The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
Great car, and made very, very nice! I like the interior too. Great that it's finally getting some more great depth (armrests/doorpanels) instead of just dds pictures!
Quote from Scawen :
So... it'll be a nice patch with some noticeable improvements and the new car, but not really representative of the amount of work that has been done since patch Z.

so did you do much more but unfinished improvements?
btw.. my old questin is still not answerd :S
What about confort and sport mode ?? it's different setup or real time change ?
The only graphical issue I'm seeing is that the tires come down below the shadows in the viewer where they didn't previously. Makes it look somewhat odd when viewing at nearly ground-level.
great news! really looking forward to it!

...hoping for the possibility of taking the new car to the dirt track!
Fantastic detail on the new car... The interior is stunning, and little details like the disc brakes and caliper looks very nice too. Starting to take LFS cars to a new level, nice to see.

That photo of the blue race Scirocco with the number and Nurburgring map on it is very nice! Someone should make a skin of that in LFS
I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.
Attached images
Scirocco Real&LFS.jpg
This is a hard choice for me, what shall i buy first in [TC], the FXO, or the Scirocco
Quote from Flame CZE :I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.

Side on, it looks like an estate.
I think the first thing i will do when the scirrocco comes out is to crash it into a red and white barrier to find out if it flies
Quote from Flame CZE :I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.

tbh this is not a supprise, i think your find in the video it said eric had a model from volkswagen that he used as a base
Quote from tommer :I think the first thing i will do when the scirrocco comes out is to crash it into a red and white barrier to find out if it flies

Maybe crash physics could (not the word 'could') be fixed. 0.6A may only mean it could loose the Alpha tag.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Maybe crash physics could (not the word 'could') be fixed. 0.6A may only mean it could loose the Alpha tag.

U Know what at the moment i dont realy care but IMo is is the first thing that needs fixing
Quote from Chrisuu01 :U Know what at the moment i dont realy care but IMo is is the first thing that needs fixing

Uh oh, no more flying into space after hitting a barrier!
Thanks for the free car much appreciated.

The crash bug that I keep hearing about can be alleviated by not hitting the wall/ object/ which in real life would end your race and probably kill you many times over from what I've observed over the years.

When do we get Human upgrade?
Quote from JohnPenn :
When do we get Human upgrade?

Oh, you mean when we are able to knock down marshalls/Spectators?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Maybe crash physics could (not the word 'could') be fixed. 0.6A may only mean it could loose the Alpha tag.

Is it official that its gonna be called 0.6A?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Is it official that its gonna be called 0.6A?

readme txt of the lfs viewer:"Live for Speed S2 ALPHA CMX VIEWER - Version : 0.6A" so i would say.... yes
Quote from SamH :He's a brilliant coder, IMHO. It might equally have been Vic that wrote the script. Or it could be a new movie feature altogether.. I've no clue

If its not a new movie feature, then it will be available as well in my 'Car Focus' application, kinda a reference: http://vimeo.com/2509710
I've uploaded some other LFS Camera features on vimeo as well. Release date would be next year though.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :GeForce FX5700LE

Quote from Esrever :Nvidia GeForce FX 5700

That can't be a coincidence, can it? Probably a driver bug I'd say, but of course the viewer could be doing something wrong that only manifests itself on these cards.
Quote from Scawen :No, you are not the only one. I think about three other people have reported that. We'd better try and figure out the pattern.

Can anyone who sees this fault please report their graphics card and drivers version?

And can anyone else with the same graphics card let us know if it works ok on your computer, and if so, which driver version you are using?

In my old pc , have Geforce 6200 , Drivers 169.24 , AA and AF dont work , no matter what settings i put and no matter if set from the nvidia control panel or whatever i try
works perfect with my 9800gt
So no major physics changes (?). Exactly year ago I thought I was seeing something different how the cars handled in the FMB video, same happened now. But apparently turns out it was once again just optimistic illusion.
How do I get the new car I VIEWER files and I want to have a version X, Z, Y am please help
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG