The online racing simulator
Quote from Inouva :Well i say the same when i look and discover the VWS dont have the 3 pedals (Acel,Breake,Cluctch) :spin:

Isn't there a DSG gearbox inside? It just needs 2 then, like every automatic gearbox?
Sounds good, All we need now to make the game Perfect Is Damage,

But im happy for the next few years as it is.

Thank You Scawen and the LFS Team!
Quote from chk :
Now the only things missing in lfs are a light MR car like the elise/exige and a reproduction of the nordschleife

Noooooo, don't say that, there is already the RAC (turbo Elise/Exige like ).
What LFS needs is a 50/50 weight ratio RWD car, preferably front engined Well, as long as it is 50/50 with a decent power to weight ratio (and around a ton), I'd like it, should it be front, mid or rear engine, as long as it's RWD
no DSG?
Attached images
321b801248274afd143af4d194ebe2a1.jpg
#580 - JEP
Amizing, cant wait!

I haven't read the whole thread so appologies if this has already been posted.

Firstly, thanks for the new car, looks really nice.

My question is this though. Given that this is the first "real" car in LFS how will the sets work with this car? I would hope that they are essentially fixed and have no adjustments past things like TC on/off, tyre pressures/choices and amount of fuel. I really think going through all the time and trouble to code physics of this car with its stability system, TC, etc would be a complete waste if someone can come along and change it's handling to something completely impossible for the real world car.

So I'm hoping that there will be little to no adjustability in the set up of this car. ie no gearing changes, no steering changes, no camber changes, no ride height changes etc. Sure that'll probably mean that the cars handling won't suit everybodies driving style but IMO if LFS wants to really present itself as a realistic driving sim these things have to be exactly like on the real car with no option for changing them except in ways that would be possible on a production road car (ie practically none).
Quote from Zipppy :I am sure that car is based off of the Scirocco, Seat is owned by VW.

Wrong way around. The new Leon has been out a couple of years now, so it predates the Scirocco by some way.
Quote from gezmoor :Given that this is the first "real" car in LFS

And what about RaceAbout, Formula BMW, Formula BMW Sauber F1.06 and MRT?
Quote from gezmoor :I haven't read the whole thread so appologies if this has already been posted.

Firstly, thanks for the new car, looks really nice.

My question is this though. Given that this is the first "real" car in LFS how will the sets work with this car? I would hope that they are essentially fixed and have no adjustments past things like TC on/off, tyre pressures/choices and amount of fuel. I really think going through all the time and trouble to code physics of this car with its stability system, TC, etc would be a complete waste if someone can come along and change it's handling to something completely impossible for the real world car.

So I'm hoping that there will be little to no adjustability in the set up of this car. ie no gearing changes, no steering changes, no camber changes, no ride height changes etc. Sure that'll probably mean that the cars handling won't suit everybodies driving style but IMO if LFS wants to really present itself as a realistic driving sim these things have to be exactly like on the real car with no option for changing them except in ways that would be possible on a production road car (ie practically none).

Not really... I mean all great... but after a month there will be a lot of noise about the car being boring. Oh... and behaviour not possible in "real world car"... what kind of behaviour? O.o I mean... it doesn't fly? o.O Sure... i am not car-physics god or someone... not even close :P, but the problem is not in car setups but simply in tire physics.

Sry for offtop.
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Small Road cars Chalange ;D what you think ?

Scirocco
XFG
UF1

Its and S1 S2 car how would U compete in it?
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Small Road cars Chalange ;D what you think ?

Scirocco
XFG
UF1

Scirocco will pwn them all. For 30 euros (or less) only.
Quote from Flame CZE :And what about RaceAbout, Formula BMW, Formula BMW Sauber F1.06 and MRT?

Maybe I should have said first "production road car". I don't know much about the RaceAbout apart from the fact it's from a small speciallist manufacturer but the other cars you mention are all "race" cars and so a considerable amount of flexibility in the set up of gearing, camber, damping, springing etc is to be expected. A production road car comes with fixed settings. There is no option to change any of these things on my SEAT Leon for example. If there were a Touring Car version of the Scirroco included in the game then that would be different. I would expect more flexibility of set up, but in a road car I expect next to none.
Quote from Byku :Not really... I mean all great... but after a month there will be a lot of noise about the car being boring.

That would be their problem. The point of this sim is to recreate realistic driving under race conditions. That in itself should be all the fun people need, if it isn't then I would respectfully suggest they should be looking elsewhere for their "fun".

Quote :
Oh... and behaviour not possible in "real world car"... what kind of behaviour? O.o I mean... it doesn't fly? o.O Sure... i am not car-physics god or someone... not even close :P, but the problem is not in car setups but simply in tire physics.

Sry for offtop.

Best leave that for a different thread really.
Correct . I suspected more flaming , quite suprised .
Quote from J@tko :Oh no. We can't have the Scirocco after all - it's gonna buggar up the Car Selection Screen's nice symmetry

I think they'll just remove the FXO.
Quote from J@tko :Oh no. We can't have the Scirocco after all - it's gonna buggar up the Car Selection Screen's nice symmetry

the car selection screen is going to get REALLY small image previews :P
Maybe categorizing should start to be considered...

You could have the names of the cars in a list without images and as you hover over them with the mouse, they pop out at you with an image...
Or make a scrolling garage scene.
-
(Furiously-Fast) DELETED by Furiously-Fast
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think they'll just remove the FXO.

They wouldn't dare! Too bad 21 doesn't go into 5.

How about 3 rows of seven cars?
#594 - Jek
Can't wait
my scirocco is the tdi version now :P
Quote from Luke.S :my scirocco is the tdi version now :P

Mine is the R-edition thanks to Stew. *looks for Veyron badge*
Nice one. Hopelly be as good as the FXO
Possible FIX for polygon bug
I've attached to this post a possible fix for the polygon bug seen by some people in the CMX Viewer.

Please could the people who saw missing parts please try this and let us know if it fixes the problem?

It's only the exe, just open the zip file and replace your VIEWER_S2.exe file.

If it works I'll update the main CMX Viewer download.
Attached files
VIEWER_S2_EXE.zip - 313.1 KB - 418 views
awesome, can finally look at the scirocco!
-
(XmaX) DELETED by XmaX : Sorry wrong topic -.-
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG