The online racing simulator
So how shit was this race then? I was too busy watching real moto3/moto2/motogp racing where the tyres are made to survive a race and the riders are pushing like hell to win instead of managing some bs cruising strategy.
I'd be pretty annoyed too if a driver with fading brakes and tyres, having made the decision to try to make it to then end himself, then almost slams into his team-mate while defending a position he was never going to keep and almost handing a podium to Massa.
Kimi just isn't doing a good enough job right now. Have to wonder if he would be having these issues if he was testing in the simulator etc to increase "track time" to be able to fix the issues hes had since they introduced fix pressures and camber.

And yep Vettel deserved it. Was good to see a proper celebration too, I'm actually surprised there arent more haters here saying that he should get a penalty for that.
Quote from IsaacPrice :
And yep Vettel deserved it. Was good to see a proper celebration too, I'm actually surprised there arent more haters here saying that he should get a penalty for that.

I see to recall Webber got some warning or infraction or something for the 2009 Abu Dhabi conclusion donuts.
Super result for Crashsean It'd be hilarious if he'd be able to beat Räikkönen on points next season
Vettel reprimanded and RB fined for, as the media put it, the 'donuts'. Actually is for not going to parc ferme straight away.

Quote from arseflame :So how shit was this race then? I was too busy watching real moto3/moto2/motogp racing where the tyres are made to survive a race and the riders are pushing like hell to win instead of managing some bs cruising strategy.

wow so high horse very informed so super arse

note: moto3 race was nice
Quote from BlueFlame :So how shit was this race then? I was too busy watching real moto3/moto2/motogp racing where the tyres are made to survive a race and the riders are pushing like hell to win instead of managing some bs cruising strategy.

Do you follow Moto GP? How many F1 drivers have been disqualified this season for doing too many laps on a set of tyres?
Quote from IsaacPrice :And yep Vettel deserved it. Was good to see a proper celebration too, I'm actually surprised there arent more haters here saying that he should get a penalty for that.

This actually happened
Quote from ajp71 :Do you follow Moto GP? How many F1 drivers have been disqualified this season for doing too many laps on a set of tyres?

Pirelli did request lap limits today and the FIA said they possibly would look at sanctions. In the end they didn't, but there was still a level of intent similar to that of Philip Island
Quote from ajp71 :Do you follow Moto GP? How many F1 drivers have been disqualified this season for doing too many laps on a set of tyres?

They pushed like hell within a completely safe margin. umad
Quote from Feuerdrache :It's amazing some can't differ between inside and outside of a corner. Picture 2 is clearly the exit (outside) of the long right-hander

Are you for real? With that logic the 2nd turn of any chicane is "the exit of the first turn". You have three turns there. First one is a right hander and that is followed by a left hander. If you go wide on the exit of the first turn you cut the apex of the second turn. Period. All drivers were effectively cutting that apex at some part of the quali or race. It is just typical inconsistency from fia to allow it.
+1
Quote from Hyperactive :Are you for real? With that logic the 2nd turn of any chicane is "the exit of the first turn". You have three turns there. First one is a right hander and that is followed by a left hander. If you go wide on the exit of the first turn you cut the apex of the second turn. Period. All drivers were effectively cutting that apex at some part of the quali or race. It is just typical inconsistency from fia to allow it.

Turn 1 is one not comparable with the corner I mentioned. There is still a short straight before the next left-right high-speed corners. And funny that you mentioned chicanes: No one will run with wide in the first corner to compromise the second part of a chicane. I wouldn't compare that at all to the example of picture 2..

And typical inconsistency: Then ask Whiting about why he allowed it. Don't blame the drivers for something they have been told that they can do in qualifying and race.
Dodging swear filters like a mother****er.
hope Hulk gets the Lotus ride
Almost certain Maldonado has been bought out of a bidding war for the Lotus seat by Quantum, but he will have a drive next season for sure. There are plenty of teams out there on the grid struggling financially, Force India or Sauber are likely destinations for the Venezuelan. But so glad to see Hulkenberg finally get the drive he deserves, just hope Lotus will be successful without Alison in 2014. Also great to see Williams using their brains and going with Bottas for another season.

Who's heard about Alonso being readmitted to hospital after leaving Abu Dhabi?
Quote from vipex123 :
Who's heard about Alonso being readmitted to hospital after leaving Abu Dhabi?

He suffered 28G in that episode with Vergne (jumping over the curbs) at 270 kph, so it was mandatory to have a look in medical centre.
Are PDVSA free to go from Williams though? Last I saw they were committed for another two years, which means they will probably have to fork over some cash if they want to leave too.
Pretty conflicting reports about that. I heard the G sensors were fitted incorrectly, then other people are saying he has gone back there for further checks etc. Not really sure what the exact situation is, seems like he is just a bit sore rather than any real doubt over being in the next race.
Quote from Rappa Z :Are PDVSA free to go from Williams though? Last I saw they were committed for another two years, which means they will probably have to fork over some cash if they want to leave too.

Massa is only going to Williams with $6m, I would think PDVSA have forked out a lot of money to break their contract and buy their way up the grid rather than paying $30m to invest in a car that's languishing outside the points.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG