The online racing simulator
still disappointed with how long the rocco is taking.

one of the top reason's i bought LFS was because the rocco was comming out within days, now its been months... false advertising if you ask me.
Quote from erfrag :still disappointed with how long the rocco is taking.

one of the top reason's i bought LFS was because the rocco was comming out within days, now its been months... false advertising if you ask me.

But it will come so don't sell it
Quote from Flame CZE :Look at these posts too:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1089490#post1089490
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1095731#post1095731

They should make their statements sticky.

Like make a sticky thread where they post updates, progress reports etc. And lock it so no one can flame it, just a thread for the devs.
It would be alot easier to find the post from devs that way, instead of searching the entire forum for it.
#504 - STF
And then 1000 threads will appear commenting that thread.

Hey who wants Ads on this forum? It would make money fast lol. Then 1000 threads about Scirocco will be.. ? Welcome! Yeah.
Hi! I saw a few threads about the waiting of the VW. I have only one question to peoples who are starting that threads: Do you guys have any idea, that how many functions and procedures have to work 100% correct, when you just turning you whell on LFS? Devs have to make a completly new car, what car is realistic, so all the physics have to be as realistic as possible. That needs a lot of programming. My opinion is that better to wait a fully finished car, then play with a bad car modell, what has a few bugs, then going on forum and starting threads:"VW bug, OMG..." etc...

And how Scawen said: They are working on things what we know, and what we don't know. Maybe we will see some new fresh addons, or tracks, or who knows it? Be patient, and the result will be fine!

ermmm...Sorry for my bad english..
Best regards
Sanchez
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I dont give 2 peanuts about the VW , just cant wait to see if there is a new track , grafic improvement or maybe a little physicks update .

same here. but honestly: the update has to be BIG (like rain AND tracks AND decent tyres). if it isn't - well... I don't really know.

Quote from Dj-Aeri :
And I like a lot the work of SCAVIER, but I don't understand what's happening lately.

There is NOTHING to understand... get it?
Well as the VW was originally going to be released in December & it's now March, i think we deserve a progress report or some kind of explanation. I have been keeping quiet & waiting patiently after scawen announced his house move & ISP problems but after this much waiting I think many LFS'ers just feel a bit let down & a little dissapointed in our devs.

Does anyone have any news?
Quote from Dj-Aeri :And do you know that the Scirocco was in the Games Convention in Leipzig in august 2008?

7 months more to modify some parameters in the car and put a decent TC and ABS in LFS?

I'm missing something.

And I like a lot the work of SCAVIER, but I don't understand what's happening lately.

Well, back in August, Scawen did say that we won't be able to drive the Scirocco for a long time, as the one for the GC was a quick shot to get a car that resembles the Scirocco supeficially was enough, as people only got to spend only a few minutes with it.
But when he releases it for LfS, lot's of people will drive it for a long time, which makes any flaw with it very apparent, and we all know that online communities tend to get very verbal about flaws.

So give him time to perfect the release. I for one always prefer a finished product over something that's released soon but isn't working as intended until after a few patches.
Quote from anttt69 :Well as the VW was originally going to be released in December & it's now March, i think we deserve a progress report or some kind of explanation. I have been keeping quiet & waiting patiently after scawen announced his house move & ISP problems but after this much waiting I think many LFS'ers just feel a bit let down & a little dissapointed in our devs.

Does anyone have any news?

I've given up caring, was looking forward to it because the slower cars are more forgiving and kinder to my lack of ability
[edit]I dont care largely due to the fact that it wont make LFS any better, sadly it needs more than a car, however good it may be[/edit]

LFS first got its reputation as being one of those rare games, done the way all games should be done, from the heart, done right, and not rushed out to meet a deadline some unskilled publisher suit forces upon you.
People saw it as being refreshing, the developers almost working with the community, updates of what's been going on lately and talk of things to look forward to.
Today it feels more like a deadend game going nowhere fast, and we're always left looking forward to things, rather than actually getting anything.
LFS just isnt what it used to be, and thats the truely disappointing thing. The community used to be full of optimism and anticipation for the direction it was heading, now its full of moaning, doom & pessemism... like this post.
Its a sad thing really, LFS had so much promise and yet its failing to keep up the momentum it had in the early years. Maybe in the early says it was easier to seem like things were moving faster because in a harsh & blunt way, they were 'half-arsed' in comparison to the lengths they go to today. Something they did well could take 2 weeks, but done accurately takes 2 months, and thats why everything feels like its happening at a snails pace compared to a few (5!) years ago.

Few people know what the hold-up is with the VWS, but i can only imagine it was a very important & significant oversight, or something of that matter. Its not going to be something meaningless because i cant imagine the dev's want a whiney community.

As for 'they said Dec, its now March'... if you asked the devs what the weather will be like in the Sahara tomorrow, they'll say hot, and it'll undoubtably start snowing... anyone who's been here long enough knows thats how things roll in LFS. If something can go wrong - it will, and If something cant go wrong - it still will.
Quote from PaulC2K :...If something can go wrong - it will, and If something cant go wrong - it still will.

Seems like everything is wrong to me after reading your post.
Quote from Cherry :Seems like everything is wrong to me after reading your post.

Nah, he just cites Murphy's Law...
Well, just hope guys that we'll drive the VW this year
Quote from Bandit77 :the update has to be BIG (like rain AND tracks AND decent tyres). if it isn't - well... I don't really know.

Seriously? We're not going to get anything that big IMO - assuming that by tracks you mean a new environment, and as long as you were talking about 0.6A (or B or whatever they're gonna call it)

TBH I would be more than glad if the next patch had anything new beyond what is in Z10 + VWS + the updates that were announced already. Even a new track configuration would be a surprising easter present
Quote from NightShift :Seriously? We're not going to get anything that big IMO - assuming that by tracks you mean a new environment, and as long as you were talking about 0.6A (or B or whatever they're gonna call it)

TBH I would more than glad if the next patch had anything new beyond what is in Z10 + VWS + the updates that were announced already. Even a new track configuration would be a surprising easter present

I think if we get the Scirocco, improved TC/ABS systems (already promised), and a few minor improvements to UI, etc, I'll be more than happy. I try to not expect too much from the Devs - You generally (and this isn't being mean to the Devs, but yeah) you end up disappointed if you expect too much, because you rarely get it.
Nice to see we do agree on something from time to time Among the announced updates there was also something mechanical, which many thought to be multi-link suspensions.

We'll see
Yup. It's just a matter of time. I genuinely don't see why it's such a huge deal to people. They troll the threads and LFS sites for any information, yet by doing this they only prolong the waiting period for themselves. One day they'll learn.
Only a little bit. :sadbanana
First time ive checked back here since the postponement... im very surprised it was announced it would come out before Christmas then it still isnt out nearly 3 months later.
^im not ... will be after july.
Christmas is only 288 days away!
Quote from NightShift :Seriously?

by saying "it has to be big" I didn't mean that there are rumours that it IS big... it's just: if it isn't big, I wouldn't be suprised if the majority went "what the f have they been doing all the time????"

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I genuinely don't see why it's such a huge deal to people. ... One day they'll learn.

I can't talk for all these "people" - but personally, I haven't played or bothered much about LFS lately... but when I checked the official site a few days ago and the latest news is from december saying "rocco postponed" I couldn't help being reminded of my former band, whose website has been looking the same since december 2007... and it's not that they're being creative and too busy to update the page... no... it's closer to the truth to say: it's over.

I'm a natural born pessimist, I know.
Quote from Cherry :Seems like everything is wrong to me after reading your post.

No, *everything* isnt wrong, lfs has good points and bad points, and the speed in which we see progress is definately planted firmly in the bad column.

If you'd been part of this community for more than a couple of months you'd know its not a doomlord view, its the reality.
The people who've been here since before say 2005, those who've not just recently appeared and everything is still rosey and new, plenty of them rarely play the game and are disappointed at the lack of progress. They're still here because they love the game and the community established around it, and like me they're desperate to find a reason to get back into playing it, because unfortunately we've had the pleasure/misfortune of playing the majority of the game for 5 years now, the Demo got old and S1 saved the day, S1 got old and eventually S2 alpha came along, but with each version, the same boredom exists of the old content, you've kinda grown sick of the sight of driving round the same combos and need a fresh challenge.

The progress, or lack of it, is slowly killing the community, or at least the parts of it which matter (ie those who are loyal to LFS, rather than flakey folk), it can be replaced by people who are here for a few months until Codemasters/EA release another bland & canned effect riddled game, but the people who've been here for a decent number of years are getting smaller by the day, and its not because LFS is cr*p but because nothing really changes.

I doubt something better than LFS will come along anytime soon, but in the last couple of years i've barely raced in LFS, yet theres barely a day that goes by where i dont spend 4-12hrs working on something LFS related. Thats the sad part, ive not lost interest in LFS, ive just lost interest in driving in it, the community is all that keeps it going between these *meaningful* updates which happen once a year.

So if your going to mock people for being disappointed at the slow progress, at least have the decency to have some experience of it first.
My LFS History
I generally used LFS only for single player up to version Y, mostly driving round the tracks with the more or less difficult AI drivers in the normal cars or, with version V only, I created some tuned versions of the XFG and XRT, had lots of tweaks for it but deleted it, because the difference between V and Y, later Z, was too big for me, and I was also some kind of bored of tweaking the cars. when Z was released, I more and more tried the online capabilities of LFS and discovered the cruise servers, tried some out and stayed at [TC] City Driving, which is very very fun, because the community is very nice and I just love the cruising, racing and sometimes chasing on the servers. Since I joined the Cruise community I also started to go deeper into setting up the cars and created a few very nice setups for my most favourite cars, the UF1 (love that little screamer), XFG, XFR, LX4 (i like it, it`s so much fun to throw it around the track), and most actual the UFR, which is really really fun and extremly easy to drive brutally fast with the right setup. I drove about 5000+ km`s on montana till now and was really astonished about how exactly i have learned the track only by driving and not racing on it. I use the G25 for driving, which is a very great wheel in my opinion, except the shifter is a little too...well, weak and too easy to slam through the gears, so a little much more resistance would be nice, but you can`t have everything.

I generally play LFS about 2-4 evenings a week, on weekeknds mostly friday and/or saturday night, driving on the [TC] server only and driving about 150-400 km`s a night.

Well, so much about my LFS history and the actual situation, now the future, i will keep it short, well, I`ll try to...

Firstly, as already said by a lot of others, let the dev`s take the time for the scirocco and all the other stuff they are also developing and finishing. I think, that when the scirocco is released we will also get a rework of all other or most of the other cars, as already happened at the XRG, XFG and XRT, this takes some time! Then we might get (hopefully) a new track, a huge test track with looooooong straights and some handling parcours would be nice, or some more variations of the already existing tracks, i personal dream of a completely open south city especially for the cruisers with traffic lights and some other goodies... If TDU wouldn`t have such a horrible physics engine, driveability and would not be full of bugs I would even play it longer than 5 seconds, but the masses get what the masses want...look at these graphics....so much motion blur and all this silly, CPU-eating use less stuff.....wooooow....it LOOKS so....well, some kind of undiscribable but it eats a lot of CPU so it must be great...I personal give a **** about good graphics, I want wonderful physics and astonishing driveability more than up to the date graphics, by the way, i think the LFS graphics are very nice and very good, so i personal don`t miss anything. But back to topic...

My personal perfect LFS would look as follows:

It would have a own integrated car and track editor with which we could create and tune our own cars within limits especially for drivability and several servers for online play and create tracks but not changing the already existing ones, they are good enough....i want the green hell :-). the physics would be like they are now or slightly changed and some graphical updates would be made as well...but i hope that scawen stays at his opinion that LFS will never be a screenshot generator but "must be optimized as a driving/racing simulator!"

Now my fingers hurt Hope i was able to entertain you a little with my ideas and visions and hopefully LFS will exist forever....or at least till i die!

Keep on racing
Quote from Bandit77 :if it isn't big, I wouldn't be suprised if the majority went "what the f have they been doing all the time????"

They're doing that already they will be replied, as always, the devs can do whatever they want, why don't you read this and this thread, <insert your favorite community dogma here>.

Life on the boards will go on as usual <sigh>
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG