The online racing simulator
#26 - th84
Quote from sinbad :GTi on a long Aston track

XFG / XRG on Aston historic is great, but yeah, people don't seem to want variety, those that do what a break from the norm race in the RSWC tonight
Quote from sinbad :So LX4 on gold rev is useless?

Quote :I guess people just don't like them.

So it's "useless" for them.

Quote :The odds that people will like new content for a long period of time are slim.

Yes. Absolutely. But that's the way humans are. But at least there IS a chance that something within any new content is attractive for a while, whereas variations of the old content obviously isn't.

For me personally the Scirocco is not gonna do the trick. It won't be that different from other cars.

I think I'd be more into something BIG in terms of realism like a greatly improved damage-model, weather, daytime... although I've always hated racing in the rain in GP3, hehehe.
Quote from Bandit77 :So it's "useless" for them.

I think quite often they just don't give it a chance because it's something different that they're not used to.
It will be released due to my birthday.. 25th of this month!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :It will be released due to my birthday.. 25th of this month!

Your birthday is on the same day as mine then.
Meh, I won a bit of applause in the 2008 community awards, how come it wasn`t released last week on my birthday. 1.5 billion Chinese and only one of me. Meh.
Quote from scania :Could VWS be a present of Chinese new year?

Yes it could be.

But there's more chance it won't be.
I also think it is quite strange..
The scirocco was planned on Mid december. It was almost done.
Now we are 1 month later and we dont hear anything from the devs.... Weird...
But in LFS new cars are released at christmas, so the VWS will more likely come at the chinese christmas
I hope it get released as a present for Chinese New Year or Australia Day
Quote from Vinnylegends :I also think it is quite strange..
The scirocco was planned on Mid december. It was almost done.
Now we are 1 month later and we dont hear anything from the devs.... Weird...

The Devs are on a vacation and there is nobody to hit the upload button.
who cares when its coming out. As long as we get the car am going to be happy. Just wait, and when it comes out we will not be disappointed

There is nae rush
Quote from 1993weeman :...

There is nae rush

Certainly right about that; over 6 months to develop one car is no rush by anyones standard.

(LFS = Live for Snails)
I don't think there is anything weird or strange going on, problems were found and they are taking time to fix, simple.

It will come out when it comes, every time a date is even vaguely mentioned some people think it's written in stone or something and they are owed that date....they've obviously not waited for the half-life 2 series.

This thread is just another way of asking when the VW is going to be out, should be locked like the others.
I'm itching to drive it!! But, it will be done when its done, it adds to the suspense not knowing!

Incidently, a thread about the VWS that hasn't been locked yet!
Why won't they release it already? It's not like LFS is on the brink of being finished any time soon so it doesn't need to be perfect yet, so why not release it now, and make updates to it later, like they've done to the XFG for example. I just wanna drive the damn thing already!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Why won't they release it already? It's not like LFS is on the brink of being finished any time soon so it doesn't need to be perfect yet, so why not release it now, and make updates to it later, like they've done to the XFG for example. I just wanna drive the damn thing already!

It's not that the car isn't done, it's that there are bugs in the patch that need to be sorted out first. Would you like them to release it now and as a result have a buggy version meaning you can't drive the car at all, while other people with a different hardware configuration might have no problems at all I shudder to think about the hundreds of posts and dozens of new threads started by people who get some sort of error because of some glitch in the patch.
Im guessing that they don't want the car to be buggy in any way as from what i hear VW themselves helped alot with detailed info of the car and for that reason the devs want the car to be as close to the real thing as possible, plus i would say that all these test patches that have been out contain adjustments needed for the VWS to be introduced and work properly in LFS. I would think that when the VWS comes it will be part of an official patch (for anyone who hasnt used the test patches) Including everything needed.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :so why not release it now, and make updates to it later, like they've done to the XFG for example. I just wanna drive the damn thing already!

IMO the VWS is already sorted out but Scawen after having postponed 0.6A looked at himself in a mirror and thought, Ok worst has already happened, so now I'm going on as if I had already released 0.6A.

With some luck we may see something within Q1, otherwise it's anybody's guess... I'm not holding my breath, just enjoying LFS as usual.
#47 - 5haz
Every time someone creates a Scirocco speculation thread, the Dev team put the release date back by another month.
I for one faithfully celebrate Saint Europe Day every 19th of October.
:doh:... /spam
Quote from NightShift :IMO the VWS is already sorted out but Scawen after having postponed 0.6A looked at himself in a mirror and thought, Ok worst has already happened, so now I'm going on as if I had already released 0.6A.

This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG