The online racing simulator
Love the patch thanx for the update devs!
I don't recall the Dirt being mapped per each tyre pad (ie uneven amounts of dirt on each pad, as the tyre rotates) in Z10. Is this a new feature in Z13?
Quote from senn :I don't recall the Dirt being mapped per each tyre pad (ie uneven amounts of dirt on each pad, as the tyre rotates) in Z10. Is this a new feature in Z13?

It is all the same in Z and in Z13 at me
Problem today for me - I'm not using Z13 though I'm still on Z10.

I was driving around using mouse & keyboard, and I hit the sound reinitialisation key by accident. Now this was when I was at high revs in the BF1 - I think this is crucial to what happened next.

Straight after that the sounds went really high pitched. After a while of beeping the horn in the tin tops I realised that it was playing all of the sounds inside LFS sped up - as you'll see from the video when I use my Ghost busters horn, that's normally perfectly in time and in tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZjOzr7iZUs

Video is processing - up shortly.

This doesn't happen with any other programs, or the patch Z version of LFS I use for hotlapping.
but were now testing Z13 so try that to see if it still happens
Maybe it will get worse and start auto rick rolls!
I'm running patch Z13 for some time now on my system, works fine. Just to let you know.

System: Phenom 9850, Radeon 3870x2, 4Gb, 790FX, SB600, Vista64
I'm running patch Z13 for some time now on my system, works fine. Just to let you know.

System: Athlon64 X2 5800+, GeForce 9800GT, 4Gb, 780G, SB700, Seven64
Quote from Danny LFS :Got a little bug here...

Almost everyday, about 80% of the time, when I disconnect from the Internet and play LFS offline, I get major FPS problems when running the game at full quality, even though my computer is pretty good. See my new PC's specs:

17 inch LCD monitor
Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU Pentium IV Dual Core 6.0GHz (3.0GHz per core)
4GB RAM DDR3
3 320GB HDDs (Total Space: 960GB)
NVidia GeForce 9800 GT (hacked for better performance): 1GB VRAM

As you can see, my PC specs are relatively good, but I STILL get FPS problems for some reason. Anyone can help me?

Cheers!

Lmfao, where did u get that proceccor? ... Aargh, people still dont know that 2 cores doesnt make it from 2Ghz to 4Ghz. And Dual Core sux, Core2Duo is much better. And ... videocard - hacked? XD ... No comment

Anyways, ontopic. As u dont know much about computers, i assume that u randomly have fun with windows settings when ur bored. Right? Check your nVidia control panel and look up for the "multisampler" area. If thats on, switch it off - fixed my problem ages ago when i was experiencing fps problems.
Quote from Shadowww :Trust me, 1.6 Core2Duo performs BETTER than 3.2 P4. So really it is as fast as 3.2 and even faster.

Sorry for offtopic, it all depends on L2 Cache. If my 3.2P4 L2 Cache is 4mb (wich is max for p4, i guess) and your 1.6 Core2Duo is 4mb, L2 2mb per core ... I will win. Simple. Sorry again for offtopic and double post (if i can name it like that)
OT
Quote from hazaky :Sorry for offtopic, it all depends on L2 Cache. If my 3.2P4 L2 Cache is 4mb (wich is max for p4, i guess) and your 1.6 Core2Duo is 4mb, L2 2mb per core ... I will win. Simple.

You can't compare different CPUs just by the cache sizes. That's nonsens.
It's not that simple.
It depends on what tasks you mostly use your computer for and if you are running multiple simulataneous tasks or not
or use all cores (if you got more then one) or not or if you can perform more instructions per clock cycle as the other or not etc. etc. etc.

Quote from hazaky :
...Anyways, ontopic. As u dont know much about computers,..

Made me laugh
Quote from mcintyrej :Straight after that the sounds went really high pitched.

I've seen more or less the same problem a couple of times in the last few weeks. I usually notice it right from the start, even the menu music is sped up. When it happens, closing Z13 and reverting to vanilla Z does not help.

OTOH tele-pitting (e.g. from hotlapping mode), then going back on track the sounds are fine again. It lasts until I shift-F4, then the sounds go bad another time. If I try to play anything on fb2k, only static comes out. But closing LFS and playing something fixes it altogether.

FTR my sound card is an X-Fi XtremeMusic, the driver version from the properties is 6.0.1.1368.
Al of the f command keys like f12 and f9 seem to not werk here never happend to me with z10.
When i pres them i get not tyre temps or whatever.

If you need specs of my pc scawen just say it and il give em

EDIT:
They also dont work ofline or in any game mode so they dont work ingame for me.
So i cant pres f9 to get my tyre temps or other f keys for any other data
I recall having problems with keys 5 & 6 (adjusts fov). Could be related or maybe just my computer
I have had a problem simlar when using fraps. Bottomline another program active uses same keys.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I have had a problem simlar when using fraps. Bottomline another program active uses same keys.

I think i fixed it wil try it out tomrrow
#267 - Aid
just found shadow bug at south city town (and others im sure) there is a shadow on a barrier that can't exist in pitlane exit

Out of Fuel bug,

Ey, i was watching a m8 from me driving in the server and i found out that there is a differance from hearing that the car is out of feul and that the car is Really out of fuel.

I have add a .mpr from what happend:
At 14 min 10sec = spectator out of fuel
At 14 min 17sec = car out of fuel

I found out what the biug is
If you drive you tank empty you can still drive on 0.0% (to drive the last 0.04% out of the tank)
At the moment the car shows he has 0.0% left the spectator his sound turns in to the "no fuel sound".
Attached files
outoffeulz13.mpr - 336 KB - 427 views
Quote from hotmail :Out of Fuel bug,

Ey, i was watching a m8 from me driving in the server and i found out that there is a differance from hearing that the car is out of feul and that the car is Really out of fuel.

I have add a .mpr from what happend:
At 14 min 10sec = spectator out of fuel
At 14 min 17sec = car out of fuel

I found out what the biug is
If you drive you tank empty you can still drive on 0.0% (to drive the last 0.04% out of the tank)
At the moment the car shows he has 0.0% left the spectator his sound turns in to the "no fuel sound".

yeah, seen that lots of times in the demo servers... and it´s old as lfs i think. i first really mentiond that in patch Y, i thougt they use nosmode xD
I stil have the uusie of the Fkeys not working ingame and its realy pisses me of al things I could think of I tried.
But without any result migght this be an actual bug in my LFS?
Function keys working here. Do you have a Microsoft keyboard? F-Lock is enabled?

Also check you still have binds assigned to F-Keys in the GAME MENU inside LFS.
F keys work fine here too, haven't had any prob with this on Z13.

EDIT - Jason, i didn't think the F keys were re assignable, am i incorrect? Be awesome if i could bind some to my X52 lol
Quote from JasonJ :Function keys working here. Do you have a Microsoft keyboard? F-Lock is enabled?

Also check you still have binds assigned to F-Keys in the GAME MENU inside LFS.

I have a logitech m keyboard 600

The weird thing was in z10 it was fine
I've had an issue with F10 and F11 on this laptop since I bought it with LFS.

They work in other games [e.g rFactor] but not LFS, so I end up typing /press F10/F11, or just press my wheel button. A fresh dl would probably help but I cba.
I have not enconutered the same problem
Remember to save skins and setup if you installing it fresh, not fun to lose all those skins
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG