The online racing simulator
Chair simulator: :Eyecrazy:
Z12: :Eyecrazy:
Car menu....

But seriously, that rocks! I hope we will get an public version soon, and this thread is gonna be history, unless there are alot of probs with it. But seeing as they worked with the car for almost on year, I see this as very unlikely.
It's going to drive like the XFG except be heavier therefore probably slower, no need to get hyped over it imho... but it will still be exciting.
To the guy above me, that is strong sexual content ( Your Avatar ), i'll be reporting it very soon. Or AMB

By the looks of that, it'll be here this friday most likely
Quote from runeman :To the guy above me, that is strong sexual content ( Your Avatar ), i'll be reporting it very soon. Or AMB

I've seen worse posted on this forum
Why the hell everybody can drive VWS except us, LFS players? It's not fair . Btw. I want Z12 ....

Quote from runeman :By the looks of that, it'll be here this friday most likely

Yeah... right . Personaly I don't want to believe that... because if there won't be a Scirocco on Friday i won't be dissapointed .

Quote from AMB :It's going to drive like the XFG except be heavier therefore probably slower, no need to get hyped over it imho... but it will still be exciting.

Nope, it's power to weight ratio is much better than XFG, but of course it's much worse than TBO class.
Quote from Byku :Why the hell everybody can drive VWS except us, LFS players? It's not fair . Btw. I want Z12 ....

It's called closed beta's.... which are all tested out in Germany. Probably because they are dominating the LFS community.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :We just have to read it one time to be disgusted by some aspect of LFS community.

yer i agree but its how people are now days
Quote from Byku :Why the hell everybody can drive VWS except us, LFS players? It's not fair . Btw. I want Z12 ....

You should have already guessed why by reading this thread...

"ZOMG I WANT THE SCIRCOCO NOW!!!1111!!1"
"WHY IT WANST RELEASED YET///"
"its been 2 monts, twenty days, foUR HOURS, FIFTY MINUTES AND FOURTY THREE SECONDS AND WE STILL DONT HAV TEH SRICOCCO!!"
<insert_complaint_here>
[/thread]

Edit: there's also the closed beta thing
Yeah i know , i'm just joking . It's good to see VWS, can't wait to drive it . BUT REMEMBER DEVS! TAKE YOUR TIME AND MAKE IT PERFECT(or at least close to perfection :razz!
Scirocco GTR???
Hello my good friends in the great LFS community

i was just scanning the forums as you do and thought to myself i would really love to see the FXR have some close competition, then all of a sudden i come across this, http://www.virtualr.net/vw-scirocco-2008-new-previews/ . i would love to see this in the Real Man's Game, errr... i mean Simulator . Maybe one day we will see this monster in LFS??????

Also maybe the scirocco is not going to be out in the early 2009 and think a little later than early and it will come around quicker so if we all get to racing cruising crashing whatever your good at then this brilliant car will come around quicker for all of us,, as they say "i wants dont get!"

Regardz,

Tur8o
There have been so many posts regarding a GTR Scirocco, I suggest you either use the search function or head over to the Scirocco discussion thread also in General LFS Discussion.
and check out my gtr model in 3d renders section
I'm guessing friday it'll come out. I mean after seeing that... It looks like it must be close. Unless they're still testing it.
lol... im sure their testing it...
Geez, you guys need to go outside and get a life...

If i was Scawen and saw threads like these, I'd make it a point to never provide status updates just because everyone complains at every little thing (It wouldnt surprise me if thats what they are doing now). Scawen and Eric have already said NUMEROUS times that they work on their own schedules - If you don't like it.. go outside and take a deep breath of that thing they call "FRESH AIR" - seems like a lot of you don't even know what that is anymore...
i have gone outside, and played Rigs of Rods massively lately. but we should stop anticipating this only car as much as we have...
Quote from teedot :Geez, you guys need to go outside and get a life...

If i was Scawen and saw threads like these, I'd make it a point to never provide status updates just because everyone complains at every little thing (It wouldnt surprise me if thats what they are doing now). Scawen and Eric have already said NUMEROUS times that they work on their own schedules - If you don't like it.. go outside and take a deep breath of that thing they call "FRESH AIR" - seems like a lot of you don't even know what that is anymore...

I agree. It's stupid, all the fuss and commotion over a patch for what is basically, a game. There's only a small minority that are constantly fussing over the patch. Talking about it is fine, but there're people who seem hellbent on spamming the forums with "OMGZ I WANTZ SCIROCCOZ"...

Just because it may appear "close finishing" doesn't mean it is. After all, how can you tell how the car handles, how it's electronic systems are and generally how 'finished' it is. Sheesh.
Quote from runeman :To the guy above me, that is strong sexual content ( Your Avatar ), i'll be reporting it very soon. Or AMB

the second coming of christ or a lfs patch? my money is on the messiah.
Do they have a desert mod and some custom tarmac textures or we are going to get some Fern Bay update in 0.6A?
Maybe the devs let this guys to upload this preview so they don't need to post anything. 1 Picture (vid) means more than 10000 words.

Anyway from the vid i think many changes are comming.
the thing is they dont have to put ten thousand words, just a few sentences and screen shots every three weeks would satisfy every moaner out the i would reckon
Quote from Tur8o :the thing is they dont have to put ten thousand words, just a few sentences and screen shots every three weeks would satisfy every moaner out the i would reckon

That is a misconception. As I have witnessed it with other games, it's rather the more info is released, the more people moan and complain, especially, if info gets out too early and that particular feature is cancelled.

Also, it won't change anything, would it? We know the Scirocco is going to be released and there isn't anything more to say about it. You all know what happened when Scawen estimated a time of arrival, and you all know what's going to happen if he doesn't meet his "early 09" estimation.

I just can't understand what's happening in the heads of some people here. They act like the Scirocco is 100% complete and Scawen deliberately holds it back just to piss them off. I for one think that Scawen will be even more happy than we are once it's released, and he doesn't hold it back for no reason but the simple one that it isn't finished to a degree that's compatible with his vision of the quality of LfS.
I agree. If we hadn't been told about the upcoming Scirocco addition, people wouldn't be falling over themselves to get the next patch and would be waiting quietly like they do for every normal patch. More info is not always the best way to go. I'm happy to get a pleasant surprise.

Course, if I was a dev I'd be making shit up. Randomly posting about fake updates involving neons, Bigfoot tyres, bodykit upgrades and stuff. Just to mess with people. But I'm sort of mean like that
Agreed...

The more you tell people about an update, the more they want it. The longer before the launch you tell them, the longer they have to build up their expectations; so much so, that now everyone is thinking that they must be working on something more than just the Scirocco.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :It's called closed beta's.... which are all tested out in Germany. Probably because they are dominating the LFS community.

this video is from the Czech Republic and we got the Scirocco solely for the purpose of shooting this TV report (premiere will be on saturday 11.4. at 18.30 CET, here http://www.publictv.cz/cz/menu/4/online-vysilani/ (czech language, sorry, but I think english subtitles will be around soon ). It will be about LFS, how organised races are made over the internet, that it is possible to race with people all over the planet and about the connection of LFS&301 since the 301 works best with it from all the other simulators
Quote from Amynue :Do they have a desert mod and some custom tarmac textures or we are going to get some Fern Bay update in 0.6A?

Those are textures from the LFS Database, big thanks to the authors of those, we use them because of the added contrast... on the 301 there is an overhead projector with only 1024x768 resolution and during the day it was hard for people, who don't know the track, to find their way around as it was dark>tarmac, dark> grass, now its dark>tarmac, light>grass/sand...
Quote from Byku :Nope, it's power to weight ratio is much better than XFG, but of course it's much worse than TBO class.

true, its slower than the TBO class and easy to drive since its fwd has abs and traction control...
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG