The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :You are right but no, the LFS one does not have multilink rear suspension. It just has the best available in LFS which is a double wishbone. At some point I'd like to add better suspension types with more complex motion but that has not been done yet.

That's great news (though I'm not holding my breath ) - I was hoping to see multilink suspensions delivered along with the Scirocco but...

I'm not disappointed one bit because after all multilink is just a space-saving compromise between smaller and better. I'm sure you have found a way to recreate faithfully the behavior of the RL car.

It's also great to see you address publicly some of the criticism which is often done heard on the board.

Thanks again for including the Scirocco
Quote from plehto :snip

Well, I for on don't think it's inappropriate to adress people directly with a "you" in here. But seeing that you are from finnland, I understand that notion. Having been in Tampere a few weeks ago, you're one of the most reserved people I have ever encountered. It's almost spooky (unless you meet a drunk finn...)

It's just that I am annoyed that no matter what the patch brings, there's always somebody complaining. "what only physics improvements? I want new cars!" "I want new tracks! who cares about clutch heat?" and now it's the other way round. Some people are never content, and instead of acknowledging what has been done, they're putting flak on what' not been done.
I LIKE THIS CAR SO MUCH . I guess it will be FWD?
Quote from ColeusRattus :It's just that I am annoyed that no matter what the patch brings, there's always somebody complaining.

Some people are like that, if you stay in any community for enough time you'll risk to develop an allergic reaction to their remarks. It's a (well, not so positive IMO) way they show their interest in LfS. Just don't let them spoil the share of fun you're getting from it
Quote from dustthatass :Yo Danny thanks for the pics. I don't have the CMX Viewer for the new patch (V0.6A). Can't wait until next week!!!:woohoo:

Quote from Scawen :
You will need an S1 or S2 license in order to drive the Scirocco when it is released.

get S2 in this week!! (or at least S1^^)
Brumbrumbrumbrumbrumbrum
Great Presentation !!!

Thank you Eric,Scawen and Victor.
hmmm... why you don´t post in testpatches? we want to solve all bugs don´t we?
Quote from John5200 :hmmm... why you don´t post in testpatches? we want to solve all bugs don´t we?

Because he said next week
Looks awesome thanks Devs for this wonderful car
Quote from JohnUK89 :Because he said next week

that´s too less time to check the car for bugs
Quote from John5200 :hmmm... why you don´t post in testpatches? we want to solve all bugs don´t we?

For the VWS, it's probably not really needed because
- the 3d model is finished (viewer)
- the car has been drivable for ages (GC)
- alpha/beta testers & devs have had plenty of time to tweak the handling since GC

That said, the definitive release date and lack of test patches feels like there won't be huge changes in 0.6A
a ford granada & a jaguar XJ6 series 3 and volvo240 estate to go!
Scirocco
I can play online now with the new car Volkswagen Scirocco, after decompress the file LFS Viewer 6A.exe
Quote from pjuniorbra :I can play online now with the new car Volkswagen Scirocco, after decompress the file LFS Viewer 6A.exe

Um, what?
Quote from pjuniorbra :I can play online now with the new car Volkswagen Scirocco, after decompress the file LFS Viewer 6A.exe

Shut up

You are the king.

</sarcasm>
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :ooo just looked at the dds folder in cmx viewer... new dds files are much more detailed... me like .. but do hope scawen victor eric remembers that , the logo (badge) fo VW is probably gonna be the most modded badge / logo ever!!!!...

I already replaced the TSI badge with an R one. and shouldn't there be a 2.0 next to the TSI.
Quote from Bose321 :Something like this? Nothing special though. The color doesn't match 100%, but, IMO, it's nice and clean.

Scirocco is teh sexy!!1
i think the scirocco will be the only car which looks great even without a special skin.

edit: the numberplate also looks great... but why isnt there this numberplate now on every car? i mean at least on the road cars
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
That said, the definitive release date and lack of test patches feels like there won't be huge changes in 0.6A

Maybe no huge changes, but additions maybe? More new content?
Quote from Stew2000 :I already replaced the TSI badge with an R one. and shouldn't there be a 2.0 next to the TSI.

na, thats why two of the letters are red, the 1.4 TSI has only one in red
I just wish the badge area was that little bit bigger...
Attached images
abt-1.jpg
Nice wheel blurs!!!!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Maybe no huge changes, but additions maybe? More new content?

To avoid too much anticipation I'd like to make sure you know that there will not be any new content in the new patch other than the VW Scirocco.

Anyone who is not a programmer would probably be surprised how much time some things took to improve, such as the new wheel drawing system and the updated car shadows. The graphical detail of the Scirocco inspired graphical improvements that had to be implemented along with various optimisations to maintain efficiency with higher detail and that just takes time. I can confirm that only the VWS and FBM wheels have been updated to use the new wheel modelling system at this point.

We've also been working on other new things which have not been announced and will not be released in the near future.

So... it'll be a nice patch with some noticeable improvements and the new car, but not really representative of the amount of work that has been done since patch Z.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG