The online racing simulator
You extracted it into it's own directory, correct?
i have some problems with the VWS, it turns into purple and that stuff.. while moving it in the viewer
lol @ missing rims. I tried playing with the wheel files for VWS/FBM, but then things didn't the way I wanted.I was expecting 'O.Z.' wheels on the VWS... but yeah...
mine doesnt work either but in a completely different way when i restart pc it works fine then after some exits it goes banana also thought i should include the deb file so you maybe can help
Quote :Dec 12 21:06:32 LFS : 0.6A
Dec 12 21:06:32 timer resolution 1 ms
Dec 12 21:06:32 read config
Dec 12 21:06:32 preinit d3d
Dec 12 21:06:32 number of adapters : 1
Dec 12 21:06:32 adapter 0 - valid modes : 82
Dec 12 21:06:32 load font
Dec 12 21:06:32 no fonts available : SHIFTJIS
Dec 12 21:06:32 no fonts available : CHINESEBIG5
Dec 12 21:06:32 no fonts available : GB2312
Dec 12 21:06:32 no fonts available : HANGUL
Dec 12 21:06:32 -----
Dec 12 21:06:32 max texture size 8192
Dec 12 21:06:32 can do shadows
Dec 12 21:06:32 can use 2x tex
Dec 12 21:06:32 can do multi tex
Dec 12 21:06:32 can use dynamic tex
Dec 12 21:06:32 can use compressed tex
Dec 12 21:06:32 initialisations
Dec 12 21:06:32 tables
Dec 12 21:06:32 default light map
Dec 12 21:06:32 start viewer
Dec 12 21:06:32 end of initialisation
Dec 12 21:06:53 shutting down
Dec 12 21:06:53 free languages
Dec 12 21:06:53 free font
Dec 12 21:06:53 kill graphics
Dec 12 21:06:53 save config
Dec 12 21:06:53 free mouse
Dec 12 21:06:53 EXIT

EDIT: gfx asus ah3450 driver´: 8.522.0.0

EDIT2: NOW IT WORKS
Attached images
viewer error.JPG
Quote from Esrever :But something worries me, am I the only one who is experiencing graphical problems with the new viewer?

Hardware: P4 @ 2.4GHZ / 640MB / Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 256MB / Windows XP pro.

I’m a bit worried because this might happen to LFS after the upcoming patch. Been playing LFS sins the beginning of 2003 without any graphical problems.

No, you are not the only one. I think about three other people have reported that. We'd better try and figure out the pattern.

Can anyone who sees this fault please report their graphics card and drivers version?

And can anyone else with the same graphics card let us know if it works ok on your computer, and if so, which driver version you are using?
is this scirocco gonna have rallycross setup?
Scawen, any slight updates to the 2006 Sauber?
I do get a graphics problem, but I have to load every car on in the viewer at least once (from memory first time I saw it I loaded the VWS then every car from top to bottom, then the VWS again), for some reason most of the textures are dumped and I have to restart to fix it, which I suspect could be a drivers issue (Catalyst® Version 08.7 on an X1900XTX).

A lot of what I am seeing as issues in here are usually caused by drivers.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Quote from Tezuka :Scawen, any slight updates to the 2006 Sauber?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ demo racer ^^ but no
Quote from Scawen :....... And can anyone else with the same graphics card let us know if it works ok on your computer, and if so, which driver version you are using?

Well to be complete:
Nvidia GeForce FX 5700
(Foreceware 93.71)

I've just updated to the latest drivers from Nvidia (Driver version 6.14.11.7519), but still got the same problems. Even looks like I got more problems now. In some views from beneath the car when I move the mouse I get pollys (spelling) gone insane. No way to get a screenshot because it's gone as soon as I press the Print Scrn button.
#488 - Aid
i wonder if developers want to use dx9/10 shaders in future.. because its still based on dx8?
Quote from Scawen :No, you are not the only one. I think about three other people have reported that. We'd better try and figure out the pattern.

Can anyone who sees this fault please report their graphics card and drivers version?

And can anyone else with the same graphics card let us know if it works ok on your computer, and if so, which driver version you are using?

GeForce FX5700LE
ForceWare 169.21
I get this
Great car, and made very, very nice! I like the interior too. Great that it's finally getting some more great depth (armrests/doorpanels) instead of just dds pictures!
Quote from Scawen :
So... it'll be a nice patch with some noticeable improvements and the new car, but not really representative of the amount of work that has been done since patch Z.

so did you do much more but unfinished improvements?
btw.. my old questin is still not answerd :S
What about confort and sport mode ?? it's different setup or real time change ?
The only graphical issue I'm seeing is that the tires come down below the shadows in the viewer where they didn't previously. Makes it look somewhat odd when viewing at nearly ground-level.
great news! really looking forward to it!

...hoping for the possibility of taking the new car to the dirt track!
Fantastic detail on the new car... The interior is stunning, and little details like the disc brakes and caliper looks very nice too. Starting to take LFS cars to a new level, nice to see.

That photo of the blue race Scirocco with the number and Nurburgring map on it is very nice! Someone should make a skin of that in LFS
I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.
Attached images
Scirocco Real&LFS.jpg
This is a hard choice for me, what shall i buy first in [TC], the FXO, or the Scirocco
Quote from Flame CZE :I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.

Side on, it looks like an estate.
I think the first thing i will do when the scirrocco comes out is to crash it into a red and white barrier to find out if it flies
Quote from Flame CZE :I tried to compare real car to LFS one. Nice, almost the same.

tbh this is not a supprise, i think your find in the video it said eric had a model from volkswagen that he used as a base
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG