The online racing simulator
The fans have the right to dislike someone but booing is their own personal choice. If you dont like someone in the real world, you don't go and hit them or shout abuse at them but yet somehow you think Vettel deserves to be boo'd on the podium every race and that is somehow different. As a 1 off I understand but the point has been made already

And to be honest he did 1 thing that maybe people have a right not to like with Malaysia and how he handled that whole thing initially coming off the podium when it wasn't true, but if you think that's a reflection on his personality then you're ignoring all the funny interviews he's had, even when he's being boo'd regularly on the podium he carries on doing his job of being interviewed etc when some drivers may just sod off at that point

For the record, I like Alonso and I'm hardly a Vettel fan - but come on lets be realistic. This is a guy doing his job to win, and hes more open and friendly with the media than Schumacher was. On the radio he can be a bit of a cry baby, and there is something dislikeable about him but it's just how it is and atleast he makes an effort. The constant hate parade on him is boring now. If you can talk about someone reasonably and be making a valid point then good, it's different to saying "I don't like this guy, I'm going to ignore everything and say a guy in a Marussia with hardly any F1 experience could do an equal job" it just makes you look stupid. Like him or dislike him(I'm in this category, crossing my fingers he dnf's every race etc) you should atleast see his driving is worthy of having the best car - it's just that other drivers are worthy and don't have that car - but thats not his fault.
#802 - CSF
The podium interviews, that add nothing really, probably make the booing more audible. Schumacher was certainly booed in his time, and his leg breaking crash cheered wildly, at Silverstone.

I'd probably boo Alonso. My moral compass suggests its wrong to blackmail your own team.
Quote from CSF :The podium interviews, that add nothing really, probably make the booing more audible. Schumacher was certainly booed in his time, and his leg breaking crash cheered wildly, at Silverstone.

I'd probably boo Alonso. My moral compass suggests its wrong to blackmail your own team.

No, because contracts.
#804 - CSF
Can you imagine if McLaren had forced the Championship leader by 8 points to defer to his team mate at the American Grand Prix? Going to be interesting next season if Kimi poses a threat.
Quote from CSF :The podium interviews, that add nothing really, probably make the booing more audible. Schumacher was certainly booed in his time, and his leg breaking crash cheered wildly, at Silverstone.

I don't think anyone could complain about being disrespected compared to the Leg break cheer Schumacher got at Silverstone in 1999.
Alonso had the same reputation after 2007, he came off looking like he gives no respect, but he changed it in 2008.

Always the first person to congratulate new time winners after their victory(see Kubica at montreal and Vettel at Monza, Both times Alonso wasn't on the podium and came to them), this is something Vettel has to start doing to atleast start rebuilding his image I would say(you could argue that no one new is winning so how could he do this, but honestly could you see Vettel doing it unless he was already on the podium), that or leave redbull which I doubt he would do and anyone in the same position.
Alonso is a different person since he left McLaren. Same with Hamilton. Honestly, I couldn't stand any of them while they were racing for McLaren. Now both are totally fine in my eyes. I wish Merc was a better car, I would like to see Vettel - Alonso - Hamilton CLOSE battles already.
Quote from CSF :

Then you'd be booing alot of F1 drivers, Lauda, Regazzoni, Andretti, Schumacher, Senna, Prost the list is pretty endless..
#809 - CSF
You dont honestly believe Ron new nothing about it till Fernando mentioned it do you? Once you remove that BS from that story, it doesn't sound as bad. And to be honest if you look at other champions who find themselves in that sort of position(Piquet, Prost) they have all reacted in that sort of way, where they feel like they don't get something they deserve from the team. I'm sure theres lots of drivers who have a bad temper behind closed doors, it was Ron's piss poor management of the situation that made it into a worse thing than it was by bringing it to light. That whole affair showed everything had broken down between the team and Alonso by they then already

Not saying what Alonso did was right. Him doing that has put him on the career backfoot ever since so it speaks for itself. But a driver losing his temper is nothing new and the whole incident was blown out of proportion in England because of Lewis Hamilton, desire for a good story, and Ron's management.
#811 - CSF
Ron doesn't say he didn't know, he said he didn't know about the new evidence. If you remember the tale, Ron called Fernando's bluff when Fernando attempted to force Ron into making Hamilton his no2.

McLaren were initially cleared in spygate, (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19454.html) until the incident where Hamilton was an arse and Fernando blocked him in the pits, which led to a farcical penalty for Fernando that the team itself disagreed with. Then Fernando decided to use the information that the drivers and technical folk had been discussing the Ferrari settings to his advantage.

Did Ron know about that? Not so sure, he was pretty ruthless in his dealings with Fernando, but I'm pretty sure I'd do the same if someone was trying that little stunt.

It quite rightly put Fernando on the back foot. He came away looking like someone who couldn't be trusted. I wouldn't say it has affected his career though.

2007 was a nonsense season in so many ways, possibly one of the worst in terms of off track crap, with the nonsensical decision not to punish Renault for using McLaren information, and then the business in Brazil with the cars and the illegal fuel not being DQ'd. Thoroughly enjoyable end to a season.
It's just maximizing your contract opportunity. It's really nothing new.
Quote from CSF :Ron doesn't say he didn't know, he said he didn't know about the new evidence. If you remember the tale, Ron called Fernando's bluff when Fernando attempted to force Ron into making Hamilton his no2.

McLaren were initially cleared in spygate, (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19454.html) until the incident where Hamilton was an arse and Fernando blocked him in the pits, which led to a farcical penalty for Fernando that the team itself disagreed with. Then Fernando decided to use the information that the drivers and technical folk had been discussing the Ferrari settings to his advantage.

Did Ron know about that? Not so sure, he was pretty ruthless in his dealings with Fernando, but I'm pretty sure I'd do the same if someone was trying that little stunt.

It quite rightly put Fernando on the back foot. He came away looking like someone who couldn't be trusted. I wouldn't say it has affected his career though.

2007 was a nonsense season in so many ways, possibly one of the worst in terms of off track crap, with the nonsensical decision not to punish Renault for using McLaren information, and then the business in Brazil with the cars and the illegal fuel not being DQ'd. Thoroughly enjoyable end to a season.

Not sure it was a stunt. After being demoted on the grid for getting revenge on his team mate ruining his qualifying strategy while his team mate sits on the grid in the first place, which might have been avoided if it wasn't for the way it was handled by Ron and Hamilton at the time, I'd be pretty pissed off - which is probably why he made that claim rather than some genuinly completely twisted way to gain control of the team - I don't think many drivers are stupid enough to think in their right minds doing something like that can end well, he just lost his temper. It's part of Ron's job to deal with that sort of situation, and instead he went to the FIA making Alonso look like the bad guy without investigating what went on in his own team first.

I think my point is that your team is supposed to be like your family. You're doing a job yes, but showing your emotions etc is a lot better than being frustrated and not showing anything(Kimi letting the car be developed away from him in 08 for example). You shouldn't be in a position where you lose your temper and by the time you come back around your actions have already been reported to the FIA.

To be honest bringing it back to the original point, Alonso and Vettel are like the examples of the team doing the opposite choice at the same crossroad. Red Bull, despite Vettel doing the obvious disobedience of the team, stuck with Vettel publicly and cleared it up internally. Alonso got shafted by the team once he did something in the heat of the moment after Hamilton tried to disadvantage him intentionally in Q and acted innocent. Not identical situations, but the principle(undermining teams authority in the heat of the moment) is the same. I guess the reason they got treated differently was that both teams got behind the guy they thought was most likely to win for them.
16 March Grand Prix of Australia
30 March Grand Prix of Malaysia
06 April Grand Prix of Bahrain
20 April Grand Prix of China
27 April Grand Prix of Korea (provisional)
11 May Grand Prix of Spain
25 May Grand Prix of Monaco
01 June Grand Prix of America, New Jersey (provisional*)
08 June Grand Prix of Canada
22 June Grand Prix of Austria
06 July Grand Prix of Great Britain
20 July Grand Prix of Germany (Hockenheim)
27 July Grand Prix of Hungary
24 August Grand Prix of Belgium
07 September Grand Prix of Italy
21 September Grand Prix of Singapore
05 October Grand Prix of Russia (Sochi)
12 October Grand Prix of Japan
26 October Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi
09 November Grand Prix of USA (Austin)
16 November Grand Prix of Mexico (provisional*)
30 November Grand Prix of Brasil

Source: AutoSport
Quote from Bmxtwins :22 June Grand Prix of Austria

I am so going to go there Even closer to my hometown than Hungary.
New Jersey, I'll believe it when I see it.

Mexico? Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez or a new track?
Do you guys think Grosjean will be back at Lotus? Or do you think they got tired of buying a new car each race?
Most definetely, in the last few races he has been very close to matching Kimi.

Singapore wasn't his fault and he would of been 3rd.

I think Hulkenburg will take the other seat, but they might sign Massa if they need money.
Its time for Massa to move on to indycar
Grosjean: Decently fast, improving and has potential which is what every team boss wants. All the noises from Lotus are that he's saying, he brings some sponsorship too so I can't see that changing.

Massa: He's historically been a good qualifier, and a confidence driver. A move away from Ferrari where he has lost his confidence is exactly what he needs, and he's always been a good team player. I can't see Lotus taking him, they've been making noises about wanting to move onto a new era, so that to me sounds like they want Hulk. But I'm sure there are seats available for Massa if he wants them, it's just whether he is going too far down the grid for it to be worth it. I can't see Massa moving to Indycar personally, maybe sportscars.
Not throwing any accusations about but Vettel's car does sound like it's blowing the diffuser pretty hard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DwXOPN7ZIM compared to the rest.

Not saying anything dodgy is going on because if RBR have found something fair play.
I noticed it on his onboard pole lap. It's only when he downshifts I think though wheras before it was just the whole braking zone afaik, but like you say it is probably blowing the diffuser in some way.
Quote from IsaacPrice :I noticed it on his onboard pole lap.

For the record, how many apexes did he miss on that lap?
Sounds like traction control kinda, quite a few people on youtube seem adamant its cylinder deactivation, which would make sense as Renault was playing with the engine mapping quite alot in the blown diffuser days and it was making similar sounds, not quite sure how you can even have a blown diffuser with the current exhaust regulations.

Also: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... _singapore_supremacy.html
Apparently it's kicked up QUITE the fuss.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG