The online racing simulator
Hopefully Honda will produce engine which is competitive with others. I don't want McLaren to sink like Williams did when they changed from BMW to Toyota-engines.
Quote from Stig209 :Hopefully Honda will produce engine which is competitive with others. I don't want McLaren to sink like Williams did when they changed from BMW to Toyota-engines.

Williams sunk because the BMW deal came with Works support, after BMW left a huge part of the budget was gone, that was the big reason for the downfall, combine that with the big sponsers that left at the same time and you got what you saw.

If anything this Mclaren Honda deal assures the downfall won't happen(Atleast the Financial way Williams did)as Honda is coming as a Works deal, its a crucial thing too as Mclaren just lost their massive deal With Vodafone.
Good thing their road engines are indestructible.
I'd much rather see them in orange.
Quote from reason0809 :wouldn't it be good if...

IIRC the noses will be lowered again next year too, making them even closer to their ancestors.
Everyone i talk to are thinking Red/White... I think it would be a crap idea, kinda like what Lotus did. ...... But Lotus did a half decent job.

The red Marlboro stripes worked with those cars back in the day, I dont think it would work now.

And in saying that, those stripes were Marlboro, not Honda.

I could see a red/white livery, if not that, Orange...
Im sure silver is gone 100%, thats Mercedes.
Quote from aoun :Everyone i talk to are thinking Red/White... I think it would be a crap idea, kinda like what Lotus did. ...... But Lotus did a half decent job.

The red Marlboro stripes worked with those cars back in the day, I dont think it would work now.

And in saying that, those stripes were Marlboro, not Honda.

I could see a red/white livery, if not that, Orange...
Im sure silver is gone 100%, thats Mercedes.

Still, Honda are from Japan, so it would still make sense if the car concept kept the white and red if they decide to keep the country racing colours pattern going.
Im thinking the Livery might be more tradditional Honda Red/Black.
Didn't Ferrari have to change their logo as it was too similar to the Marlboro one ?
I can't see McLaren being allowed to re-use the old Marlboro livery if this was the case.
Penske in indycar were using the same livery right up till 2008, I dont think there would be too much issue.

The Ferrari Rear wing was looking like the brands logo which I think was the issue.
Quote from Bean0 :Didn't Ferrari have to change their logo as it was too similar to the Marlboro one ?
I can't see McLaren being allowed to re-use the old Marlboro livery if this was the case.

Well lotus is effectively running the gold and black john player tobacco paintjob from its earlier years so I doubt in that sense there are very few reasons why mclaren couldn't run the red and white color scheme.

I think the old red and white would look very good in the mclarens but I doubt the other sponsors nor even mclaren themselves would want that. Would be quite strange if mclaren keeps the silver bullet paint scheme though.
This was said by Kimi today in an interview.

Kimi Raikkonen:
“I don’t use Facebook. If I could throw my phone away I would probably do it,” he said. “It’s always on silent and I don’t like when it rings and people are calling. We could live without those things in the past when we just had a phone on the street somewhere, on the corner or at the house. I have no interest in telling all the people what I do every day and where I am. I want to do my stuff privately with my friends or family and that’s it.”
The issue is the secrecy. How very odd from Pirelli. Surely there should have been a full public announcement?

Can't see Pirelli staying another year, this has started to become one massive pr **** up. Which it was ALWAYS going to be. Bridgestone knew when their tyres went to pot in canada and everyone thought that was a 'good' thing, that everyone had gone a bit loopy int he F1 world
Really, were the old Toyota chassis they had not good enough to test on?
Quote from Rappa Z :Really, were the old Toyota chassis they had not good enough to test on?

Nope.

This could be blowing up to something quite big.
Where do I get to see Raikkonen gaining 5 positions in last 3 laps? I want some onboard of it. The camera directors were completely useless today. They missed almost every action even though there wasn't that much happening.
This Just in! If Massa is unfit to compete in Canada due to his injury at Monaco, this guy will be driving in his place.

No way, this is insane.

Edit: i haven't seen any sources come up?
Oh come on, it was only a short movie shooting... Doh'

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG