The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Red card in the right bottom corner of his post?

touché... I didn't even know there was such a feature hence didn't notice the red card either.
Guys, think something like this:

You are one of developers, you usually post updates, but after some time there happens to be more and more whinning on the forum. You post a new update, and there is again whinning that something is wrong. After few months You discover that there is a lot of hostility on the forum. In the beginning of LFS there was quiet friendly atmosphere(yeah... i was a member from 2004, but i've finnaly bought LFS in 2007... credit card problems ), so it was pleasure for devs to post(especially non-lfs threads which were nice to read). Some of You(as devs) might be simply afraid to post things like "sry, can't make it, it will be delayed", because lot's and lot's of people will accuse You of being irracional/lazy or simply that You don't care about customers.

Now think that there wouldn't be such a hostility on this forum. Friendly atmosphere, and no insluting towards the devs. Surely they would post more frequently and it would be more pleasent to post here. Scawen said himself that such threads DO NOT speed up the development and only make this forum less pleasant place to visit! So what is the point of all that whinning? You are doing absolutly nothing to speed up the development, just making this forum a more hostile place. What if the only way to get more update reports, is to be more friendly and (somebody would say that surely) kiss their a**, just be a typical fanboy? Hell no? Well... if You will say so, consider the fact that by whinning You GAIN NOTHING. So maybe let's change our behaviour? Still don't want? Well... that would mean that You more likely care about Your own opinion than update reports.

Btw. If You still think that "You PAY, YOU WANT"... read EULA. There are all the answers.

Edit. Sarcazm IS insulting, so are those "funny" motivators.
Quote from Byku :Guys, think something like this:

You are one of developers, you usually post updates,...

goes wrong right to the beginning.

Quote from Byku :Now think that there wouldn't be such a hostility on this forum. Friendly atmosphere, and no insluting towards the devs. Surely they would post more frequently and it would be more pleasent to post here.

Since it doesn't affect developement and they don't care about such threads, what's the big deal about that?

Quote from Byku :You are doing absolutly nothing to speed up the development, just making this forum a more hostile place.

Because you think you are? Again, apparently nothing could speed up / slow down the developement, so what's your point?

Quote from Byku :What if the only way to get more update reports, is to be more friendly and (somebody would say that surely) kiss their a**, just be a typical fanboy?

This one just went into my favourite quotes.
And if you think I'm one of those who care more about their own opinion than update reports, then I must say you got that 'atmosphere' you were talking about all wrong.
yes the above is true, but they did mess up by posting news that it was going to be ready for last xmas.

They should atleast have a development blog, maybe with comments disabled so they don't get a lots of silly abuse. But having the front page of lfs.net with news from last december is pretty bad.
Quote from d1gp :
Because you think you are? Again, apparently nothing could speed up / slow down the developement, so what's your point?

Scawen said himself, that those posts simply make the forum a less pleasant place to visit. Simple as that. So what's the point?

And yeah, i've started in a wrong fashion.

Quote from d1gp :
Since it doesn't affect developement and they don't care about such threads, what's the big deal about that?

They don't(and thanks God, because I think they would be rather annoyed than motivated). The deal is that it is making the forum a less pleasant place to visit for the devs, that's the problem. Can't some people change the attitute? Is it so difficult?

Quote from d1gp :
This one just went into my favourite quotes.
And if you think I'm one of those who care more about their own opinion than update reports, then I must say you got that 'atmosphere' you were talking about all wrong.

Ok so... what i've meant, is that no matter how much we will moan we might not get any more progress updates, so maybe for a change we could try a different strategy? If our moaning is unpleasant for Scavier, and might simply make him less active on the forum, why should we moan even further? If the point of moaning is getting more progress updates, but we don't get them, hell... we might get even less progress updates, why should we continue with moaning? What's the point of it then? Moan for the sake of moaning?

Edit. For the first time having a discussion on LFS forum... damn... and i've already failed a little .
I place my bet for September
Quote from d1gp :Since it doesn't affect developement and they don't care about such threads, what's the big deal about that?

It affects the mood of the community. The devs aren't affected by stupid posts, like "the devs destroyed my christmas" and "lfs is dead", but these idiotic posts impact the community.

As a forum moderator, I make no apologies for occasionally removing deliberately trolling posts, abusive posts, generally nasty posts, sarcastic and negative posts, or posts intended to "motivate by insult". Nor do I make any apology for giving infractions for them, or for banning people who are clearly only here to bitch, moan and disrupt.

My priority is the well-being of the forum community which is clearly sick to the back teeth of all the whining from "dying swans". You don't have the right of freedom of speech on this forum, even if you think you do or that you should. Play nicely or don't play.
Quote from Byku :[snip]
Edit. For the first time having a discussion on LFS forum... damn... and i've already failed a little .

You're doing okay bro.
Quote from SamH :It affects the mood of the community. The devs aren't affected by stupid posts, like "the devs destroyed my christmas" and "lfs is dead", but these idiotic posts impact the community.

Well yeah, can't say I don't agree. And since I didn't post such things, I hope you didn't confuse me with someone else.

Quote from SamH :As a forum moderator, I make no apologies for occasionally removing deliberately trolling posts, abusive posts, generally nasty posts, sarcastic and negative posts, or posts intended to "motivate by insult". Nor do I make any apology for giving infractions for them, or for banning people who are clearly only here to bitch, moan and disrupt.

As a forum moderator, are you directly insulting me for 'bitching','moan' or 'disrupt'? Who's the one insulting?
And what about when it's your friends doing some sarcasm? Let me know please..

Quote from SamH :My priority is the well-being of the forum community which is clearly sick to the back teeth of all the whining from "dying swans". You don't have the right of freedom of speech on this forum, even if you think you do or that you should. Play nicely or don't play.

Maybe if you were more into that 'community', you'd know more about it

PS: If you think that worth a ban, then go ahead, what could I say? Just trying to express my opinion and as far as I know I didn't insult anybody, unlike many others here...
I wasn't referring to you, I was quoting you and answering you.

For the record, there is a difference between saying that someone is bitching and calling them a bitch, but if someone is trolling on the forum I WILL call them a troll. Is that too abrupt, do you think? I'm not really interested in pandering to the sensitivities of people who come to the forum to disrupt it. That would be rather silly, especially for a forum moderator, don't you think?
Quote from d1gp :Well yeah, can't say I don't agree. And since I didn't post such things, I hope you didn't confuse me with someone else.

Quote from d1gp :I'm sorry? Who here could miss a post made by Scawen? Do you have someone in mind? He makes like 3 posts a year, including one telling he has a new baby or one saying he's moving house. How could we miss it?

Oh dear d1gp, your signature is helping a lot.
Quote from SamH :I wasn't referring to you, I was quoting you and answering you.

For the record, there is a difference between saying that someone is bitching and calling them a bitch, but if someone is trolling on the forum I WILL call them a troll. Is that too abrupt, do you think? I'm not really interested in pandering to the sensitivities of people who come to the forum to disrupt it. That would be rather silly, especially for a forum moderator, don't you think?

Excuse me Mister Mod but you sound like what you think is inevitably the right thing.
Can't you have some what I call 'open mind'?

And Zeug please... What are you trying to prove here? I'll just stay polite and tell you to look another time at your post
I'll have to say though that I THINK I play less LFS, but I don't.
I'll just play MORE LFS when Scirocco is out.
So in my case, no Scirocco doesn't mean any drawbacks.
Quote from d1gp :And Zeug please... What are you trying to prove here? I'll just stay polite and tell you to look another time at your post

Sam mentioned "stupid posts" you said you didn't post any and I proved you wrong. If you don't believe me I'll just stay polite and tell you to look another time at Scawen's posting history.
lol i've already mved to rFactor.. no loss for u though just saying. I play online with my mate only though but it's still more fun, M1+nurburgring.. What more could a man want? I hate rFactor sounds though, but yeah. LFS feels better but it's boring.. This was kinda offtopic but seriously lfs needs to get more fun in it..
Quote from zeugnimod :Sam mentioned "stupid posts" you said you didn't post any and I proved you wrong. If you don't believe me I'll just stay polite and tell you to look another time at Scawen's posting history.

I'll just say that you're totally right so it will end. And will never post here again, so you could be happy now. One less troll at lfsf...
PS: And btw, you all blind fanboys seem so serene and easy going now that we know we're getting some updates soon. But I'd have so much wanted to hear your so-beloved-speech one year ago for example...
Bye. And have fun off course.
I really hope that this has nothing to do with blind fanboyism (or whatever it's spelled) but with the simply realisation that all the complaints, all the threads and all the other stuff won't change or speed up anything. All it does is creating a negative atmosphere.
I love how the ones acting as spoiled brats calling those who remain calm and want to maintain a good atmosphere in here "blind fanboys".

Honestly, who's the more fanatic? One who can just wait as long as it takes the devs to finish it, or those who go through various negative emotions because they don't get it now?

Really, some people in here need to relax.
I am relaxing, playing other game till update comes.. Not complaining..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I am relaxing, playing other game till update comes.. Not complaining..

Im with you best stratagie ever
Quote from ColeusRattus :Really, some people in here need to relax.

They're just passing through their 'rebellion against the system' phase, like poking fun at Scawen is going to change their world, yeah right.
Quote from d1gp :I'll just say that you're totally right so it will end. And will never post here again, so you could be happy now. One less troll at lfsf...

Oh, I see. You have no arguements anymore so you leave, just like in IRC. At least you didn't post a link to some 4chan picture saying "Idiot" here.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG