The online racing simulator
beat me to it! Hopefully it works out to be a step forward for them. With a Russian GP coming aswell, it makes sense.
Quote from Bmxtwins :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_bcRiV6DY8

I enjoyed this

Dat music
Quote from Stig209 :Sauber F1 team has been "bought" By 3 russian corporations

If I read correctly news somewhere, a teenager born in 1995 will be racing Sauber next because is Sergey and Russian.
Quote from CSF :Prost and Senna certainly should have been.

Well they only ever took each other out. So swings 'n roundabouts really.
Quote from N I K I :

If I read correctly news somewhere, a teenager born in 1995 will be racing Sauber next because is Sergey and Russian.

What I've read, they're going to sign Massa and Bianchi for season 2014
#581 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Well they only ever took each other out. So swings 'n roundabouts really.

It really isn't.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S ... otkin_%28racing_driver%29

I checked that earlier and imo (depending on the car development) midfield at best at start, bug given his age, he could get much better.

On the other hand, i've read somewhere, that Sauber knows how to make their current car better, but don't have money to develop new parts. If the oil/gas rubles come quick-ish, it could be good for them and hopefully they could mix the midfield a bit more.
To be honest, everyone is spewing the same stuff about him only being there because his dad is a Director of one of the Sauber sponsors, which is true, but that doesn't mean he is untalented. At 17 years old, he's holding 8th place in WSR 3.5 which is no mean feat, and has been a champion in Formula Abarth which is a well recognised championship. WSR has more experience and talent in it this year than GP2 in my honest opinion, so, given the fact he is so young, he is definitely a star. Plus the fact he is definitely secure in terms of finance, it will be very interesting to see how he goes next year, and even if he will be fit enough to last in the first races of the season.

If he is quick, expect the lower formula's to become a graveyard, people who can, will simply move straight out of karting into F3 / Gp2 / WSR for 2 seasons rather than working their way up, because what's the point anymore? You may as well be thrown in at the deep end and make your learning curve almost vertical if you can than "waste" several years in the lower feeder series.

On another topic, Lotus are seemingly bemused at rumours of Kimi leaving, in fact Lopez doesn't expect his drive ... to change at all for 2014 which is strange, seeing as a chance to drive in the team that's won the last 3 championships would seem a given. With Sirotkin coming in next year, it also seem's as if Hulkenburg is on the brink, either go to a higher team or will lose a seat in F1 altogether which is a real shame because he is talented for sure. However, will all the money coming in from Russian sponsors, do they really need the Mexican to be paying as well? If I were Sauber I would try keep hold of Hulkenburg for next season as a benchmark and team leader. But, with the Ferrari links, it could be Bianchi who lands the drive, or even someone from GP2 / WSR.

Bianchi is also in the running for a Ferrari seat should Massa lose it, but Di Resta has also emerged as a strong contender, but I definitely feel as if Bianchi is proving himself in that dog of a Marussia to put himself in contention, even if I secretly want Di Resta to land a top drive. Other rumours have suggested Lotus-Renault want an all-French line up for next season should Raikkonen leave, which opens the door for Vergne, Grosjean and Bianchi.

For those that care, Susie Wolff will have a day at the Young Driver Test for Williams alongside Mercedes test driver Juncadella and Maldonado. I'm in two minds about this, because I'm not sexist or against women making it to F1, so long as they get there because they are talented enough, not purely because they are a woman. And in my opinion, Wolff certainly isn't talented enough to get into F1, and certainly behind the likes of Bird, Frijns, Calado, Nasr, Juncadella and Valsecchi. Also strange to see Juncadella there, I thought Mercedes were banned from the test?
Marussia to use Ferrari engines from 2014.

Quote from formula1.com :Marussia have announced a new technical partnership with Ferrari that will see their cars powered by the Italian firm’s engines from next season. The team have used Cosworth engines since they joined the grid in 2010.

As a Ferrari customer team, under the new 2014 regulations Marussia will be supplied with the Scuderia’s new 1.6-litre, V6 engine, plus their Energy Recovery System, full transmission and all related ancillary systems.

“The importance of this development to our team cannot be overstated,” said Marussia CEO Andy Webb. “Not only will we benefit from a customer supply from the most successful engine manufacturer in Formula One’s history, but this also provides further confirmation, if it were needed, of our commitment to the sport and determination to maintain our progression towards our long-term ambitions.

“The new powertrain regulations being introduced next year represent the most substantial engine development within the sport since the introduction of the V8 formula and are all the more significant for the increased contribution of the Energy Recovery System. We look forward to working with Scuderia Ferrari during this exciting new era of Formula One competition.”

Marussia’s announcement means 2014 is expected to feature three Ferrari-powered teams (the other customer squad being Sauber), while 2013 will be Cosworth’s last season as an F1 engine supplier for the foreseeable future.

“We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Cosworth, with whom we have partnered since our debut season in 2010,” added Webb. “We have shared an important part of our team’s journey together and Cosworth have been an integral part of our clear progression. We will continue to work together during the latter half of the season to ensure we all achieve our combined objectives before Cosworth leave the sport.”

Marussia are currently 10th in the constructors’ standings, with Jules Bianchi’s 13th place in Malaysia their best 2013 result to date.

Quote from CSF :It really isn't.

Well.. Yea.. it is... Neither Prost or Senna owes/d each other anything. They are even. There's no unfinished business there at all.

Quote from Gougoodthing :

Who needs that shit when you can drive the MP4/4 on GameStockCar.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well.. Yea.. it is... Neither Prost or Senna owes/d each other anything. They are even. There's no unfinished business there at all.

Sure, because securing a world championship by taking out your opponent intentionally is just racing, right? Why punish that...
Quote from amp88 :Sure, because securing a world championship by taking out your opponent intentionally is just racing, right? Why punish that...

Like I said before, no brits were involved so its a non issue for him.

The selective criticizing of Schumacher is lol worthy.
Quote from amp88 :Sure, because securing a world championship by taking out your opponent intentionally is just racing, right? Why punish that...

Yea but they only wrecked each other. It's been and gone now. Water under the bridge.

The difference is with Schumacher is he wrecked two different guys that drove cleanly with him. So that puts him into a different category of nob.

Rule #1 of competition : respect your opponents, and regardless of Prost and Senna's on track excursions they most certainly DID respect each other as drivers.
Dunno, if I respect someone, I don't crash him off the track, risking his life.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Dunno, if I respect someone, I don't crash him off the track, risking his life.

Well that's just the mad thing with Senna and Prost. They clearly did rate each other extremely highly.
#595 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea but they only wrecked each other. It's been and gone now. Water under the bridge.

The difference is with Schumacher is he wrecked two different guys that drove cleanly with him. So that puts him into a different category of nob.

Rule #1 of competition : respect your opponents, and regardless of Prost and Senna's on track excursions they most certainly DID respect each other as drivers.

Both were pre-meditated. Senna could have killed both. "If you don't go for a gap" is now used by young drivers as the bible. Great example.

On Schumacher, JV was no saint. I suggest you watch his outrageous antics in the now forgotten 1997 Japanese Grand Prix, when racing under appeal for being stupid, and come back and tell everyone JV always raced clean. I don't think you can call someone who comes out of the pits, scrambles across the road going slowly aiming for another car 'clean'.

Incidently, thats the race where Schumacher learned the cut across at the start. Of course the whining Canadian was one of the ones to complain about it in 2000, but he was the one that did it first in Japan 97.

Hill was far from saintly as a driver too of course, but he was British, so it gets forgotten.
Quote from CSF :

Hill was far from saintly as a driver too of course, but he was British, so it gets forgotten.

prior to 94 Schumacher had no reason to take Hill out.

But you basically just said, Senna could of killed someone, but Schumacher's BS goes unnoticed to you. Schumacher pretty much every other race forced someone onto the grass at excessive speed.

Either way you just proved my point of Prost and Senna because you believe Schumachers moves were legit because of previous events.
Also Senna and Prost came from a different era where men were still men, racing was still meant to be dangerous, and nobody really minded all that much. Nowadays people are so afraid of danger that they insist sportsmen should hide away from it too, so we have silly penalties and boring tracks. Motorsport can be too safe (and I say that despite recently fracturing my spine doing motor racing).
#598 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :prior to 94 Schumacher had no reason to take Hill out.

But you basically just said, Senna could of killed someone, but Schumacher's BS goes unnoticed to you. Schumacher pretty much every other race forced someone onto the grass at excessive speed.

Either way you just proved my point of Prost and Senna because you believe Schumachers moves were legit because of previous events.

You are an idiot, I've not said that in the slightest. The only person to be suggesting such extreme things in this entire forum is yourself as per usual.
Quote from CSF :You are an idiot.

I'm an idiot because you favour Schumacher over Senna? OK.
#600 - CSF
There's no favoring in any of my posts, I have not said Schumacher shouldn't have been disqualified, the only person who has voiced an opinion is yourself who wishes to criticize Schumacher and glorify Senna... oh and Prost who you've conveniently forgotten about.

Yes, you are an idiot.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG