The online racing simulator
Yes, that's why I said the end of next year.
#MassatoWilliams2014

When did Massa start following Williams? Is he following anybody else?

Hope he gets a seat next year. Whether Williams will be any good is a big question. Mind you, big change in regulations could shake things up initially.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :When did Massa start following Williams? Is he following anybody else?

The way that Twitter works is that the "followers" list is ordered from newest followers to oldest followers. Considering that he is currently about 50th on the list, not too long before before I posted that pic.
#958 - CSF
Quote from Gougoodthing :The way that Twitter works is that the "followers" list is ordered from newest followers to oldest followers. Considering that he is currently about 50th on the list, not too long before before I posted that pic.

Interesting. Might have just been set follow them by his management company to promote a bit of internet chatter (so that worked!) and perhaps give Lotus / Sauber a little nudge.
#963 - CSF
Dan should get a Red Bull, and for a laugh Mark should get to run a Porsche.
Quote from BlueFlame :Hopefully they'll use him in Ricciardo's car so Vergne doesn't lose any seat time. Well, that would be the logical thing to do..

Considering Ricciardos form Over Vergne i would say the opposite would be better? I mean as a point scoring reason.

On Vergne I don't really see the point in keeping him, i mean he peforms well in the races but hes qualifing deficit is soo bad compared to Ricciardo its nuts.

If Vergne completely destroys Kyvat next year in qualifying would that not only confirm how good Ricciardo would be?

I can't see a future for Vergne either way, he seems like he will be used as a bench mark.

Even the top drivers like Alonso and Button who are not really known for qualifying speed had the ability to stick it high up the grid with middle equipment in there early years, Vergne doesn't have that ability.
Well if Ricciardo is as good as you're suggesting, he won't need the seat time to produce a good result, as much as Vergne would and since Ricciardo is going to RBR next year anyway, why would they want him in the TR more than he needs to be?
Quote from BlueFlame :Well if Ricciardo is as good as you're suggesting, he won't need the seat time to produce a good result, as much as Vergne would and since Ricciardo is going to RBR next year anyway, why would they want him in the TR more than he needs to be?

Because he is still developing?

Considering he is going to be an important asset next year, wouldn't that give some priority?

With lack of testing these days drivers are like a season behind coming into F1 compared to the way it was before.

Being good doesnt mean good enough, they can be better with more experience and given the task he has next season the more the better.
They want a reference point for someone new coming in, rather than 1 guy sucking making the other guy look good
This is a part of F1 that doesn't often appear in other forms of single seater motorport as they are usually spec series:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24659085

Just as Princess Leia said that "the more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers", then the more regulation there is in F1, the more ingenious innovations appear.
Quote from Mustafur :Because he is still developing?

Well RB clearly think he's ready for the RBR seat so I don't see any benefit to him driving the TR that much. When you have fresh talent and a mainstay and both of them are in the TR next year I'd say it was more beneficial to have those guys in the car as much as possible.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well RB clearly think he's ready for the RBR seat so I don't see any benefit to him driving the TR that much. When you have fresh talent and a mainstay and both of them are in the TR next year I'd say it was more beneficial to have those guys in the car as much as possible.

that would be the case if TR was its own team, but it isn't its whole existence is to serve the interests of the main squad.
Quote from Mustafur :that would be the case if TR was its own team, but it isn't its whole existence is to serve the interests of the main squad.

Well you have to prepare your lower tier more than you do your upper tier. You wouldn't nuture and train talent that's already at the level you desire..
Quote from BlueFlame :Well you have to prepare your lower tier more than you do your upper tier. You wouldn't nuture and train talent that's already at the level you desire..

They already said Ricciardo is a long term option.

which would suggest they still see development in him.
Martin Brundle, stop whining about track limits!
Raikkonen on the option or prime? If Webber can make a decent start, could be in for a pretty decent race for the win, but thats a pretty big if
Kimi is on option iirc... But it will be interesting to see how Webber's strategy pans out

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG