The online racing simulator
Then I guess,I'm screwed,this is just ridiculous...
Quote from Eclipsed :Found some wi-fi hotspot

Just to be clear, are you attempting to download GBs of updates from a public wi-fi network or are you borrowing it from a neighbour?
Yes,as stupid as it sounds,I'm using public network here,with max speed the download could be done in 1h,ok,I understand,that I won't get max speed,but after 1h I have just 6% complete. I tried to download other stuff (just browser download) and it was much faster and without interruptions,wondering,why I'm getting this pathetic rate just in steam!
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes,as stupid as it sounds,I'm using public network here,with max speed the download could be done in 1h,ok,I understand,that I won't get max speed,but after 1h I have just 6% complete. I tried to download other stuff (just browser download) and it was much faster and without interruptions,wondering,why I'm getting this pathetic rate just in steam!

In the nicest way possible...this isn't a steam problem..
Quote from Eclipsed :Then I guess,I'm screwed,this is just ridiculous...

Still faster than a disc would arrive by mail. Let it finish and all will be well.

I remember when a 28MB patch for medal of honor seemed like it wasn't worth the wait, thank the baby jesus this Christmas for broadband internets.
What the actual fck, steam is telling me i have to Install the game, while it's clearly installed!?
Verify the games files..

For those with slow speeds try change your download location in steam.. I flit between london and manchester (im in leeds) i average around 10mb/s
Quote from R3DMAN :Verify the games files..

Piece of shi*e won't allow that cause it behaves like the game isn't installed at all. Had to accept the install, and now it's 'searching for existing files' for like 10 fckin minutes. So i have to have at least 10, 11gb all the time in case it happens again? Ah, in these moments i regret they went the Steam way..
Everything works perfectly fine since the very first beta release on my end...
Quote from Mysho :Everything works perfectly fine since the very first beta release on my end...

same here tbh
Yup, never had a single problem with Steam.
Neverthless, if it happens, just accept the Install (you must have space that is required as if you don't have it), it will discover existing files for a few minutes and that's it.
E30 DTM is soooooooooooooooooooo much fun
Quote from Eclipsed :I have some question as a steam-non-user - are the download speeds in general pathetic or it's for some reason only for me? Found some wi-fi hotspot,speedtest result is ~10Mbits,even currently the download peak is just 400KB/s (also 3.2Mbit),it's downloading with interuptions,usually maxing just 100KB/s then goes to 0. Browsing websites doesn't seem to be interupted,everything goes smoothly like with normal connection,just the steam download is crap - current time remaining averages 2 days. I can't sit here for 2 days ffs...

You could try and change the download server location in the steam options, try some different ones and see which one works best for you.
Quote from R34GTR :E30 DTM is soooooooooooooooooooo much fun

Indeed, I love its stiff suspension. Magione last sector is quite challenging, it doesn't like curbs at all. When you take them hard the car jumps off like a bunny. Once I kept on jumping through the whole track and didn't stop until the gravel...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Indeed, I love its stiff suspension. Magione last sector is quite challenging, it doesn't like curbs at all. When you take them hard the car jumps off like a bunny. Once I kept on jumping through the whole track and didn't stop until the gravel...

Quote from troy :Regarding graphics settings, if you're on nvidia try this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/ ... /0/666825525296642878/#p1

The 4x sparse grid supersampling is quite heavy on fps but these settings look most natural to me, with hdr turned on you get fxaa but it does make the game look blurry and adds weird effects.

Tested this

Ended up with 8x af, 4x aa, medium shadows, hdr on, cube low, faces 1
I am getting 90-125fps depending on track and lightning

is that ps headlights? coz since update all headlights are very very dull,barely visible
Need HDR to be turned on for headlight glare.
Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..
Is GTX650 that bad in performance or the rest of my hardware is bottlenecking the VGA? I mean... I'm getting a few fps drops on the lowest possible graphics on 1680x1050..
Quote from e2mustang :is that ps headlights? coz since update all headlights are very very dull,barely visible

raw pic
Quote from Boris Lozac :Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..

On my AMD 6850 it is an noticable drop in smoothness and frames. I could play it with HDR on, but it just feels smoother and nicer with HDR off. So I guess it depends on your hardware what kind of fps drop you'll notice.

It's a shame I'm missing quite a bit eye-candy with HDR off.

But I'll upgrade my graphics cards soon, anyway.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG