The online racing simulator
¬¬
I didn't think that there would be another thread asking the same (created just today), anyway it was asking about what will happen on 1st of April, however my post was to say that we are in 1st of April and the patch isn't released, there is a difference . But nvm.
Mmmmm, one day people will learn that if they forget about it, it'll come around quicker.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mmmmm, one day people will learn that if they forget about it, it'll come around quicker.

I forgot it, passed much time and remembered it again LOL
its almost reminicient of the west-racing glory days, ahhh, the good ole days of empty promises and missed deadlines.

oh my god, i just had a brilliant idea, how about you employ them. then we will know to expect stuff all on a regular basis.
Do you have a cat yet? and a webcam. important pieces if you want to emulate the masters of nothing.
Unlike things like West Racing, LFS is till very much alive, and has a living community.
comon mods or anybody who can shed a little light on this new patch for me & probly the rest of this forum.

The LFS developer team announced that the VWS is delayed and this was in december??

nealy 3 months now and nothing...

any dates, hints when its going to released? surely soon. i'm getting impatient lol

hoping the patch is worth the wait tho!
Don't think there is any more info yet daz, im gessing the reason the devs are being quiet about it is coz they are very busy working on stuff for it!
Lol, tbh, would you REALLY any legit news today even if they said anything? It's not even a Friday!
Quote from obzelite :its almost reminicient of the west-racing glory days, ahhh, the good ole days of empty promises and missed deadlines.

oh my god, i just had a brilliant idea, how about you employ them. then we will know to expect stuff all on a regular basis.
Do you have a cat yet? and a webcam. important pieces if you want to emulate the masters of nothing.

i remember those days, i was at school and i was amazed at the videos that they did.. i think i still have some on my PC somewhere.. they looked amazing!

i remember the car as well, white wasn't it?

this is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xt4uYj6dPE
My expectations are high up. I can imagine that modelling the car takes allot of work to get it on a level the devs like it. But I somehow think the 2 other brains are left with 'less' work (related to the Scirocco) so I guess there's a possibility we'll have a new track combo, new graphics, probably the rest of the new interiors?
Quote from -V-Max- :My expectations are high up. I can imagine that modelling the car takes allot of work to get it on a level the devs like it

Not really, the modelling in LFS is quite poor compared to most other racing games (not just sims) out there. Compare the models to rfactor mods like PCC07, Corvette C6 or CTDP F106 and such and you'll see LFS models are only at the tip of the iceberg compared to most things being released by people made in their own spare time for no profit at all! Even the recently released Touring Car Legends mod on rF has better models than LFS, and that's saying something!

Put it this way, put an LFS model into rfactor as a mod and without touchups the community will reject it as there is things out there that drive better and are better looking already available.

(and yes, I am aware running in DX8 + complex physics doesn't help)

*flameproof suit for saying what is essentially the truth, on*
Quote from -V-Max- :My expectations are high up. I can imagine that modelling the car takes allot of work to get it on a level the devs like it. But I somehow think the 2 other brains are left with 'less' work (related to the Scirocco) so I guess there's a possibility we'll have a new track combo, new graphics, probably the rest of the new interiors?

You dream too much lol.
Quote from mr_x :*flameproof suit for saying what is essentially the truth, on*

Eejit, you have no idea about LFS development!!

Good?
This is for all of you skeptics out there

Quote from Bob Smith :Even road normals give more grip than your typical road tyre, thus giving excess pitching under braking. Scawen is aware of this, and it might get adjusted so that the Scirocco does not unduly suffer from this issue (as the aim is for the fixed setup to be as close to real life as possible).

Quote from mr_x :(and yes, I am aware running in DX8 + complex physics doesn't help)

Also add to that a desire to maintain support for low-end machines. LFS is a model of efficient coding, and that extends to the car models too. There was much upset in the community when SO City detail was upped, along with a much higher-detailed bit of modelling in the FBM. Everything Scavier does seems to be with one eye on the framerate, for better or for worse. Scawen's said himself that LFS is a racing simulator and that screenshots are at most a secondary consideration. It's all a balancing act, and I don't think the lower detailed car models in LFS are accidental. They're efficient and not inadequate (unless your priorities are not LFS's).
What's wrong with simply allowing users to choose between DX8 and DX9? That way you get no-one complaining from either side.

Besides, if your PC struggles to play LFS, then oh god help you..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What's wrong with simply allowing users to choose between DX8 and DX9? That way you get no-one complaining from either side.

"can i run a full grid of AI please kthx?"

*waits on god*
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What's wrong with simply allowing users to choose between DX8 and DX9? That way you get no-one complaining from either side.

Because it's more work to update and patch two versions of LFS?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :"can i run a full grid of AI please kthx?"

Dual core support would make it much easier, especially for those who want to view replays afterwards. However AIs are regarded as a sort of extra (and indeed they are, but a useful one IMO), I wouldn't hold my breath.
Quote from SamH :Also add to that a desire to maintain support for low-end machines. LFS is a model of efficient coding, and that extends to the car models too. There was much upset in the community when SO City detail was upped, along with a much higher-detailed bit of modelling in the FBM. Everything Scavier does seems to be with one eye on the framerate, for better or for worse. Scawen's said himself that LFS is a racing simulator and that screenshots are at most a secondary consideration. It's all a balancing act, and I don't think the lower detailed car models in LFS are accidental. They're efficient and not inadequate (unless your priorities are not LFS's).

Sorry to say this, but what kind of low-end machines are we speaking about then?

Even my old 6-year-old pc can play LFS full detail @ 1600*1200 with 60fps.
That's a
P4 2.6
6600GT 128MB
1.5GB

My new poc does the same with 400+fps but still.. What pc of less than 8 years old can't run LFS on low settings at 1024*768?

An 8 year old pc belongs in a museum.
Ok, now I am starting to not believe that they release new patch with VWS until june-july. This is very similar to situation with Condor Soaring simulator, where was the next patch planned for December 2007 (yes, 7) and we still don't have it now. It started with same silence ov developers on official forum.
I am not angry or disappointed, I just stopped to believe (in january I was pretty sure they release VWS in few days).
I think its getting to be a little retarded on how the hipe is being portrayed about this damn car. A little wimper is let go about and it how many months will go by before we see it and everyone and their mother logs in to put in their two sense. I fold back onto what the dev's may think, I bet they sit back and laugh it up. This thread will be 50 pages deep over useless banter but I get a reprimand over making a joke over a stupid post and calling it before it got locked and I get a "demerit" point when this thread will be as I said 50 pages deep and I get a spam report. Unreal is all I can say.
Quote from GothaR_SVK :Ok, now I am starting to not believe that they release new patch with VWS until june-july.....

Please nooooo :guilty: I need Scirocco in the LFS.... and compare with the real life but... nothing...wait information

See u racers and sorry for my english
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG