The online racing simulator
I agree with Blueflame, personally I would love to see Kimi go there and really ruffle his feathers (Fingers) and expose that without the protection of RBR he is going to struggle. Kimi would be the perfect person for this because he seems to not give a damn about the politics of F1.
Vettel and Raikkonen are friends, so I guess as team mates they can work well. Thats the partnership I would expect there. I expect it to form into similar to Vettel and Webbers partnership though, I cant see Kimi being able to consistently match Vettel, although surely it will be closer than Webber and Vettel have been this season.
I never understood that Vettel and Räikkönnen are friends... I mean... they couldn't be more opposite.

Like Sebastian is always trying to hard to BE funny, and Kimi is always trying NOT to be funny.

Sebastian doesn't know when to shut his mouth, Kimi doesn't know when to open it.

Sebastian thinks he's gods gift, Kimi doesn't care either way.

Oh, and Kimi is actually genuinely talented.
Vettel will only be friends with Kimi as long as the Finn is behind him.

I would love to see Kimi really get under Vettel's skin.
Quote from Rappa Z :
I would love to see Kimi really get under Vettel's skin.

I like the way you say it.
I think what happens next is solely what the Torro Rosso drivers do, if someone doesn't step up then Kimi would take it instead.

Kimi coming to Redbull will be good for Vettel, whether he ends up dominating or being dominated it will let him know where he stands, Vettel knows some of the grid don't take him seriously because they think he has the best car by miles and its eating him inside.

Personally I think what will happen is Vettel will destroy Kimi qualifying wise which in turn will hamper kimis ability to stay with Vettel in the races, which I think they will be quite close race pace wise.
I think Kimi stays with Lotus and wont join RBR because nobody wants to be teammate with RBRs lovechild Vettel.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp : because nobody wants to be teammate with RBRs lovechild Vettel.

I don't know about that. There are a few drivers currently in shit teams who can only just fight for points that would like to get podiums 'n shit. Some people are Alpha. Some people are not, and those that are not are happy to be 2nd driver. Such as Massa
I distinctively remember Kimi saying he's not driving next year (2010) without a winning car. Well, does he want more winning car as compared to commorodary. Surely I think he wants more and more winning car. In fact he probably doesn't even take anything else in consideration (unpolitical person).

Keep in mind that he will be the oldest driver on the grid as well. So he wouldn't stay there for awfully too long, which would work great for Sebastian. This would give chance to Hulkenberg to hitch a ride with Lotus and finally get out of the 2nd class cars to start shinning. And also Bottas could then move out of Williams. It's a win-win situation, very exciting.
Quote from N I K I :I distinctively remember Kimi saying he's not driving next year (2010) without a winning car. Well, does he want more winning car as compared to commorodary. Surely I think he wants more and more winning car. In fact he probably doesn't even take anything else in consideration (unpolitical person).

Keep in mind that he will be the oldest driver on the grid as well. So he wouldn't stay there for awfully too long, which would work great for Sebastian. This would give chance to Hulkenberg to hitch a ride with Lotus and finally get out of the 2nd class cars to start shinning. And also Bottas could then move out of Williams. It's a win-win situation, very exciting.

Kimi the oldest driver on the grid... **** it was only like yesterday he was a white haired, fresh faces 19yo.
Pirelli, for Nürbertring:
Someone post Nurburgring GP thread...? Bloody Brits still talking in Silverstone thread.
CH: " Our objectives are very simple: we want the best two drivers in our cars. If they come from Toro Rosso, fantastic as they develop nicely. But we always push to have the best two drivers available."

This could mean that Hulkenberg would have a nice chance to drive RedBull as well. I don't see why not if Kimi decides to stay at Lotus. Hulkenberg is as good of a qualifier as Ricciardo, if not better and Ricciardo is rather underperforming in races atm while Hulkenberg has brought every last drop of performance out of the car in every race he has ever done frankly.
Hulkenberg is super talented.
Thanks Captain Obvious
if that statement were true they wouldnt have webber driving one of their cars
How can we tell Hulkenburg is as good as anybody he hasn't been team mates with, i mean we know he would beat Chilton and van de garde but apart from that we don't know too much.

People want to make comparisons but when drivers like Hamilton get wacked by Rosberg anything can happen.

From what I have seen in the last two years:
Ricciardo is very good in Qualifying and in the races he is equal with Vergne from what I can see, but his problem is he is terrible in Wet conditions where Vergne is really fast in tricky weather.
Quote from Mustafur :
People want to make comparisons but when drivers like Hamilton get wacked by Rosberg anything can happen.

Why are you such an ignorant arse?

Hamilton hasn't been 'wacked' by Rosberg at all. They've been basically the same. The difference is luck has come through for Nico, but not for Lewis. Had Lewis' tyre not gone at Silverstone, they'd be a win a piece and Hamilton would still have more poles.

So why not think before you speak?
Quote from BlueFlame :Why are you such an ignorant arse?

Hamilton hasn't been 'wacked' by Rosberg at all. They've been basically the same. The difference is luck has come through for Nico, but not for Lewis. Had Lewis' tyre not gone at Silverstone, they'd be a win a piece and Hamilton would still have more poles.

So why not think before you speak?

Rosberg can beat Hamilton on his day and thats the point im trying to raise, most pundits would of said Hamilton would wipe the floor with Rosberg because they thought Schumacher had passed it and thought he wasn't a good comparison.

I think Hamilton is probably better overall then Rosberg still but there is no doubting Rosbergs ability to beat Hamilton on certain rounds convincingly.

Like its always been, Average driver beating a below average driver in Supreme equipment in F1 terms means they are a elite Driver(Perfect example of this would be Damon Hill).

Where as a High end Driver beating an Average driver in Sub Par equipment in F1 terms means they are Average(Button in Honda era would be good example).

But im sorry for saying something against your favorite driver forgive me.
Mustafur dude : of course he kicked Barrichello's ass, but that was to be expected. He then kicked di Shista's ass too who isn't all too bad either and he is completely outclassing this useless Gutierez rookie.

It's the only driver I remember from F3000 when I used to watching regularly a while ago and guy is just like blazzingly quick. Have a look at some onboard footage of close racing with Schumacher or Raikkonen, he just has enormous track respect. No issues like Perez whatsoever. Have a look at his Brasil pole in that I mean omg Williams craphole, completely Sennaing everyone with some incredible style of driving, seconds ahead of them. It's just such a shame Sauber is atm only quicker than Williams.... that is 8th quickest car, which means his position would be 16th, yet he is p10 like every race... I think he is far better than Ricciardo and Vergne. Vergne, he is not even in contention, guy just has issues with pressure.
And he has done 3 seasons in slower cars, he is perfectly acostumazed to Formula 1. Even if he ends up in Lotus, he will win far more than Raikkonen did with Lotus.

But yea, in the end we'll just see Kimi there in that RedBull and that is it, still fun making this little theories.
Quote from N I K I :Mustafur dude : of course he kicked Barrichello's ass, but that was to be expected. He then kicked di Shista's ass too who isn't all too bad either and he is completely outclassing this useless Gutierez rookie.

It's the only driver I remember from F3000 when I used to watching regularly a while ago and guy is just like blazzingly quick. Have a look at some onboard footage of close racing with Schumacher or Raikkonen, he just has enormous track respect. No issues like Perez whatsoever. Have a look at his Brasil pole in that I mean omg Williams craphole, completely Sennaing everyone with some incredible style of driving, seconds ahead of them. It's just such a shame Sauber is atm only quicker than Williams.... that is 8th quickest car, which means his position would be 16th, yet he is p10 like every race... I think he is far better than Ricciardo and Vergne. Vergne, he is not even in contention, guy just has issues with pressure.
And he has done 3 seasons in slower cars, he is perfectly acostumazed to Formula 1. Even if he ends up in Lotus, he will win far more than Raikkonen did with Lotus.

But yea, in the end we'll just see Kimi there in that RedBull and that is it, still fun making this little theories.

Well for starters Barrichello actually outperformed him in qualiying and in points(I would say Maldonado looked more impressive against Barrichello then Hulkenburg in his rookie year as he actually outqualified him reguarly).

One pole position doesn't change that fact.

The rest of what you said is pure speculation, and sounds like James allen talking About Hamilton when he was at ITV
Quote from Mustafur :Well for starters Barrichello actually outperformed him in qualiying and in points(I would say Maldonado looked more impressive against Barrichello then Hulkenburg in his rookie year as he actually outqualified him reguarly).

One pole position doesn't change that fact.

The rest of what you said is pure speculation, and sounds like James allen talking About Hamilton when he was at ITV

thats cos it was his rookie season against a veteran... and still his peaks were better. In 2nd part of season he outqualed and outscoored roobinho. I forgot to mention how he owned maldonado in gp2, perez too and lead brazilian 2012 gp from 7th or so on the grid. And as I said wooped ass with di Shista. You might want to reconsider ur embarassing point of view The guy is a gold mine, trust me on that one.
Quote from N I K I :thats cos it was his rookie season against a veteran... and still his peaks were better. In 2nd part of season he outqualed and outscoored roobinho. I forgot to mention how he owned maldonado in gp2, perez too and lead brazilian 2012 gp from 7th or so on the grid. And as I said wooped ass with di Shista. You might want to reconsider ur embarassing point of view The guy is a gold mine, trust me on that one.

Justin Wilson beat Mark Webber in the same team in F3000, when it came to being in the same team in Jaguar in 2003, Webber was having a field day.

Previous categories doesn't mean everything, look at Kobayashi for example, sucked ass in GP2 then blasted on the scene when he got into F1.
Quote from Mustafur :Justin Wilson beat Mark Webber in the same team in F3000, when it came to being in the same team in Jaguar in 2003, Webber was having a field day.

Previous categories doesn't mean everything, look at Kobayashi for example, sucked ass in GP2 then blasted on the scene when he got into F1.

And that means nothing either. Maldonado never beat him 1on1. Besides, I think we're talking about someone who is bound to be a champion. You really need to rewatch Brasil12. If Alonso drove as quick as Nico did there with 2nd or even 3rd class car, Alonso would have been a 2012 wdchamp.
Quote from N I K I :And that means nothing either. Maldonado never beat him 1on1. Besides, I think we're talking about someone who is bound to be a champion. You really need to rewatch Brasil12. If Alonso drove as quick as Nico did there with 2nd or even 3rd class car, Alonso would have been a 2012 wdchamp.

in wet conditions the way cars work is completely different.

For instance before 2009 the Redbulls were really fast in weather despite being midfield in any other condition.

Time will tell but your talking as if he is the best driver on the grid without any true evidence.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG