The online racing simulator
Quote from felplacerad :Here's a recent snapshot of the_angry_angel's Stats Thingy ("a simple stats page that fetches data from LFSWorld and makes 'useful' graphs for those who run servers") which I edited to add "categories":

I recognize I was off put for a good 5 seconds with your categories showing so many racing servers. Then I realized the list includes demo servers!! :rolleyes: that skews the picture considerably: let's recount.

Bangers 1
Cruise 3
Drag 3
Drift 1
Race 2
Race (Demo) 10

If we exclude demo.

Bangers 10%
Cruise 30%
Drag 30%
Drift 10%
Race 20%

It would be far more reliable and meaningful to only consider the top 20 licensed servers.
demo serves have more peeps than s2 on average..
Quote from DevilDare :Well 'cos I think a lot of people think that scawen and others are just taking a break and dont give a monkey about finishing Scirocco..... I hope i am wrong tho...

Of course you are wrong.

I can't see a reason which would make anyone think that.
Quote from NightShift :It would be far more reliable and meaningful to only consider the top 20 licensed servers.

Agreed.
I've given up on demo servers - too many wreckers and idiots.
Quote from zeugnimod :Of course you are wrong.

I can't see a reason which would make anyone think that.

Really? And why not.....? Because all these complaints makes me think otherwise......
Quote from DevilDare :Really? And why not.....? Because all these complaints makes me think otherwise......

You believe them just because people complain?
Quote from zeugnimod :You believe them just because people complain?

Did I say I do? I thought i said that OTHER people who complain think that the developers are having another nice break.... Not me, to be honest i dont even care even if they do...
no one gets a break, even me... slacking off all day...
Have they said anything about the other graphics update for the cars?
Quote from Neilser :I've given up on demo servers - too many wreckers and idiots.

There are good ones (e.g. I have a good memory of Zion) but only if you're willing to race the well known combos. As many others I've raced em more than enough before I got my license... not really keen on going back to demo unless there's some good reason
all i want to know about the scirocco is, how could the devs get the release date wrong by nearly 3 months. what could have possible come up? i know all ths has been said before, but, think, the release date was ment to be 19th of december, its not the 10th of march, and still no sccirocco, im not impressed, nor am i totally convinced that everything is being done to get it released asap. imo its rubbish.

/ramble
it might be better than you think, come play ROR with me or something
You (well most ppl) will be tired of Scirocco after about 2 weeks and after that time will wonder when the next update will come. So I don't know why it's so imperative we get it NOW.
*pulls out knife* this is getting tense scawen, protect me!
Personally I don't see what the big deal is about wanting the Scirocco right now, I got curious and went to the local VW dealership and took one for a test drive. Nothing special in my opinion, the '72 Mini Clubman I had way back when was more fun, felt more like a race car (if you can call any fwd passenger vehicle a race car).
Don't think the car itself is much of attraction, think people just want that patch to somewhat get a reply that lfs is under development. Alltho Scawen has said it many times before, I think people don't belive it before they actually can download the patch.
Honestly who cares how long it takes for it to be released...people these days are really impatient. I would prefer to wait for an update that works rather than 50 updates that dont. Like most major companies tend to do.

Maybe this is the reason why the Devs dont say what they are working on. Cause as soon as they do mention something is going to be released everyone rushs them to get it done. It will be released when its ready. Having been playing LFS for a number of years. When an update is released 90% of the time its done right.

Patient is the key!

Just my 2 cents.
Considering only LFS - I personally never mind waiting for the update to come. What i really miss is some detailed (and more technical) progress-updates, becouse it would be really interesting to know, what is going on, what part of "new code" makes problems, etc. . Anyways, good luck with coding to LFS-devs .
Quote from marko.sabotin :Considering only LFS - I personally never mind waiting for the update to come. What i really miss is some detailed (and more technical) progress-updates, becouse it would be really interesting to know, what is going on, what part of "new code" makes problems, etc. . Anyways, good luck with coding to LFS-devs .

One thing I noticed these days if the more detail the devs give the more impatience people will be.

Devs keep everything a secert let us sweat a bit
I dont give 2 peanuts about the VW , just cant wait to see if there is a new track , grafic improvement or maybe a little physicks update . Every server is going to have the VW going for 2 weeks , after that , people are going to be racing they´re favorite combos again
photographed a nice lime green scirocco
Attached images
DSC_2526.JPG
DSC_2527.JPG
DSC_2528.JPG
DSC_2529.JPG
DSC_2490.JPG
DSC_2492.JPG
DSC_2494.JPG
uhh looks so good

want to drive it so bad(<- dont say i moan, I just wanna drive it OK)
#498 - Rob
Says a lot about how much people value updates, when only one other thread in the first page has more views on it.
It would be nice if the devs could come up with a progress report or something, it's soon 3 months since the devs planned to release the new patch with the Scirocco car.

Kind of boring waiting this long without any words from the devs.

And now you people are going nuts and will tell me that it will come when they are done.

Yeah I know, but still it doesn't hurt the devs putting out a few words on their progress.
Quote from ICS-FD :It would be nice if the devs could come up with a progress report or something, it's soon 3 months since the devs planned to release the new patch with the Scirocco car.

Kind of boring waiting this long without any words from the devs.

And now you people are going nuts and will tell me that it will come when they are done.

Yeah I know, but still it doesn't hurt the devs putting out a few words on their progress.

Look at these posts too:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1089490#post1089490
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1095731#post1095731
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG