The online racing simulator
Frame pls, can you make it bigger and better quality so we can actually see anything?
You could try zooming in (Ctrl & +). You can't really zoom in AND make it better quality - this isn't Bladerunner!!!
I know but Frame knows how to make it bigger and better quality
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I know but Frame knows how to make it bigger and better quality

I tried zooming in and yup, 100% it's him.

Hahaha :d I almost fell off my chair, you sir, are a boss.
That sums up the worst of F1 right there. Still, at least that hack kept Williams afloat through their troubled times.
Anyone got a link to that Honda engine video? I keep hearing about it but I can't find it anywhere.
I really hope Lotus takes Hulk and leave Maldonado either at a worse team or with no seat at all.
Quote from Rappa Z :I really hope Lotus takes Hulk and leave Maldonado either at a worse team or with no seat at all.

Agreed. He seems like the guy who's too ignorant to actually learn anything.
"He still makes too many mistakes," the team member is quoted as saying.

And Massa doesn't?
http://www.reuters.com/article ... ncy-idUSBRE99H03220131018

Quote :"There was just one racer who, in a year and half, was approved for $66 million," Benitez told the paper. "Just two of these drivers were claiming in a year what it costs us to take the whole team of more than 600 athletes (to an event)."

I suspect we know who this driver is.
That money is going to be a huge pita for williams to get next season if maldonado leaves or can not bring that kind of money anymore. And I doubt it is not exactly easy to get more sponsors with those bad results their 2013 season is full of now...
I really hope that Toro Rosso's decision on choosing Kvyat over Da Costa backfires. I really do. Even with their demanding policies on drivers' results, it was a ridiculous decision.

Felix Da Costa's lackluster WSR season and Kvyat's talent can't be the only reasons for him to be ditched just like that.

Is it great to see a new young face in F1? I won't lie, it is, whether it's Da Costa or not.

Did Felix Da Costa deserve the Toro Rosso race seat for 2014? He did more than enough to deserve it!

Is Danil Kyvat (correct me if I'm wrong) going to fare better than Da Costa next year? No, but that's apparently a risk that STR want to take by choosing someone who only did straight line speed tests over someone with actual track experience (3-4 Young Drivers' Tests) and the proven talent to drive an F1 car.

It's not fair but in the end, money talks and unfortunately without the Red Bull backing, all that Da Costa can do is take the news, regroup and keep trying because there are no portuguese companies willing to back a driver in F1 (I can remember Álvaro Parente being booted from Virgin in 2010 because Turismo de Portugal bailed on their payments).
Felíx Da Costa is for sure a big talent but although I'm somewhat shocked. I still believe Kvyat is a bigger and better talent.

Also, Kvyat did more than just straight line tests. So not sure where that butthurt comment came from.
Quote from BlueFlame :Felíx Da Costa is for sure a big talent but although I'm somewhat shocked. I still believe Kvyat is a bigger and better talent.

Also, Kvyat did more than just straight line tests. So not sure where that butthurt comment came from.

Look at the flag, to be honest there choices where not as good as the past three drivers they got, as all had won championships in lower catgorys and 2 of them fought for the 3.5 title to the wire.

Kyvat can still win the GP3 Title though so there is that, but honestly at age 19 given todays lack of testing I would be getting atleast another season or two out of 3.5 or GP2 first, putting him in the str on fridays to gain knowledge.
No, because the engines weigh more than anticipated, thus reducing the amount of weight a driver can be.
Note that there is a Russian GP next year. Expect at least 1 more Russian in F1 next year.
I think the flag has little to do with it. Kvyat will show to be at least better than Guttierez
They obviously liked what they saw in the Young Driver Test, but Vergne will be gone by the end of next year so presumably that will promote Sainz Jr. That would be a very inexperienced line up and I wonder if it might have been better to put Da Costa in now and then put Kvyat in the following year after a season in GP2. Da Costa hasn't had a stellar year, but form is temporary.
I think it's more a case of they have reason to doubt da costa, wheras they are still unsure about Kvyat. Also, Russia is a big market for Red Bull. They have 2 teams in F1 and the cost of running a F1 team will be increased for both of their teams next season, so if they can balance that by taking extra finance then it's a positive reason for sure. Surely if he competes reasonably with Vergne, he shows he has good potential to improve and become someone who could take over from Vettel if he moves on, if he doesn't then they will have to buy someone in. da Costa might be a safer bet for a decent F1 driver, but perhaps not for a F1 champion.

Have to feel for da Costa though, if he came along 1 year later, then the form he showed last year would be happening now, and he would have got the drive easily. People would be talking whether he should be driving for Red Bull, not Toro Rosso...not whether he should be in F1.
Quote from IsaacPrice :
People would be talking whether he should be driving for Red Bull, not Toro Rosso...not whether he should be in F1.

Maybe that's the case. Maybe they'll get rid of Ricciardo quite soon. Who knows.
Quote from BlueFlame :I think the flag has little to do with it. Kvyat will show to be at least better than Guttierez

I meant the posters flag.

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG