The online racing simulator
Quote from mtucker :
They should atleast have a development blog, maybe with comments disabled so they don't get a lots of silly abuse.

+1

no communication > hype and anger > less communication...etc
This is a vicious circle which can finally cause the devs to stop enjoying their project. LFS was built around a friendly relationship between devs and players from what I understood.

Community can brake the circle if everyone stop complaining at the same time and wait religiously.

Devs can brake it with a dev blog with comments disabled.

What is the easiest thing to do?
Quote from Matrixi :Sorry, I think I would have to take you up to court for claiming such a thing.

I got source code

OK, to make this post at least somehow useful, I will post this:

I hope LFS devs will make LFS VW Scirocco as perfect as this
Quote from Shadowww :

I hope LFS devs will make LFS VW Scirocco as perfect as this

CMX Viewer..?
Big LOL owned.
lol i was thinking it would be quite cool to have a VWS GTR and maby like spoiler and stuff few people have made some 3d models and rendered them they look quite gd maby an idea
Orly? ATM we don't even have a normal one so keep dreaming or smoking .
Quote from Juls :What is the easiest thing to do?

/me plays: Charles Ives - The Unanswered Question
Quote from Andrei221 :Orly? ATM we don't even have a normal one so keep dreaming or smoking .

lol we will get it one day in the next 110 years
Quote from R3DMAN :i remember those days, i was at school and i was amazed at the videos that they did.. i think i still have some on my PC somewhere.. they looked amazing!

i remember the car as well, white wasn't it?

this is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xt4uYj6dPE

thats the one, track surface detail was awesome, you can see the car hit bumps and dips. not the snooker table smooth tracks we have now.

it may never have been released but just from the videos we can see that what we have with lfs now is still not close, apart from the silence and delay.
Quote from mcintyrej :In reply to the link in your signature - you say no other sim has the same developer-customer relationship?

Yeah well find me another sim that is made completely from scratch by three people, devoting their lives to keeping us happy.

Maybe you lot should be a little more thankful for what they've made so far.

If Scawen is taking his time, it means he's doing a proper job. Not just some silly bodge 'here you go now shut up' job. He clearly doesn't care about all you whining, so doing it does nothing but annoy the sane minded people around here.

http://nismo.1g.fi/kuvat/LFS+m ... testPRevar.png/_small.jpg

The response to Eric's post is spot on imho. It's very poor customer service. We as paying customers deserve a little more respect then being called "mentally ill" because we would like some info on the product that we purchased. No offence, but he's not exactly the hardest working member of Scavier.

I understand that we all bought the product "as is" and that the developers aren't obliged to provide any more content or improvements beyond the purchase date. But as paying customers, i think we are entitled to a little more info on what's being worked on, or if it is still actually being worked on.

Some info here and there will surely get rid of all these type of threads.

Personally, i couldn't give a shit about the scirocco, it sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry. What i am waiting for is improvements to the things that have been frustrating like crash physics and hopefully a new track. Something that will get me addicted to LFS again.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote from Dizman :http://nismo.1g.fi/kuvat/LFS+m ... testPRevar.png/_small.jpg

The response to Eric's post is spot on imho. It's very poor customer service. We as paying customers deserve a little more respect then being called "mentally ill" because we would like some info on the product that we purchased. No offence, but he's not exactly the hardest working member of Scavier.

I understand that we all bought the product "as is" and that the developers aren't obliged to provide any more content or improvements beyond the purchase date. But as paying customers, i think we are entitled to a little more info on what's being worked on, or if it is still actually being worked on.

Some info here and there will surely get rid of all these type of threads.

Personally, i couldn't give a shit about the scirocco, it sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry. What i am waiting for is improvements to the things that have been frustrating like crash physics and hopefully a new track. Something that will get me addicted to LFS again.

Just my 2 cents.

Eric was forced to post just because everyone posted STUPID (like your) posts like "OHNOEZ!111 ERRIC IS TEH LEGAND!11378379862847962397854392865489756324" or "ONOI ERIC IS ALIVE HE RESPONZED MAH PMZ!!1111"
"fanboyz" "I paid so I want resultz" ...
Please trash this thread now, all these worthless fights for points of view about a single car release make me sick
The only thing useful to do is to wait, nothing else can erase frustrations, so no need to talk about it.
Quote from Shadowww :Eric was forced to post just because everyone posted STUPID (like your) posts like "OHNOEZ!111 ERRIC IS TEH LEGAND!11378379862847962397854392865489756324" or "ONOI ERIC IS ALIVE HE RESPONZED MAH PMZ!!1111"

Yeah, cause that's what i said.

I'll try to get my point across to you in a way that you will hopefully understand.

What if you went to your local Lada dealer and bought a car. Then, when you got the car home, you found that there were problems with it. You take it back to the dealer and he says to you.. "No comarade, i don't care that you pay me 500 lats, you can't expect me to fix this car by next winter, you can't even ask me when it will be fixed because you have a crazy brain. I'm going back inside to drink some vodka"

Is that a bit better shit for brains?
<3 Diz
Quote from Dizman :Yeah, cause that's what i said.

I'll try to get my point across to you in a way that you will hopefully understand.

What if you went to your local Lada dealer and bought a car. Then, when you got the car home, you found that there were problems with it. You take it back to the dealer and he says to you.. "No comarade, i don't care that you pay me 500 lats, you can't expect me to fix this car by next winter, you can't even ask me when it will be fixed because you have a crazy brain. I'm going back inside to drink some vodka"

Is that a bit better shit for brains?

That's complete nonsense.

Better example would be:

Microsoft: Vista will have WinFS!!!
Someone: /me purchased vista.
Microsoft: WinFS isn't ready so you won't have it in vista.
Someone: Oh noez I don't have mah winfs, gimme back mah moneyz!!!!
Quote from Shadowww :That's complete nonsense.

Better example would be:

Microsoft: Vista will have WinFS!!!
Someone: /me purchased vista.
Microsoft: WinFS isn't ready so you won't have it in vista.
Someone: Oh noez I don't have mah winfs, gimme back mah moneyz!!!!

Where did i say that i want my money back? Did you even read my post?

All i said was that Eric was treating his customers with contempt and that regular development updates would get rid of most of these type of threads.
This thread has become so pathetic and repeating. Mods, please have mercy.
Really, this thread is starting to fall really badly. Every other thread about Scirocco should also be closed. I'm serious .
if u think its so pathetic then stop reading it not hard is it
Yes, since a long time everybody in this thread repeats always the same things. But I think it's better that they keep whining here than on the rest of the forum. So, +1 to keep this thread.

I'd love to have the VWS in LFS, I prefer real(-istic), everyday cars to stripped-out racecars. When they said the release date was in December, I couldn't wait. They postponed it: I was a little bit disappointed, but I kept living my life. This didn't "Ruin my Christmas", of course.

Sure, I can't say I'm not waiting for it, but I think the devs can take their time to give us a bugless patch.
BTW, I think that an year is divided in two parts, early and late. So, early can be from January to June.
Quote from zonda722 :if u think its so pathetic then stop reading it not hard is it

We just have to read it one time to be disgusted by some aspect of LFS community.
-
(Furiously-Fast) DELETED by Furiously-Fast
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG