The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
I'm going to get murdered, but I haven't even tried te F40 yet.
My only complaint with the F40 is that the RSR leaderboard does not distinguish between Tires Road90s and the slicks or the modern road tires. I love driving it with its original set up. She is such a bitch.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm going to get murdered, but I haven't even tried te F40 yet.

... I've only driven the F40 since it came out and not touched the other new cars yet. Must give them a go today.
The bmw gt2 is easy to drive at 90% but you try get that extra 10% and it becomes quite difficult, you have to be so smooth.
Would love to be wrestling with the F40 right now, but I fear for my hardware in this heat. It's almost 10pm too...
Attached images
20131222_214017.jpg
People forget one simple thing: F40 is an old car, so it was built in those days where technologies weren't as good and smooth as nowadays are. No wonder why engine, brakes, gears don't respond and act in the way as nowadays engine, brakes and gears do.
I have some question as a steam-non-user - are the download speeds in general pathetic or it's for some reason only for me? Found some wi-fi hotspot,speedtest result is ~10Mbits,even currently the download peak is just 400KB/s (also 3.2Mbit),it's downloading with interuptions,usually maxing just 100KB/s then goes to 0. Browsing websites doesn't seem to be interupted,everything goes smoothly like with normal connection,just the steam download is crap - current time remaining averages 2 days. I can't sit here for 2 days ffs...
Quote from e2mustang :for the graphics i found some options to be nice with high fps.
nvidia

Hdr off,vertical sync off,lock cam to horizon off,anisopic filter 4x,AA 2x, cube resolution low,6 faces per frame and than in nvidia inspector add the game,than aa transperancy supersampling 4x sparse grid,vertical sync tear control adaptive

What GFX Card is that?
It did it for me with an avarage of 7 MB/sec around 15 minutes or something, can't remember exactly.
Then I guess,I'm screwed,this is just ridiculous...
Quote from Eclipsed :Found some wi-fi hotspot

Just to be clear, are you attempting to download GBs of updates from a public wi-fi network or are you borrowing it from a neighbour?
Yes,as stupid as it sounds,I'm using public network here,with max speed the download could be done in 1h,ok,I understand,that I won't get max speed,but after 1h I have just 6% complete. I tried to download other stuff (just browser download) and it was much faster and without interruptions,wondering,why I'm getting this pathetic rate just in steam!
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes,as stupid as it sounds,I'm using public network here,with max speed the download could be done in 1h,ok,I understand,that I won't get max speed,but after 1h I have just 6% complete. I tried to download other stuff (just browser download) and it was much faster and without interruptions,wondering,why I'm getting this pathetic rate just in steam!

In the nicest way possible...this isn't a steam problem..
Quote from Eclipsed :Then I guess,I'm screwed,this is just ridiculous...

Still faster than a disc would arrive by mail. Let it finish and all will be well.

I remember when a 28MB patch for medal of honor seemed like it wasn't worth the wait, thank the baby jesus this Christmas for broadband internets.
What the actual fck, steam is telling me i have to Install the game, while it's clearly installed!?
Verify the games files..

For those with slow speeds try change your download location in steam.. I flit between london and manchester (im in leeds) i average around 10mb/s
Quote from R3DMAN :Verify the games files..

Piece of shi*e won't allow that cause it behaves like the game isn't installed at all. Had to accept the install, and now it's 'searching for existing files' for like 10 fckin minutes. So i have to have at least 10, 11gb all the time in case it happens again? Ah, in these moments i regret they went the Steam way..
Everything works perfectly fine since the very first beta release on my end...
Quote from Mysho :Everything works perfectly fine since the very first beta release on my end...

same here tbh
Yup, never had a single problem with Steam.
Neverthless, if it happens, just accept the Install (you must have space that is required as if you don't have it), it will discover existing files for a few minutes and that's it.
E30 DTM is soooooooooooooooooooo much fun
Quote from Eclipsed :I have some question as a steam-non-user - are the download speeds in general pathetic or it's for some reason only for me? Found some wi-fi hotspot,speedtest result is ~10Mbits,even currently the download peak is just 400KB/s (also 3.2Mbit),it's downloading with interuptions,usually maxing just 100KB/s then goes to 0. Browsing websites doesn't seem to be interupted,everything goes smoothly like with normal connection,just the steam download is crap - current time remaining averages 2 days. I can't sit here for 2 days ffs...

You could try and change the download server location in the steam options, try some different ones and see which one works best for you.
Quote from R34GTR :E30 DTM is soooooooooooooooooooo much fun

Indeed, I love its stiff suspension. Magione last sector is quite challenging, it doesn't like curbs at all. When you take them hard the car jumps off like a bunny. Once I kept on jumping through the whole track and didn't stop until the gravel...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG