The online racing simulator
Quote from BlackEye :Yes, but everything that updates the core is available for S1, S2, S3 and demo too, not just S3 exclusive .
So at the end of the day, cars and tracks are what is different among S1, S2 and S3.

I guess you can never release dev tools to the public, then, else people would port all the cars and tracks into all the versions, and/or just make a million new ones, which would eliminate the appeal of upgrading.

I think S3 should have something more substantial than just a few new cars and tracks to set it apart. Perhaps weather effects and night driving could be limited to S3 only.

Because I'd really like to have some kind of SDK available, so people can finally make their own content. Unless of course the tools and mods are only made to work with S3. Though someone will hack that no doubt.
I don't think mods will ever get in to LFS (i strongly hope so anyway).

But I'll leave this thread alone now.. I enjoy it too much to interfere with it. :munching_
Quote from Whisper :I guess you can never release dev tools to the public, then, else people would port all the cars and tracks into all the versions, and/or just make a million new ones, which would eliminate the appeal of upgrading.

I think S3 should have something more substantial than just a few new cars and tracks to set it apart. Perhaps weather effects and night driving could be limited to S3 only.

Because I'd really like to have some kind of SDK available, so people can finally make their own content. Unless of course the tools and mods are only made to work with S3. Though someone will hack that no doubt.

Yes, but same as now, it will not work online if it's cracked (I guess).
To much ifs and guesswork with this, so I'm gonna back up now .
Lets all be healthy and see the day S3 comes to download section
As most know there is a mod for LFS out.. there is a car added to the game. And one reason that the patch is delayed can be that they are changing the programming to render that mod useless... and frankly i couldnt care less about that car.

as a sidenote i can say i do beleive in making mods "allowed" to LFS as long as they are based on the ingame cars. I.E XRT with a bodykit, a wing, or no wing, or with scoops.. you know!?
the reason why "that car" is unnalowed is because its a licenced car... the XRT isn´t and thats why i think some mods on that one should be fine...
Quote from AcesHigh :As most know there is a mod for LFS out.. there is a car added to the game. And one reason that the patch is delayed can be that they are changing the programming to render that mod useless... and frankly i couldnt care less about that car.

as a sidenote i can say i do beleive in making mods "allowed" to LFS as long as they are based on the ingame cars. I.E XRT with a bodykit, a wing, or no wing, or with scoops.. you know!?
the reason why "that car" is unnalowed is because its a licenced car... the XRT isn´t and thats why i think some mods on that one should be fine...

Because most of the mods are ricer mods. Big exhaust, bonnet vents and spoilers. If I wanted that I'd be on LFS... but then again you can use them as they're just modded .vob. They're not "unallowed" you just can't share them on LFSForum.. you won't get banned for using/making one..
So.... No new patch in early 09 then.
Quote from DevilDare :So.... No new patch in early 09 then.

Not sure about anyone else but I'm sure I class April as early in the year.
Quote from mcintyrej :Not sure about anyone else but I'm sure I class April as early in the year.

Me too.. and a part of May..
Quote from Sponge :Me too.. and a part of May..

Even December is still more early than late.

I would really like to believe this.
Quote from Amynue :Even December is still more early than late.

I would really like to believe this.

damn you you beat me to it
Well i meant..... The last friday of April was on the 24th. And thus there was no patch, so unless they release it on non-friday then
Quote from AcesHigh :

Body kits? Wat? I'm talking about mods to the game, not cars. You know, like how CounterStrike is a HL mod. Maybe making a hillclimb rally mod, or something of that sort.
Quote from Whisper :Body kits? Wat? I'm talking about mods to the game, not cars. You know, like how CounterStrike is a HL mod. Maybe making a hillclimb rally mod, or something of that sort.

No, a lot of Arcade physics mods would pop up, which is WRONG !

Well, literally, early 2009 could mean anything between january and june (1st half).

So, now everyone please speculate about the meaning of early, as you would do in your litteracy class !
If someone says "early in the day", assuming a day starts at 7am and ends at 10pm, if someone came to my door at 9.30pm and said "hey I'm here to fix your boiler" I'd stab him with a screwdriver. Early, in this case, would be before, say... 11am.

Early would be Q1 2009, which is, IIRC, Jan-march..
Quote from Zen321 :No, a lot of Arcade physics mods would pop up, which is WRONG !

I doubt it. People who want arcade physics wouldn't bother modding for LFS in the first place. But even if they do, let them. Nobody's forcing you to play their mods.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If someone says "early in the day", assuming a day starts at 7am and ends at 10pm, if someone came to my door at 9.30pm and said "hey I'm here to fix your boiler" I'd stab him with a screwdriver. Early, in this case, would be before, say... 11am.

Early would be Q1 2009, which is, IIRC, Jan-march..

"Early next year" usually means "sometime in the future". In game development timelines are vague, and even official deadlines for paying publishers are approximate at best.

No point speculating.
This whole situation reminds me of The Pits' mantra: "soon."
Quote from DevilDare :Well i meant..... The last friday of April was on the 24th. And thus there was no patch, so unless they release it on non-friday then

Why they need to release it at FRIDAY ???
Next patch will be released when this thread and all its merged additions all die.

All the moaning and speculation is too much fun for the devs to end that now

I am aware that posting in this thread postpones the patch further. Sorry!
Quote from MAGGOT :This whole situation reminds me of The Pits' mantra: "soon."

Hehe yeah, they should instead of saying early say "soon to be released". But then again, it can work the oposit and people pushes the update button every 10th second for a month waiting on that car, just to understand "soon" really means "probally withing the follow years to come"
Quote from Antman :or june, july

And middle of 2009? When? only 15th of june is middle? :rolleyes:

promises and more promises.... broken :thumbsdow

And Racers defend devs? .... crazy mens

See you
Quote from MAGGOT :This whole situation reminds me of The Pits' mantra: "soon."

But surely it doesn't match the 3D Realms mantra of "soon"
As long as it's not a day after the Duke Nukem Forever release, we should be okay :P
I really started wondering, how much we have to wait more? He said early 2009 and it is getting more like "middle 2009". And i know scavier didn't promise anything, but it is a loooooong time since postponing. No flamesy-flamepost plz,yo!
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG