The online racing simulator
perhaps even though its known that he has had some back issues since he was driving rally
Hulkenberg jumping in ?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hulkenberg jumping in ?

Well for hulk going from one non-paying team to another won't really help him
Lotus is in a weird position because as it is right now they have every chance to get 3rd in the constructors but if they put a their rookie 3rd driver its likely he will be out of the points while he gets used to the car(thanks to the lack of testing), or they can get someone with more experinence and have a chance to get a few points to help them get higher up and hence more money.
Maldonado to Lotus
Lotus would be retarded to put Maldonado in their car. When it actually comes to racing other cars for position other than Grosjean in the beginning where he was just makng errors Maldonado will consciously crash into other cars.
Felipe Massa reveals he held talks with Lotus and McLaren before signing for ... - SkySports http://j.mp/1gDEUS2
#motorsport #f1 #news

Derp...........................................
Morons, Perez only needed a competetive car, not a trashbox like they have this year, I'd laugh my arse off if dane would be another Maldonado/Grosjean in 2012 and they'd have even more problems.
Quote from TexasLTU :Morons, Perez only needed a competetive car, not a trashbox like they have this year, I'd laugh my arse off if dane would be another Maldonado/Grosjean in 2012 and they'd have even more problems.

I concur.
I'm happy for Magnussen and won't miss Perez.

At all.
I have nothing against Perez, but Button is not a great qualifier and has out qualified him..
Quote from TexasLTU :Morons, Perez only needed a competetive car, not a trashbox like they have this year, I'd laugh my arse off if dane would be another Maldonado/Grosjean in 2012 and they'd have even more problems.

Perez is just lazy...he isn't professionnal at all, he can't really help a team to improve like Lewis was and he isn't as fast as the brit as well.

Yes the McLaren this year wasn't the best car, but at the end of the day it misses what ... 0.5s to be at the top. Perez isn't able to reach the last few tenths, neither is Button. McLaren line up was missing someone like that and had only one driver that was able to give a good feedback to his engineers in order to know which way to go in order to improve the car and/or get the maximum from it. Perez is definitely not that man.

Yeah F1 isn't about being fast.
I think hiring Magnussen is a bad idea not because he isn't talented but because with the lack of testing its unrealistic to expect decent results untill the second half of there 2nd season before the consistency comes.

Hamilton had more miles under his belt in the Mclaren before he started his rookie season then Grosjean does now currently for Lotus, and when you think about it, its self explanitory on his form till now.
Looks like Sauber has a good plan B

That being said, Perez wasn't that great. What do they have to lose if Magnussen doesn't pan out? New car, everyone has to learn it... he would've had to move to a new series anyways.

Other news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24907004

Would've been awesome if Kubica raced last 2 races for Raikkonen
Quote from Bmxtwins :Looks like Sauber has a good plan B

That being said, Perez wasn't that great. What do they have to lose if Magnussen doesn't pan out?

Constructors championship points, the financial aspects that go with it, the sponsorship Perez brings to the team. Quite a bit actually. Would have thought Hulk would have been a better bet honestly

Having said that I still think Magnussen has more to lose than McLaren, if it goes badly then with the fact that if McLaren replace him, he then loses the backing hes had for his career, its pretty much all or nothing.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Constructors championship points, the financial aspects that go with it, the sponsorship Perez brings to the team. Quite a bit actually. Would have thought Hulk would have been a better bet honestly

Having said that I still think Magnussen has more to lose than McLaren, if it goes badly then with the fact that if McLaren replace him, he then loses the backing hes had for his career, its pretty much all or nothing.

For sure they've seen something in tests that have impressed. Surely as it will be his first season he will be given some slack?
I don't know of a single rookie other then Kobayashi that was able to score consistent points as a rookie, even Hulkenburg had a fairly rough rookie season but showed good pace here and there.

He will need to be pretty much the most impresive rookie since the testing ban to have a chance at staying at Mclaren i think, which i think is unreasonable as some talents take a few years to show true pace, strong qualifying would be the main thing I would look for in a rookie if i was them.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :To be fair Perez really needed to prove himself as a top driver this year and he hasn't done it. It's a tough break but I don't think it's 'unfair' at all. .

He has proved himself. Remember Perez has had multiple issues with the car all season and drove around it. He's out performed Button on many occasion when the car was working fine. Remove the times when he had a puncture or car failure and he'd be matching Button for points more or less.
Quote from BlueFlame :He has proved himself. Remember Perez has had multiple issues with the car all season and drove around it. He's out performed Button on many occasion when the car was working fine. Remove the times when he had a puncture or car failure and he'd be matching Button for points more or less.

He did better at Sauber... (Assuming he doesn't get 32 points in the last 2 races)

Half the time Perez is no where, where button always manages to get a decent point scoring result.

In saying that Perez obviously has a bit of speed on occasion i don't understand Mclarens reason for droping him unless its a personal issue, but still making mistakes at his rate after the 3rd season is quite ridiculious.

Even still why not go for Hulkenburg?

Hulk would be mad to choose Lotus over Mclaren IMO, especially long term.
Quote from Gougoodthing :He did better at Sauber... (Assuming he doesn't get 32 points in the last 2 races)

This is true, but actually Sauber over the last few years have made less pitstop errors than McLaren have. So maybe it's just a simple case of McLaren falling behind somewhat which reflects in the car.

McLaren would be better by hiring Di Resta or Hulkenberg rather than Magnussen though. They've both already proved they have what it takes. I don't think it was fair to give Perez only one season and then dump him. He's not been in F1 for aslong as Button, and he hasn't been in McLaren for as long as Button either. So as far as team-mate comparisons go it is really harsh to compare him against button.

Infact come to think of it, the majority of Sergios poor results in McLaren have been due to strategy fails..

but Mustafur, please tell me which mistakes Perez has made because I don't recall a single one this season. The only thing that comes close was the tyre failure at Korea, which was indirectly induced by a lock-up, which I wouldn't really class as a mistake because the right front takes a pounding around Korea.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG