The online racing simulator
I don't get it. Why all the fuss over yet another econobox car for LFS? How many players are going to spend that much time with the Scirocco a month or so after it's released? Seems to me that there must be other significant stuff in the next release that should be more important to most players.
Waiting...:Kick_Can_
Quote from JeffR :I don't get it. Why all the fuss over yet another econobox car for LFS? How many players are going to spend that much time with the Scirocco a month or so after it's released? Seems to me that there must be other significant stuff in the next release that should be more important to most players.

I think it is good to have this car in LFS. It gives us opportunity to try how could our RL cars behave on the circuit, it has reasonable power(will we have just 147 kw version or there will be option to change engine?) and more weight than XFG. Yes, not everybody has fwd car with ~100 kw, but I think, that most of the people have. It will also have realistic setup without chance to edit it and it is big plus for me.
Quote from JeffR :I don't get it. Why all the fuss over yet another econobox car for LFS? How many players are going to spend that much time with the Scirocco a month or so after it's released? Seems to me that there must be other significant stuff in the next release that should be more important to most players.

I agree. The Scirocco was, and to a lesser extent now is, a curiosity. I was interested in the set up limitations, and because new stuff for LFS comes along once every 4 decades. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't add much lifespan. I dare say we'd all have grown tired of it by now had it been released at christmas as planned.

The devs give us existing customers and long term players/fans so precious little new stuff, in a way it's not at all surprising that there is this hysteria whenever they do. Maybe in another 5 years we might get a track.
I expect it to be the best car the game will have.

Maybe you could even say a next-generation car for LFS. This could induce further development of the other cars already included. More complex suspension modeling and simulation of the electronics should make the cars even more natural to drive.

To be honest I don't play anymore because of lack of time. However I still love to follow this game's progress. It's got something special about it.
hi, so much to read.... guys, so is it known when devs are planning to upload scirocco for us?
Read, don't post. I'm now routinely handing out infractions for blatant spam.
Quote from sinbad :I agree. The Scirocco was, and to a lesser extent now is, a curiosity. I was interested in the set up limitations, and because new stuff for LFS comes along once every 4 decades.

IMO many are waiting for the Scirocco not only for the reasons that you've listed (which IMO are enough to make the VWS not just a curiosity) and for others I won't repeat again.

It's the simplest of reasons: everybody wants a new patch it's been ...what? 8 full months since the last one? 9? it's hardly surprising
Quote from TiricK :Waiting...:Kick_Can_

That's the whole point. It gathers up anticipation.

But for this long, it must be able to do anything a current LFS can do, like fly! Oh wait, any car can do that with a barrier anyway.
Quote from KuBeK :hi, so much to read.... guys, so is it known when devs are planning to upload scirocco for us?

No it is not known. It will release when it is done. I'd say even the dev's don't have 100% idea when it will be done. Programming always ends up with things going wrong and things not working out so delays are inevitable. Bugs appear that require recoding things you thought were ok.

Random analogy:
Programming is like building a giant skyscraper, except - you are almost finished and then someone says, "hey I want a lift on this side as well", so you have to disassemble half of the side of the building to insert a lift where they wanted it. Then they say, "no, I wanted a glass lift so that you can see the city as you go up and down". So you have to rebuild the lift AND the side of the building into glass which disrupts the entire building strength integrity requiring more structural work on the other finished side ONLY because the original spec was missing vital info. But in the case of programming, you don't have the luxury of the vital info at all because when you originally designed it, different technologies were available.

If you can't wait for Scirocco guys, try making your own.
scavier, my birthday is on April 2nd

</pathetic>
Quote from superslider :scavier, my birthday is on April 2nd

</pathetic>

Scavier, my birthday is on June 6th

I can wait
Quote from JasonJ :-snip-
If you can't wait for Scirocco guys, try making your own. -snip-

*Calls MagnoT*

Oh wait, he only makes drift cars.
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Battlefield Heroes and VW Scirocco

Two LOOOONG things to Waiting .

I am in the beta of one of them, and I can just tell you that for the one, the wait is not worth it.
Do your render/photoshops little better next time :P
Yours are fake xD
Quote from JasonJ :Then they say, "no, I wanted a glass lift that you can see the ciy as you go up and down".

Great analogy, the only problem with it is only Scawen who can say 'I want a galss lift there' as it is constantly reminded us on this thread and elsewhere
Quote from ColeusRattus :I am in the beta of one of them, and I can just tell you that for the one, the wait is not worth it.

I am sure you test BF: Heroes, that game is just bad copy of Team fortress 2
So, do you think on April 1st we will have some news by the devs about the Scirocco ? I mean it's gonna be the end of early 2009 !!

I'll laugh so hard that I'd probably pee on myself seeing all those people who forgot what day it is and got utterly annoyed by the joke !
Quote from Zen321 :So, do you think on April 1st we will have a big joke by the devs about the Scirocco ?

I'll laugh so hard that I'd probably pee on myself seeing all those people who forgot what day it is and got utterly annoyed by the joke

So bad there are people (like you) who remember ppl about April 1 U killed their joke Maybe some haven't read it
They're talking about april's fools in the news too, you'd have to live under a rock not to know. However if the hoax is good enough it will fool you nonetheless, maybe for not more than 5 secs, but long enough to put a smile on your face
Hehe I remember two of the best April-fools-day-on-a-forum ever. It was like in 2005, I was playing SWG (Star Wars MMORPG) at that time, and the webmasters of the website made up a fake interview/webpage informing us that the devs of the game made the game free to play ( no more subscription fee).

Everyone was "OOOOOooooooooohooooooo", then when you clicked on the link to register for that promotion, you got RickRolled (it wasn't there at the time, but something in the same spirit).

That was really well done !

EDIT : Plus, the guys really interested in the car don't read that thread, they start new ones, so...
1st April, without news
I'm not one of those that are crying all time for Scirocco, but today is the 1st of April, and we haven't news about a patch fixing bugs and Scirocco in months (supposedly released in early 2009), I think it's a bit worrisome, No? supposedly, Scawen started to work on it again on February or March. I don't think that it is necessary so much time to fix some bugs of a patch that is almost finished (for a programmer that really knows what he do). Yes, I know, he was moving house, but in his post he said that he would be back in second week of February (or third, ok... forth would be too...).

Does he connect to the forums? Is he allright?? That I hope .

I know that LFS developing is very very slow, but not so slow. Tell us something, tell us when you think release the next patch or how it's going, do it for all racers that payed a S1 and S2 license .

Greetings.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG