG_LOL_11 (8/20)
Downloading HEL_[FFS]OMG_LOL_11 (9/20)

Either strip out colours or force the grey colour in the progress info.

'viva la LFS
That also used to happen in the messages in the top left even before the progress indicators were added.
Quote from JasonJ :Teeny tiny bug,

When the skin progress is on screen, if the skin name has colours in it, the colour translates into the progress info

There should be ^8 to prevent this I think - like this:
Quote :3g_ding_x_x Downloading Skin : %s_%s^8

Edit: Scawen, I know that the following bug is not test patch related but I think that is could be easy to fix.
In couple of languages, the F12 menu (when spectating a guest) is too narrow to show the row with tyres, so the end of the line is not visible; this is when the tyres are road_normal in front and in the rear, too.

These languages are involved: Catalan, Czech, Castellano, Italian, Greek, Polish, Croatian, Slovak, Galician (Galego), Slovenian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Bulgarian.

Quote from cmanns :Low shadow quality looks even worse then high quality

Whel duh....
and al my VWS skins after a certain date wont load?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG