The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
My mate's RX8 PZ has got oz superleggera's

edit his has super turismo's
Wow, finally! Thanks alot devs!
I don't mind both, but the classe has to be be the hottest OZ rims!
They all look the same to me.
Quote from Stew2000 :Just like BBS wheels to me

Oooh! More talk about hot wheels! (get it? hot wheels.... nvm... hehe.)
<3

(enough O/T?)
Quote from Scawen :The CMX Viewer download is now updated with the polygon fix.

- All CMX meshes have been re-exported so they are all from the latest version.
- The tyres appearing below ground bug was fixed as well.

Same link : http://www.lfs.net/file_mirror.php?name=LFS_VIEWER_6A.exe

Nice thanks Just wondering, will it be possible/legal to change the numberplate color?
I would like to change that D from Deutchsland of the European plate to put a letter E from Spain. ¿Is it legal or possible?
Quote from Tomas Miranda :I would like to change that D from Deutchsland of the European plate to put a letter E from Spain. ¿Is it legal or possible?

You can change the DDS file of the numberplate. But only you will be able to see it.
Good idea
I wanted to know if that was legal, of course I saw it at DDSConverter in VWS_Interior2.dds I think!
Quote from gezmoor :I would expect more flexibility of set up, but in a road car I expect next to none.

It's the opposite. A low-specs sport car is the easiest to tune. You can find extremely good suspension bundles (springs, adjustable dampers and ARB) for "quite cheap" (understand £500 a set if you stick with the stock suspension geometry), which can diabolically change the car's behavior. Also, you can buy a Clutch Pack LSD for around the same price.
I don't know yet about the wheel adjustment prices but I would say (correct me if I'm wrong) between £500 and £700 depending on what you want to do (toe, camber, or both). and let's say £400 for the aftermarket rims.

Thus, my setup on the XRG would cost around £2100, since I was too cheap to switch to supers (£400 more!)
On the other hand, more expensive cars are more expensive to tune.

In spec-car series, like the Mazda Spec in the US, the cars ned to have specific parts (such as the Mazdaspeed suspension) which is mandatory, but adjustable as you'd like to

In LFS, we are not driving completely stock road cars. Otherwise, most of them would have to have a fixed Open Diff. If it was the case, LFS would lose its title of "Racing Simulator" (as it simulates a bit the rules of Spec series) to the one of "Sunday Fast Driver Simulator".

The only thing that would be nice is, of course, the limitation of the transmission settings, but this belongs to another topic.

___

Concerning the rims, I thought the RS Watanabe were the lightest rims ever made? Did OZ beat them with their Super or Ultraleggera ?
Quote from Zen321 :
Concerning the rims, I thought the RS Watanabe were the lightest rims ever made? Did OZ beat them with their Super or Ultraleggera ?

I wasn't suggesting the Super OR Ultraleggera wheels were the lightest production alloy wheels, but I did say that they are very light wheels anyway.
Quote from BlueFlame :I wasn't suggesting the Super OR Ultraleggera wheels were the lightest production alloy wheels, but I did say that they are very light wheels anyway.

Don't worry, I wasn't suggesting they were either I was just asking, because I need to find a pair of rims for my "rally" car and I plan on buying the lightest ones (when I got enough money ). So I wanted to have like the latest-to-date information about the wheels
Quote from Zen321 :Don't worry, I wasn't suggesting they were either I was just asking, because I need to find a pair of rims for my "rally" car and I plan on buying the lightest ones (when I got enough money ). So I wanted to have like the latest-to-date information about the wheels

What car is it that you are modifying?
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(715 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG