The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What happened BlueFlame? 2 years ago you loved Hamilton. You were the leader of his fan club. You guys went karting together! What happened? Did he not send you a christmas card?

Haha, I can't forget those arguments between him (+ DevilDare) and me. I was a hardcore hater back then, but I'm starting to kinda like the guy... Probably because he didn't do anything stupid lately.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What happened BlueFlame? 2 years ago you loved Hamilton. You were the leader of his fan club. You guys went karting together! What happened? Did he not send you a christmas card?

I think you have confused me for intrepid.
Fully expect Hamilton to come back in 2013 American.
Quote from BlueFlame :I think you have confused me for intrepid.

I think both of you were like king and queen of his fan club. Maybe my mind is getting foggy with age and it was Intrepid. Sorry for the accidental bash if it wasn't you who loved Hamilton. If this is the case, replace my prior post with Intrepid instead of BlueFlame(r).
Quote from tristancliffe :Alonso finished 2nd in a poor car (at best the 3rd quickest on the grid, at worst 6th or 7th), and basically didn't make a mistake all year. He has to be #1.

Hamilton was quick, but was either let down by his car, his team or his own immature brain. Vettel was quick, but also had car problems and a couple of incidents of brain fade. So I think they're on a tie overall for 2nd (but I still rate Vettel as better).

After that it becomes a meaningless list of names in no particular order...

This.

Perhaps honourable mentions for Perez and Maldonado for their sporadic showings.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Hamilton was quick, but was either let down by his car, his team or his own immature brain.

Grosjean stays at Lotus.
Kobyashi gives up on 2013 seat chance.

Source: Autosport.com
Quote from GianniC :Grosjean stays at Lotus.
Kobyashi gives up on 2013 seat chance.

Source: Autosport.com

No surprises there. Grosjean was always candidate #1 at Lotus, given his French connection. I'm disappointed about Kobayashi - the fact that he hasn't been able to secure an F1 seat, but also that he isn't interested in driving in any other category. He could at least try to race in WEC or similar, to keep his skills up as well as to promote himself to other sponsors.
No surprises that Max Chilton is racing for Marussia next year
But will the Chilton's buy Marussia like they have every other team they've raced with.
#62 - CSF
Mercedes going recruiting nuts again.
Apparently getting rid of Ross Brawn is quite controversial but he's hardly shone as a principal from the moment he sacked a load of the work force that built him a championship winning car. The double DRS thing last year was quite a big screw up.
They weren't sacked, they were made redundant. Because the budget was barely 10% of Honda's.

The DDRS was a huge screw up. Only 4 teams copied it. Terrible.

I suspect you are thinking of the wrong man/team. Perhaps you've mistaken Brawn and Mercedes for Luis Perez-Sala and HRT?
Quote :They weren't sacked, they were made redundant. Because the budget was barely 10% of Honda's

That means nothing to the point I was making.

Quote :The DDRS was a huge screw up. Only 4 teams copied it. Terrible.

I suspect you are thinking of the wrong man/team. Perhaps you've mistaken Brawn and Mercedes for Luis Perez-Sala and HRT?

Is making something for your car that makes it go slower not a screw up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19064856

Even Brawn thinks he screwed up on double drs so I don't know why you disagree.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104198
I don't get it? He screwed up because he took a risk? This is F1, team principals take risks, sometimes they work (F-Duct, flexi-wing etc..., double-decker diffuser) sometimes they don't (DDRS, front exhaust etc...). Risk is part of the game.
Quote from Intrepid :I don't get it? He screwed up because he took a risk? This is F1, team principals take risks, sometimes they work (F-Duct, flexi-wing etc..., double-decker diffuser) sometimes they don't (DDRS, front exhaust etc...). Risk is part of the game.

Not to get too involved since you guys seem to be having fun, but that is odd reasoning. He didn't screw up in taking a risk. He screwed up in having that risk not pay off in the end. Risk is part of the game, yes. That doesn't mean it can't screw you over in the end though, does it?

Risk vs reward, all that.
Brawn had to take risks to catch up some ground, either way like newey at Red Bull before the big reg change in 2009 he isn't going to be able to do much till the regulations open up again( since falling behind badly after Brawn F1s lack of budget).
Quote from Mustafur :Brawn had to take risks to catch up some ground, either way like newey at Red Bull before the big reg change in 2009 he isn't going to be able to do much till the regulations open up again( since falling behind badly after Brawn F1s lack of budget).

Speaking of Brawn's lack of money and that "barely 10%" budget http://www.pitpass.com/42149-T ... -Brawn-GPs-record-revenue
Quote from Mustafur :Honda did give them a redundency allowence which they used to contend the season however it was miniscule compared to rival teams budgets, the link you just posted even states that.

It also states a lot of other things.
Looks like its a choice between Brawn and Paddy Lowe for Mercedes.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG