The online racing simulator
Lastor Desperado only beats people cos he wrecks 'em off teh track. Biggest example is Perez, any time they get close on track there's tension in the air because Maldonado knows Perez has a bigger value than he does.

Maldonado is a strange enigma, he has the potential to be genuinely quick and win championships but then (not so much these days actually) he just goes awol and his alter ego the wreckmeister comes out and he decides to turn people or 'lose control' conveniently into the side of someone because he can't accept being passed or w/e.
Quote from Mustafur :Time will tell but your talking as if he is the best driver on the grid without any true evidence.

Maybe he is the most promissing one at least. He's reminding me a lot of Schim too so I can't help it. ;D

P.S. In wet driver skills oftenly overcome cars disabilities.
Schumacher is overrated. Although not even as close to as overrated as Vettel.
Yuji Ide was the best driver.
Quote from BlueFlame :Schumacher is overrated. Although not even as close to as overrated as Vettel.

you hate Germans eh?
According to swiss news Sauber is on the brink of bankruptcy, they're a couple of million Swiss Franks in debt and are now being officially prosecuted for 1.2 Million CHF by a group of creditors.

Peter Sauber was on Swiss TV on sunday explaining that sallary is still being paid but money for daily operations is drying up quickly, they would have updates for the cars ready in theory but can't afford to produce them. He also mentioned that they're in talks with some big sponsors (rumour is gazprom) and may be able to announce something in the next few weeks.

There's also rumours that Hulk already cancelled his Contract but keeps driving for Sauber because he would have no drive otherwise.

Not looking good.
Quote from troy :

Peter Sauber was on Swiss TV on sunday explaining that sallary is still being paid but money for daily operations is drying up quickly, they would have updates for the cars ready in theory but can't afford to produce them. He also mentioned that they're in talks with some big sponsors (rumour is gazprom) and may be able to announce something in the next few weeks.

There's also rumours that Hulk already cancelled his Contract but keeps driving for Sauber because he would have no drive otherwise.

Not looking good.

Yeah I saw a few days ago that he terminated his contract with them because he hasn't been paid for 3 rounds which is pretty bad. Other rumours that Sauber are trying to sell the team but it really doesn't look good.

On the plus side, the new Pirelli's that are being brought to Hungary and onwards are basically last years' tyres, Sauber has already shown they were quick in Hungary with Hulkenburg scoring points so hopefully they can get out of the rut.
Finnish media had some info about finnish-russian billionaire to show some interest about buying Sauber. I really do hope that will be the case.
Quote from Mustafur :you hate Germans eh?

No. I hate dirty drivers. Vettel is like adversely evil, he's like the friendly POW camp officer who seems like a great guy, but behind backs he's ordering the murder of innocents.
Quote from BlueFlame :No. I hate dirty drivers. Vettel is like adversely evil, he's like the friendly POW camp officer who seems like a great guy, but behind backs he's ordering the murder of innocents.

Vettel isn't Dirty, he does have a ruthless attitude to winning, but it doesn't make him a bad driver, just makes him look self centred look at any elite driver back in the 80s and they where exactly the same.

Also Schumi was similar but there is no denying his ability, even in his 40s with several years off he gave Rosberg a run for his money, just because he tapped wheels with a British driver doesn't make him untalented.
Quote from Mustafur :Also Schumi was similar but there is no denying his ability, even in his 40s with several years off he gave Rosberg a run for his money, just because he tapped wheels with a British driver doesn't make him untalented.

He's the only driver I can remember ever being excluded from the whole season.
#562 - CSF
Prost and Senna certainly should have been.
Vettel will never be as good as Schumi was.
Schumi is so good you come back to him as topic over Sauber rotting away.
Quote from N I K I :Schumi is so good you come back to him as topic over Sauber rotting away.

Rofl. Well yeah. I grew up on watching Schumi kicking ass. When will Vettel win starting dead last? Never. When will you find articles deeply analysing Vettel's telemetry? Never. When will Vettel be faster 4sec/lap than anyone else in rain? Never. Those were the good days, even if he had dick moves.

Oops, totally offtopic.
There are very few drivers now a days that can make those kind of drives (4s faster in rain).
Vettel is a villain. Anything he ever does will not be good enough.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Rofl. Well yeah. I grew up on watching Schumi kicking ass. When will Vettel win starting dead last? Never. When will you find articles deeply analysing Vettel's telemetry? Never. When will Vettel be faster 4sec/lap than anyone else in rain? Never. Those were the good days, even if he had dick moves.

Oops, totally offtopic.

Back in those days there was much more field spread, what Vettel is doing now is basically identical to what Schumi was doing back then, only he isn't in a Ferrari so you can't stand it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There are very few drivers now a days that can make those kind of drives (4s faster in rain).

Theres always been very few. But now is a different era. The demands of every era have been different and thats why its difficult to compare the best driver from each era. But I don't see how Schumacher is overrated when he's rated underneath people like Senna by many people. And likewise with Vettel compared to Alonso, and I'm an Alonso fan/supporter.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Theres always been very few. But now is a different era. The demands of every era have been different and thats why its difficult to compare the best driver from each era. But I don't see how Schumacher is overrated when he's rated underneath people like Senna by many people. And likewise with Vettel compared to Alonso, and I'm an Alonso fan/supporter.

My theory is back in those days the difference between the elite and the average drivers was much bigger, now that there is soo much more development series out there now the talent that comes through is much more refined, so the difference between all the drivers isn;t that much anymore.

Before having a 1 second gap to your team mate in qualifying was normal, now that would almost get you sacked.
Quote from Mustafur :My theory is back in those days the difference between the elite and the average drivers was much bigger, now that there is soo much more development series out there now the talent that comes through is much more refined, so the difference between all the drivers isn;t that much anymore.

Before having a 1 second gap to your team mate in qualifying was normal, now that would almost get you sacked.

More powerfull cars and less downforce cars highlight talent and skill more as well. Just take a look in difference between GT1 and GT2 championships in LFS for power example.
It's more the cars than the drivers yeah. But it's still true that in general the standard of drivers should improve because the support systems for the best to work their way to the top should be continuously improving.
Sauber F1 team has been "bought" By 3 russian corporations

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG