The online racing simulator
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Did the devs tell us this or did we just guess?

Yes:
Quote from Scawen :1) The compatible test patches had more bugs than expected. Although the recent graphical improvements had worked very well in private testing, when released to the public and tested by hundreds of people, it turned out that there were problems on some graphics cards. One of these has been solved completely and another has been partially fixed. There is also an issue where LFS sometimes causes a crash - this has not yet been resolved and there are some other minor bugs to sort out before we can release an official version

Of course its still on, why should we assume otherwise? Developing a game takes time, just be patient.
Just wait and we will see what this new patch brings. You never know they might be doing more things in this new patch. Maybe an adjusted track or maybe two cars. I don't am just guessing.

But just hold your horses and wait. Am sure were not going to be disappointed with this new patch. Just be thankful they are doing something
Did you even read the two posts linked to above you? Scawen said they are working on some things we know (pretty much just the Scirocco), and things we don't. Of course it hasn't taken 6 months to release a car, especially since the car was up and running at the Leipzig Games Convention at the end of August last year.

You complain about people giving silly answers, but maybe they are silly questions? Nobody here knows when the patch will be released, so there is absolutely no point in asking. Of course you're going to get a silly answer if you do

What evidence is there to suggest they gave it up? All LFS websites are still up, the master server is accepting connections and LFS World is still tracking stats. If they'd given up, would they still be forking out to keep these services up and running

(And BTW, my laptop isn't little. 17.5" )
I agree with you Dougie.

But they must do some more things than only "make a Scricoco":

- fix the known issues from Z10
- maybe include the ABS and ESP (on vws) info to hotlapping at LFSW + RAFA
- make the VWS car page at lfs.net
and lots more if they haven't done it yet.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :So if the car was up and running in August last year why couldn't they just release it then? ...

Simply because that VWS was made in a rush. It was far from perfection.
Quote from Raas89 :Nope.. they havent

And one other thing that I'd like to mention.. everybody is saying, that "oh.. WVS still has bugs"; " it's still being developed.." etc. Maybe it's not the scirocco.. there might be lots of other things delaying the realease.
Im waiting WVS as much as everybody else though.

Dude (not only you, but I think it has to be said), in here only a few people are actually moaning about the delayed release of the sciro. I think the majority is just keen on the / a new patch.
So don't throw everybody in the sciro-pot.

By the way: it's VWS, not WVS. once is accidental, twice is just having no clue.
It's VolksWagen Scirocco, you know. No one drives Wolksvagen, seriously.

Did I ever mention that I whish they added a different car than the VWS? It's sooo unexciting - just like most new cars. But of course I understand that - as they already had it ready for the Games Convention about eight months ago - it's no big deal to add it anyway... ... oh wait...
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :So if the car was up and running in August last year why couldn't they just release it then? (If you think thats a stupid question, just don't answer it, OK?) Ok they were silly questions, nobody really knows the answers to them. Maybe I should just shut up??? lovely LFS community

hmm, maybe they should have released it 6 months ago, unfinished and a huge chunk of people would also have GPU issues and couldn't run it and have to wait 6 months for a patch/fix.
This type of thing seems to work well for EA games.

This is why people should be patient.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :So if the car was up and running in August last year why couldn't they just release it then?

My best guess is a) Scawen didn't want to release a patch with just the Scirocco in it, maybe because it's just an unplanned extra b) the VWS would be updated in subsequent patches, but every time they do that, the sets have to be redesigned, the hotlap chart must be reset etc, so they din't want that to happen every other day.

As for the bugs, most I've seen (all?) were in the new shadow system which has zero, nil, nothing to do with the VWs itself.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :[...]Something must have seriously gone wrong, because it usually takes about this long to design a whole game yet alone one car.

wtf do you know about developing a game? There are only 3 developers and they've come a very long way to get LFS were it is now. It's not like 100 people are working on it constantly 24/7 like with big game companies..
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Just sitting on your little laptop telling everyone to be patient is very easy to do, but this isn't really helping anyone, if thats all you've got to say, please just don't bother.

Do you know how frustrating it is to see people like you, that don't bother reading the entire thread or other threads about the subject, that keep asking stupid questions and saying useless crap that's been said 1000 times?

Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 : I don't think there is anything to be patient for. I hope I am wrong.
But I think LFS is heading down the tubes.
If you are happy with waiting, good for you, but some people are not, and they have good reason not to be.

Go play something else in the meantime then..

Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Ok sorry, I failed. But I still think they should just tell us whether it's still on or not. Just so people like me can accept it and move on.

Epic fail if you ask me.. sorry..

Quote from zeugnimod ::feedtroll, IMO.

+1
It's just another impatient person who thinks they know it all..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's just another impatient person who thinks they know it all..

Impatient? *Takes deep breath*

That's the biggest understatement I HAVE ever heard.

Anyways, it's coming... No one knows when but when it comes it'll be here and ready. Early 2009 isn't over yet... But if Scawen gives a date... well you saw what happened last time. It's to my surprise that this thread has reached 1100 posts 95% of them "WHERE THE SCIROCCO", "LFS IS DEAD" "ARE THE DEVS EVEN ALIVE" "WHEN THE SCIROCCO COME"... And some other talk.

Mmm, they need to remove "Scawen" from the spell checker.
Seems to me that general development is what is taking time. Not that car per se. I wonder what stuff they have been working on.. Hopefully core fundamentals, such as the physics, sounds and graphics. The sounds have kept getting better over the years, graphics and physics too, but still some ways to go. The damage and more realistic transmission etc also keeps getting better. So that makes me wonder - what is next?
I find myself hoping for the patch to be released today as well, even though I will probably not drive the Scirocco for the coming week at least, as I race almost exclusively on the dMr server and this week's combo is the BF1 @ AS Historic

Still, it would be a nice surprise. And even though I have always agreed with the "the devs work at their own pace and it will come when it's done" philosophy, I have to admit that this patch is becoming a bit "long in the tooth" (or how does that expression go?).
it is a bit shocking how long this is taking, ive never known something take this long after the deadline.
what deadline?

Happy Easter Devs. Take a break and enjoy life.
I don't think we'll see anything released today, but the world lives on.
Yeah, it's suprising that people expect it to be launched on a holiday. I doubt the devs are working today...
We'll not have that patch today, tomorrow or next Friday... don't be so gullible.
Quote from GothaR_SVK :
I am not angry or disappointed, I just stopped to believe (in january I was pretty sure they release VWS in few days).

I thougth exactly the same... Now I think that will be release in 2009 chrismas
not quite that far it will be her by the end of April

because they said early 2009 by my calculation there is early mid and late so 12 divide 3 = 4 yes?. Yes!

April is 4th month therefor, this month

so dont think its not soon coz it is.
Quote from Tur8o :not quite that far it will be her by the end of April

because they said early 2009 by my calculation there is early mid and late so 12 divide 3 = 4 yes?. Yes!

You keep thinking that...
Quote from Dac :it is a bit shocking how long this is taking, ive never known something take this long after the deadline.

ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever?
Quote from Tur8o :not quite that far it will be her by the end of April

Don't be so sure
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG