The online racing simulator
Quote from Shadowww :"Furiously-Fast sucks in comparsion to vari because he can't say something original"

Sorry, just had to.

*Looks at bingo list*

Nope, it ain't there!

Quote from Amynue :Who cares about iRacing? "iRacing sucks in comparison because LFS is much cheaper"

EDIT: Sorry, Furiously-Fast was faster :P

You bet I was!

In be-fo' teh lockz, y0!
Quote from Amynue :"Actually it's just a minor irritation, which doesn't affect development". So we can play bingo as we are bored to death of waiting for beautiful Scirocco.

Hence, if the next patch comes with an insulting banner directed to you popping up every 5 minutes on your screen, it won't be a problem: just only a minor irritation that doesn't affect functionality, right? illepall
Quote from NightShift :Did you people miss the post in which Scawen said they don't like motivational pictures?

I'm sorry? Who here could miss a post made by Scawen? Do you have someone in mind? He makes like 3 posts a year, including one telling he has a new baby or one saying he's moving house. How could we miss it?

Quote from NightShift :Since they own the game and the forum it seems both wise and respectful to avoid posting them, or should we assume you're doing that on purpose to piss them off?

So what? Let's just say all is fine, nothing's wrong.... That's the best way to go. And no, we're not doing that to piss them off, just for them to open their eyes. Since they didn't care that much about the 'written' stuff. And anyway, since 'it doesn't affect development', it's not that much of a problem, is it?
And I hope any dev won't read this and waste his time doing it instead of working on the game. Scawen, if you read this, Cheers :drink:
I don't really play LFS that often due to the fact im pretty bored with it, lack of updates/content doesn't really help either :/

When a new patch is released I always download asap and I start playing it over again until I get back to the boredom stage.

Everyone flames rFactor for being "crap" but I play it pretty much everyday, due to the fact the amount of new mods coming out keeps me more than happy.

Then theres netKar Pro and iRacing which I rate ahead of rfactor and LFS.

You can probably tell why I don't play LFS much now.....
Let it be known , that i love lfs ..as it is

BUT

Am I the only one thinking that the car we are all waiting for might just be the most overhyped news since jordans breast reduction ...?

2 months and its in the fbm pile ....

enjoy what you have already ! Its pretty fookin good
Quote from DoC_uk :Let it be known , that i love lfs ..as it is

BUT

Am I the only one thinking that the car we are all waiting for might just be the most overhyped news since jordans breast reduction ...?

2 months and its in the fbm pile ....

enjoy what you have already ! Its pretty fookin good

Yeah I agree.. all the fuss for one car that after a couple of weeks will only be used by cruisers as everyone goes back to GTR racing.
This will take some time to drive all the combos with Scirocco.
It'll be used for awhile.

It's coming soon. It shouldn't be long now, i'm guessing it's getting close... i'm almost thinking now it'd be nice for a status report... Even though quite some time back I said it was rude...

I mean... let me count the time.

It's been

3 months and 12 days

105 Days.

15 Weeks

Since the delay, it's gotta be getting close, Maybe within a few weeks.
For all the hype over this VW when it will be used for a few weeks then it will fall back in the shadows like all the sub GTR cars. I know all of you have to admit that anything slower then the FOX or FBM and you lose interest very fast. I did RAC today on the chicane and 10 laps and it just wasn't working. Going back to non slick tires isn't going to sit well with anyone. Getting out your super's and racing is the brink of forgot about it! Anyone who thinks they will race this car for months and months is lying. Dealing with crappy tires and slow speeds makes LFS feel like a snail machine.
Quote from d1gp :I'm sorry? Who here could miss a post made by Scawen? Do you have someone in mind? He makes like 3 posts a year, including one telling he has a new baby or one saying he's moving house. How could we miss it?

:feedtroll
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What's wrong with simply allowing users to choose between DX8 and DX9? That way you get no-one complaining from either side.

Besides, if your PC struggles to play LFS, then oh god help you..

Mainly becaus i think DX9 wold have higher poly models and that would cause mismatches?

But increasye the poly models slightly and make a dx8 and dx9 graphic mode sounds like agood idea.
But i seriously dont get why a game should be able to run on a buer low spec pc some peopel just need to realise they should go with their time
I think the biggest thing with having support for both DX9 and DX8 would be that, Scawen would have to maintain two versions of the graphics engine and it could prove to be a big time consuming task, because DX9 and DX8 are quite different. So in LFS case I think it's best just to stick with supporting one version of DirectX.
Moving on to DX9 (or even DX10) would be a good addition, because they are better than DX8. There is just one thing blocking the move to newer DirectX: The users who are still using old GPU which don't have support for newer versions. Even Valve insists on maintaining support for DX8 on Team Fortress 2, because there is a lot of people still using old graphics cards. And I think the userbase of TF2 is more eager to upgrade their computers than the userbase of LFS.
All in all, we are probably going to stay with DX8 for a loooong time.
Who can't run DX9? I know that the devs try to cater for old hardware, but if you can't run DX9 you have some serious hardware issues...DX9 was released in 2002. Also, according to Wikipedia at least, it's even backwards compatible with older cards (unlike DX10). You could still provide an option to disable all the new fancy settings for those with 8+ year old PCs, and the rest of LFS could use DX9. Surely it would increase performance on older machines also, due to better rendering techniques and what not
Yeah... great idea, and if we want night/day, lights etc. in S3, using DX9 would be the only solution. We've got only one problem, only Scawen would work on that, and it might be a huge task. So... if he will decide to implement DX9, people will have to be patient .
Quote :dx8 versus dx9

Direct3D 9.0 added a new version of the High Level Shader Language, support for floating-point texture formats, multiple render targets, and texture lookups in the vertex shader :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D

Looks like DX9 has more high level stuff implemented in the GPU and programmed via the enhancements to the shader language. DX9 cards are generally faster than DX8 cards. The poly count isn't going to be affected by DX8 versus DX9, except for the performance (speed) aspect of DX9 video cards. I'm not sure how DX9 would help LFS without redoing the graphics engine. Day, night, lighting, and shading are already in DX8, so I don't see any gains there, other than performance.

Wasn't this a VWS thread?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :DX9 was released in 2002. Also, according to Wikipedia at least, it's even backwards compatible with older cards (unlike DX10). You could still provide an option to disable all the new fancy settings for those with 8+ year old PCs, and the rest of LFS could use DX9. Surely it would increase performance on older machines also, due to better rendering techniques and what not

Backwards compatible here means that you can run DX9 features with software instead of using your GPU. Which is really really slow. It wouldn't increase performance, because hardware doesn't magically learn new tricks. Also disabling DX9 features for people who don't have support for them wouldn't work. You are either using DX9 or you are not, there is no middle ground.

Sure, 2002 was a long time ago, but that doesn't mean everyone has a DX9 gpu now. Maybe that group of people is not that big, but dropping DX8 support would still alienate a part of the userbase.

Besides we are not at the limit of what DX8 can do either. Night, day, rain etc. is possible with DX8 too.
Quote from d1gp :

Edit: Online at: Falken Drift Server, why the **** do you need FWD suck?
I think the 3 devs still ignore his Customers. "The Idiots(we) should be happy that he get wat we give. "
Thats hard spoken but, a better PR for the old (and all) Customers are necessary.
Just my cent...
Quote from Termi :I think the 3 devs still ignore his Customers. "The Idiots(we) should be happy that he get wat we give. "
Thats hard spoken but, a better PR for the old (and all) Customers are necessary.
Just my cent...

Show EULA part that states you will get update every second.
It doesn't, but an update about the progress would be nice. Last official info is still early 2009 on the LFS website.
its not mid 2009 yet,so its early still
Quote from e2mustang :its not mid 2009 yet,so its early still

If you have early, mid and late then april is indeed still early 2009.
Quote from Shadowww :
Edit: Online at: Falken Drift Server, why the **** do you need FWD suck?

I'm online on a drifting server so the only thing I'm interested about in that game is drifting or rwd? Well done sherlock..
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG