The online racing simulator
Now we need what a start from Hamilton and Grosjean too and it's gonna be a fun race.
Webber and his KERS problems again. What a joke... Well done, Hamilton, Vettel's face was priceless at the end.

Weather will be on Lotus' side, it will be epic hot tomorrow, hopefully it works out for them.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Webber and his KERS problems again. What a joke... Well done, Hamilton, Vettel's face was priceless at the end.

Weather will be on Lotus' side, it will be epic hot tomorrow, hopefully it works out for them.

I can see the Merc's tyres melting before they've even finished the rolling lap.

I guess it's pretty lucky the opposition don't have Hamilton in a competitive/team otherwise the lap times between him and the rest could get a bit silly
At least Vetl didn't get pole. I hope that Crashjean gets a good start, what is the point in wrecking into the "monkeys at the back".
@Alonso to RedBull news : It's probably Fernando just sending ducks Ferrari's way to make them work their lazy Italian asses off during this summer break for rest of the season. But, I guess if this things don't go well at Ferrari it might get serious. Therefor, not expecting RedBull to announce anything yet in months.
No.

Alonso's manager is also the manager of Carlos Sainz Jr, who impressed Red Bull a lot in the young driver tests. Sainz is currently in GP3 and will be shooting to get in amongst Red Bull before everything settles down. He has also raced for Arden hence the Horner connection. The media has seen this and blown it full scale because there is nothing to talk about going into the summer break, sure Vettel was beaten but he actually extended his lead in the championship.
Well the biggest believable rumour I've heard is that Kimi couldn't be convinced to leave Lotus which in my mind suggests he wanted equal/number 1 status and they wouldn't give him that.

The other rumour is that Riccardo is pretty much set for the RB seat.
By if I meant they most likely will fail as all this years (Ferrari ) and yea if you can't beat them, join them.

But MBrundle said nicely it's weird this goes all public, when it all can be done outside the race weekend. This why I'm thinking it surely is also to make Ferrari pull into 7th gear.
I think everyone wants to be in the RB, but in all honesty, with the massive rules overhaul next year, I don't think changing around to find a better team is the thing to do, if you're already in one of the top 5 teams.
Quote from BlueFlame :

The other rumour is that Riccardo is pretty much set for the RB seat.

Which is strange since JEV beat him once again in Hungary.
Quote from BlueFlame :but in all honesty, with the massive rules overhaul next year

It's engine change. RedBull will eventually find a way around that exhaust pipe again.

edit:
Quote from vipex123 :Which is strange since JEV beat him once again in Hungary.

I think JEV is a bit of a wild card though, we saw his rage ram on Kovalainen I think it was a Valencia last year he's quick as hell and definately knows how to setup a car, but I don't know, I think Ricciardo is the kind of guy you can rely on, I don't think JEV would follow team-orders too well.. mind you, neither does Vettel..
Quote from vipex123 :Which is strange since JEV beat him once again in Hungary.

usually happens when one stays in the pit for over 20 seconds.
Looking through stats, seems like Hungary is the only current F1 circuit Vettel hasn't won at. Funny that, because Hungary is regarded as a driver circuit.
#640 - CSF
When has Hungary ever been regarded as a driver circuit?
Quote from CSF :When has Hungary ever been regarded as a driver circuit?

Because a driver can make the difference, A la Damon Hill in the Arrows or even Thierry Boutsen, you spend most your time in a corner, so Aerodynamic ability isn't the fore of this track because a bigger portion than usual of the on track advantage comes from mechanical grip and being smooth.

Surely you'd know this, Herr Schumacher himself has said that the difference at the Hungaroring is driver ability.
#642 - CSF
Never heard anyone say its a drivers track, most have usually said its where a cars deficiencies can be masked ala Hill and Boutsen as you said.

Hill 97
Quote from CSF :, most have usually said its where a cars deficiencies can be masked

That is the definition of a drivers circuit is it not?
#644 - CSF
Not really, in Boutsen's case the Williams was a good chassis, but Renault were still developing the engine, and in Hill's case the chassis was improving and the Bridgestone's were the tyre to have that weekend. Always been a weird track the Hungaroring.
Quote from CSF :Not really, in Boutsen's case the Williams was a good chassis, but Renault were still developing the engine, and in Hill's case the chassis was improving and the Bridgestone's were the tyre to have that weekend. Always been a weird track the Hungaroring.

Look at Hills results, he only got into the points on one other occasion.

Look at Boutsen's result at Hungaroring, finishing a fraction ahead of Ayrton Senna but still 30seconds or whatever up the road from Patrese. The car was decent, but the McLaren was still the car to be in, in 1990.

As for Hill, the Arrows was an out-of-the-points car, but Hill wheeled it at Hungaroring because he gels with the track.

Hungaroring is a drivers circuit, you don't need to be in the best car to win there, regardless of the weather conditions, as opposed to Monza or Spa where if the track is anything but pissing it down, you need the car under you to win.
The Arrows did soo well because the Bridgestone Tyre advantage over Goodyear there was massive, Hill did do quite well in qualifying but in the end he was gifted the hope of winning when Frenzen had to retire.
Quote from Mustafur :The Arrows did soo well because the Bridgestone Tyre advantage over Goodyear there was massive, Hill did do quite well in qualifying but in the end he was gifted the hope of winning when Frenzen had to retire.

Look at Qualy, two seconds faster than Diniz [OK not exactly something to shout about] but also miles quicker than anyone else on the Bridgestone tyre.

If the bridgestone advantage was so big, why did only Hill benefit from it? :S

There's no official mention of teh Bridgestone tyre being a better tyre anywhere I've looked, 1997 was their first season in F1 and they were still developing the tyre properly, only the teams with no money bothered to get a deal with them, because it was obviously cheaper than running with Goodyear.
Quote from BlueFlame :Look at Qualy, two seconds faster than Diniz [OK not exactly something to shout about] but also miles quicker than anyone else on the Bridgestone tyre.

If the bridgestone advantage was so big, why did only Hill benefit from it? :S

There's no official mention of teh Bridgestone tyre being a better tyre anywhere I've looked, 1997 was their first season in F1 and they were still developing the tyre properly, only the teams with no money bothered to get a deal with them, because it was obviously cheaper than running with Goodyear.

watch the race its in your face the entire time.

I never said it was the better tyre in 1997, but its was the better tyre in the hotter conditions at that race.

Also first report I found on the race and its all over it: http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/86569.html

Also notice how they talk about the setup being crucial, another factor in hungry not being a drivers track although it does highlight that Hill had a knack for knowing the right setup for the track.
#649 - CSF

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG